“Very Nice - Good Service”

Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I had some business in the Clayton area and this was one of three hotels I had to choose from. After doing some research I decided on staying at the Homewood Suites so I could earn my HHonors points.

The hotel is new and has that "new hotel" smell to it. Rooms are very relaxing and nice. Staff couldn't have been friendlier! Even the cleaning crew engaged in conversation. The nightly reception was great and again, the service was top notch. It is also close to some nice shops and great restraunts!

I would stay here again in a heartbeat-- just stay away from the freeway!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
faye03, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2010

Thank you for such a nice review and I hope again you will find your way back to Homewood Suites. It is our pleasure to always.

Sincerely
Karen Demariano

Reviewed June 10, 2010

I called this hotel at 8 am to ask for an early check-in and was told to call back at 1 in the afternoon (aftercheck-out). Arrived in the city at 8:45 am and went to the Arch with my family. Then went across the street from the hotel to the Galleria mall to waste time. Called the hotel back @ 12:50 with no answer so we proceeded across the street. The frontdesk girl remembered our conversation and said that the occupants had checked out and they were cleaning the room (this is around 1pm). We didn't get into the room until 3pm!!! Who takes 2 hours to clean a room?? The staff including the manager (Karen) told me several times its almost ready. I complained to the manager about unresponsiveness to a customer's needs! Nothing! Nothing false concern! Don't waste your time go somewhere else. Iwaited because we 1. fell asleep in the lobby and 2. the room was pre-paid!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
homewoodstlouis, Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2010

We understand that vacations are important, so we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. We try very hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Reviewed June 2, 2010

My family and I really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are modern and have a very nice, small, kitchen area, which we used the 2 days we stayed there. We did not encounter any of the noise some folks complained about....we requested the mall side and it was very quiet. My ONLY complaint is the bed. It was too hard for me, but that is just me. The bedding, pillows and sheets were all very nice.

I have to give a special shout out to Karen, the guest relations manager. All I will say is that she went above and beyond for myself and my family. SHE HOOKED us up!!! She was so eager to please and make our stay perfect. Thank you so much! All the other staff members were always quick to ask if we were ok and if we needed anything. Loved it.

Should we come back to St. Louis, we will plan on staying here again. The breakfast was stocked very well. We didn't even arrive to eat until almost 10....the cut off time on the weekend and everything was still available. We loved the free Wi-fi in our room, the extra pop corn we asked for and always received and the 2 large flat screen TV's in our 1 bedroom suite.

Over all great place, wonderful staff!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
faye03, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review. I hope we will see you soon .

Karen DeMariano
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed May 13, 2010

My family and stayed here for 3 nights while seeing the sights of St. Louis. Everything about this hotel is great. It's convenient to stay at. It's clean. It has breakfast and supper included which was perfect for us and our two very young children. Most nights we had the swimming pool all to ourselves which my daughter loved. The whole staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The only downside to this hotel is the highway traffic - very loud. So definitely try to get a room on the opposite side of the highway if you can. They offered to move us the second night we were there, but it wasn't worth the hassle of packing up our kids and all the baby gear just for a three night stay. We just tried to tune out the noise, and really it didn't seem to bother our kids.
Also, one night we were too late for the dinner they offered and inquired at the front desk about good pizza places that delivered. They recommended Pointers Pizza and it was great! Overall, this hotel was great, especially for our small family.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I stayed here while visiting my son at Washington University. The hotel is less than ten minutes from the school. The suites are big and comfortable. The breakfast buffet has a great selection. The area of the hotel is safe for a single traveler. Parking is free. There is an abundance of shopping right outside the hotel. The air conditioner is somewhat noisy, though. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Newer hotel I have stayed at several times. All stays were fine without problem. Staff is very helpful. I travel to this area often and this is my hotel when I am there.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2010

This property will exceed all of your expectations!!!! The staff here is the friendliest, most helpful you will find anywhere. They speak to you in the hallways and on elevators and they seem genuinely happy to have you staying here.SPOTLESSLY clean is the only way to describe our room, the lobby......everywhere. Location is convenient to shopping and great restaurants. Front desk recommended fabulous dining places and we have not been disappointed. We have slept great on the crisp white sheets. Towels are fluffy and soft. Food is good and well-stocked little "store" on site.
Staying here when travelling to this area has made our trip twice as nice. Thank you friends at Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Brentwood
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park
Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood

Been to Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria? Share your experiences!