“Spacious with complete kitchen”

Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
Arlington
“Spacious with complete kitchen”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed in an accessible room and was glad the room entrance was a few steps from the parking place, although others might prefer a lobby entrance rather than a "down and out" motel-like arrangement. The room was spacious with a full kitchen that included an oven and a full-sized refrigerator. The accessible bathroom was excellent with a large roll-in shower and sturdy grab bars. The major downside was an extremely noisy a/c system that had no adjustment on the fan speed. We turned it off and lived with ambient temperatures.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arlingtonfoodie31
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay especially the full kitchen. We are truly sorry about the loud A/C unit. In the future, please contact the Front Desk so one of our associates can get that taken care of for you. Thanks again for staying with Marriott and we hope to see you again.

Adam Plous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chicago
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Thought I reviewed this hotel after our stay and realized I didn't. Great hotel!
We needed a two bedroom unit and was cheerily accommodated.
The rooms are clean and spacious. Do ask to be away from the highway and you will not hear any traffic noise.
Breakfast is good - there are many options. It can be a bit tight in the breakfast area - but you could also bring it back to your room.
Parking is free.
Everyone associated with the hotel was warm and friendly. They went out of their way to be helpful. I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from highway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travelcrazy58
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed breakfast and that everyone you came acrsoss was warm and friendly. We hope to see you again sometime!

Thanks,
Adam
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This place is Awesome! It's tucked away in a quaint area very close to the train stop, very close to the Galleria and other shopping. My family and I stayed (my parents, myself and my daughter) in a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite and couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. It was spacious, we weren't all over each other but close enough to feel like home. My only wish is that we stayed longer. The staff was great, especially Kesha at the front desk. She's very professional and makes you feel at home. Breakfast was good and hot. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone that needs a little more than average space for their stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MrsKimMorrow
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for giving us such an excellent review! We atre thrilled that you loved your spacious 2 bedroom suite and also that you enjoyed our staff, especially Kesha. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here on the weekend when my family and I were going for a house hunting trip with a job relocation. I'm a platinum member and have taken my family on a number of business trips and stayed at a number of Residence Inns. The rooms were nicely renovated and were very good size. I just had a one bedroom studio. I thought the room was excellent. I've stayed at a couple older Residence Inns that have the apartment feel (outside doors), but have never felt unsafe until this one. We got in late, so we got a room on the far corner near the street. We were on the bottom floor with a sliding glass door to the outside. At 3 am, I wake up to a fight right outside the room in the parking lot. A few people are yelling at each other and there are a number of cars that were in the parking lot that showed up. The fight went on for a a while, but security finally came and broke it up. They did have a security guard around which made me feel a little better, but apparently the people staying there are a little trashier than your normal Residence Inn clients.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the second floor in the inner part of the complex.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mpope1985
Hello Sir,

I truly apologize for your unpleasant experience at our Residence Inn back in July. I can promise that incidents like that are not a common occurence at our hotel. Unfortunately every once in a while someone causes a disturbance at a hotel that is not forseen. As you stated we do have a security guard on property every night just to make sure everyone feels comfortable and safe. I can promise that if you stayed at our property again you would have a quiet and comfortable stay. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and we appreciate your business.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is an older Residence Inn, the kind with outside doors (more motel than hotel). That being said the room was well taken care of although the outside and building maintenance were a bit run down. The front desk staff was friendly and the free breakfast was good. It's about two blocks from the Galleria and half a block from a Metro train stop.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank EllaCole116
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are glad that you found the rooms to be well taken care of. Also, we are constantly working to make sure that our exterior looks as nice as our interior, and we just finished a big landscaping project to improve the exterior appear of the hotel. Later this year we will be getting all new sidewalks as well. Thank you again for staying with us!
Mississippi
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed at Residence Inn Galleria last weekend with youth group. The suites are SUPER, there is a lot of green space and the location is AWESOME. Walking distance to the Metro and Galleria. The staff could not have been more helpful and courteous. Breakfast was very good and well managed. We all wanted to come back to the Residence Inn after a week at work camp!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NancyMississippi
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you loved your stay and we hope to see you again sometime!
Tennessee
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The location is excellent. You can to the train to go downtown and very close to the mall and other shopping. The room we stayed in was a bilevel with a bedroom and bathroom upstairs. It gave us nice separation from the kids. The room was very clean and had everything you would need if you wanted to use the kitchen. My only complaint was the breakfast. We ate fairly early and the hot food was cold. However, I would still recommend. I definitely didn't feel like I was staying in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cjsj
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed the stay and found the location and room to be excellent. I am truly sorry about the breakfast experience. If you have a moment, please contact me at Adam.Plous@marriott.com so I can get a few details about that. Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park

Been to Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria? Share your experiences!