“Clean but horrible beds.”

Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
Reviewed December 9, 2008

We stayed in the suite with kitchen. The rooms were very clean. The main bedroom is a loft with all the heat going up and the ceiling fan so dirty that I would not turn it on. The beds are so bad that I had to get up in the night and sleep on the couch. Our girls slept in the murphy bed out in the open of the living/dining room. So no one had privacy short of a curtain. I would only recommend this hotel if they have a remodel and purchase new better beds. After all, what good is a clean room with no bed?

Stayed: December 2008
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

Thank you for your review. I wanted to let you know that as of July 12th, 2010 all of the mattresses have been replaced with brand new, 9 inch Marriott stand mattresses.

Thanks,

Adam

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria

Reviewed November 17, 2008

We enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn and would stay there, or in another Residence Inn in the future.

The breakfast is ample with many choices, no one should leave there without finding something to eat.

We had a standard room with a king sized bed. It had a full kitchen with full sized refrigerator (with icemaker), glasses and dishes which were very convenient, even though we didn't do any cooking. There was a couch and a large desk/table area for eating or doing paperwork. Lots of storage in the room too.

I have 2 complaints though -- these rooms don't have any kind of night light. You couldn't turn on the bathroom light and close the door down because to fan was connected to the light switch and it was a little loud for night-time music. I went out and bought a night light so we could find our way to the bathroom at night.

The other thing is housekeeping. You have 2 magnets to put out for housekeeping - one says "No Service", the other "A Little Later Please" so that they will clean, but later in the day. Well, no where in the room's welcome letter or any other literature, do they tell you that if you want your room cleaned, there should be no magnet (or "Later Please") on your door by 7:00 a.m. I removed our "No Service" magnet by 8:00 a.m., but was told later in the afternoon (after no cleaning), that our door was checked at 7:00 a.m. and it said we didn't need cleaning. This is very confusing - they should explain it in the welcome letter they post on the refrigerator.

Otherwise, the stay was good. Next time I'll bring my night light and check out the housekeeping rules.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank LouKYLady
Reviewed September 8, 2008

We stayed here over the Labor Day weekend. We arrived a bit early & tried to see if we could check in early. The person at the front desk was very rude & vague as to when a room would be available. We were traveling with an infant, so we were just hoping to see if we could check in early so he could nap. Otherwise the other staff we met were nice. We got the bi-level suite with two separate sleeping areas, which was nice. The toiletries were not fully stocked, but the kitchen was well stocked with essentials. The only complaint we had about the room was the carpet. If you put your feet on the carpet they immediately were black, oily stained. It was difficult to scrub off & we were not happy about that with an infant who was on the move. We had to put the bed sheets on the floor so the baby could walk & crawl around. They really need to clean those carpets. The morning breakfast was a nice set up.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2008

The property was very hard to find from the directions that I was given, but after being there for the first night I ended up finding a eaiser way of getting there from Brentwood Blvd.

The hotel was very nice, it had a town home style on the outside. They had all the estentials needed to make the weekend great. We even saved money just by buying our own food and just eating in our room. All in all it was great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank cpank
Reviewed April 5, 2008

Recently spent two nights here. Decided we needed more room for our family of four so we splurged and went with the bi-level executive penthouse. While we had room to spread out, it still seemed like there was too much furniture and not enough space in the unit itself. When you closed off the master bedroom downstairs to the living room(where my son slept), it got very cold for him because the heating vent was in our room. Also, the upstairs bedroom is a loft, not a closed off room so sound (and heat) traveled up. This is an older property. The employees were fine and didn't experience any problems with our reservation. The breakfast buffet was good but they do start breaking it down a few minutes before 10:30 a.m. The waffle maker didn't work either. I don't know if I would stay here again because I thought it was a bit overpriced.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 30, 2008

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn Galleria for a few days during the NCAA wrestling tournament. The best feature of the hotel is the location to the Metrolink (right next door) and Galleria Mall (2 blocks away). Forest Park and other attractions aren't that far either. The Hwy 40/I-64 closure makes it kind of difficult to find the property if you are not familar with St Louis (If coming south on I-170 exit at Brentwood Blvd, go right, make a left at Crate and Barrel and go under the underpass. If coming west on I-64 exit at Hanley Rd, go right, make a left on Clayton Rd, make a left on Linden Ave (will turn into McMorrow when you "U" around).) Things will improve when the road reopens.
The staff was friendly and professional. Everything in the room was in working order. The room and bedding were clean. Property was in decent repair. Great breakfast buffet in morning. The property is in a safe part of town (hotel also has a security guard that walks the premises at night).
The only problem I had is that the room smelled something like BO and the furnishing could be updated.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2008

For the most part the hotel is fine. It is in a nice, safe location...but is very hard to find. The service I experienced was not the usual quality I get from the Marriott chain and I was disappointed in that. The front desk was not very friendly. For 2 days I called for extra towels in my room and finally had to stop by the front desk to get my own. I was really disappointed in the rooms. For the price and the chain (I like Residence Inns) they were old, worn, and not very well appointed. The beds were old and hard as well. However, the room was clean and it was nice to have a fireplace. Overall, it is a good place to stay, but not worth the price. Do some digging. I go to STL all the time. For about the same rate there are newer nicer hotels! Safe travels all!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Brentwood
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood
Hampton Inn and Suites Clayton / St Louis - Galleria Area
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park

Been to Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria? Share your experiences!