Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
The Cheshire(Saint Louis)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgalleria mallfull kitchenlonger termloft bedroomconvenient locationmain buildingeasy accessoutdoor pooloatmealfloor roomsitting areaminute driveupon checktwo blocksfree internetup to datecity museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed at Residence Inn Galleria last weekend with youth group. The suites are SUPER, there is a lot of green space and the location is AWESOME. Walking distance to the Metro and Galleria. The staff could not have been more helpful and courteous. Breakfast was very good and well managed. We all wanted to come back to the Residence Inn after a week at work camp!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NancyMississippi
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you loved your stay and we hope to see you again sometime!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The location is excellent. You can to the train to go downtown and very close to the mall and other shopping. The room we stayed in was a bilevel with a bedroom and bathroom upstairs. It gave us nice separation from the kids. The room was very clean and had everything you would need if you wanted to use the kitchen. My only complaint was the breakfast. We ate fairly early and the hot food was cold. However, I would still recommend. I definitely didn't feel like I was staying in a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cjsj

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed the stay and found the location and room to be excellent. I am truly sorry about the breakfast experience. If you have a moment, please contact me at Adam.Plous@marriott.com so I can get a few details about that. Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

As other reviewers have noted, this is an older Residence Inn property and I thought my room showed some heavy wear. I stayed two nights. I appreciated that everyone I encountered had a friendly and pleasant demeanor. That being said, My room had some maintenance issues. I was traveling alone and my room had a sliding patio door that opened to the parking lot. I always check that the locks work properly when checking in, and in this case, mine didn't on the sliding door. I called about the issue and someone showed up in about a minute to try to fix it. About 15 min. later it was repaired. The next day, after opening the door to get some fresh air, I discovered the lock didn't work again. I called, but it was 8 PM and no maintenance was on site. The door did have a safety bar mechanism, so they told me just to use that as my way to lock the door. I didn't feel uncomfortable doing so, but still, not ideal.
They had all new fitness equipment from LifeFitness delivered the day I checked in. The gym is super small though but good to know they updated equipment.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LJ713
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry about the issue you had with your sliding glass door. Thank you for reporting it and I am sorry that we did not resolve the issue the first time you called it in. You mentioned that there were some other maintenance issues with the room. If you have a chance, please contact me at Adam.Plous@Marriott.com, I would like to hear about the other issues. Once again thank you very much for staying with us and I am glad to hear that our staff was friendly and pleasant.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family of 5 stayed here for one night during a long road trip. If we could have spent all our nights here, I would have. We were able to walk to the train to go downtown and felt safe doing so. The rooms' two floors gave us a little more feeling of separation and space. The breakfast was good, although crowded during our stay. Did not make it to the mall, but it looked nice

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Teri_0951
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel after your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our Penthouse Suite gave you some seperation and space. Thanks again for staying and we hope to see you again sometime soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my first stay at a Residence inn (frequent Fairfield inns, and Hampton Inns). I was very surprised when I drove up to find it was not your typical hotel - it looked more like a town house community with groupings of suites in each building. I was in 1514 in the back on the first floor. It was a little remote - but VERY quiet! I checked in early and spent the day site seeing and visiting my niece. I got back late at night and it seemed a bit dark walking to my room alone from the parking lot to the back of the building, but there was a security guard patrolling the area which was nice. (It seems like a nice area - but you never know!).
The hotel is one block from the light rail station and a couple of blocks to the Galleria mall (Nordstrom, Macy, Dillards). While there is an interstate, between inn and mall it is on an overpass so there are roads and sidewalks underneath so it is walkable if you are so inclined - but I'd recommend a car.
The breakfast was fantastic for a hotel. There were freshly scrambled eggs (not powdered!), canadian turkey bacon, two kinds of potatoes (potato pancakes and fried potatoes made from scratch). The toppings for the eggs included cheese and salsa - typically Marriott style - which I love. There was fresh yogurt with fresh fruit, oatmeal and the waffle machine with assorted toppings to go on the waffles. Strawberry sauce, whipped cream, and a variety of other toppings (chocolate chips?). This was far better than the "typical breakfast" due to the hot selections and all the toppings for everything. It far exceeded my expectations. There were also hard boiled eggs, a variety of pastries, breads, etc., cereal, and fresh fruit. This breakfast could hold you over until dinner. It was delicious. The milk came in cartons and there was 2% and skim. THere were a variety of coffee and tea choices as well. I had to walk past several buildings outside to get to breakfast but it wasn't too hot out for the day and it was nice to stretch my legs. You could drive if you didn't want to walk but it really wasn't far. Lots of business people staying here.
My room had a king bed a nice living room with a fireplace (It was 97 degrees when I visited so I don't know if it works), couch and chair, a desk area and chair and full kitchen. It was spacious. The bathroom area was large until you got into the room with the toilet and tub. There was about a 3 inch clearance between the door and the toilet seat. The distance between the tub and door was about 3ft, 4 inches (Based on tile length guess) and the door was about 3 feet. Strange to have area so tight for an otherwise large room. The sink area outside is huge. Since I spent the night by myself this was not an issue, but struck me as strange. Kitchen was fully furnished.
This was not what I was expecting when I booked (never been to a residence inn before and was expecting one building), but I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. I'd definitely stay here again!
Staff at front desk were friendly and attentive. No problems!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank nancyVa

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an excellent review of our hotel. We are so glad that you loved your stay and we hope to see you again sometime!