“Great Place to Stay”

Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed here on business, fairly expensive but worth every penny. Room are very big, quiet, good location and clean. The staff was friendly. If I am not mistaken the serve a meal every night which includes drinks.

Only problem I had was with the door of my room not locking, not happy about how the maintenance person handled the situation but this has nothing to do with the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at the Homewood Suites St Louis Galleria over July 4th weekend. 14 of us in total including my family of 5. This place is great in terms of the value and location. The free breakfast is excellent as the kids really love the waffle makers. It was an easy walk to the mall as well as the Metrolink for easy access to the Riverfront/Arch and Busch Stadium. They have a nice but small indoor pool and an incredible workout facility.

The front desk was extremely helpful, and even helped our large group secure a reservation to a popular restaurant in the Hill area that normally would not take reservations, but made an exception for us! Thanks for a great visit and we will return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel staff were friendly, helpful after a long stressful day. I found the suite to be wonderful experience for the price. It had a sight stagnant smell, but once the air condition was on it was resolved. The breakfast was fabulous and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We have taken many weekend trips to St. Louis and this is our “Go To” location and hotel. We have stayed downtown at the Hilton by the ballpark and while it is a very nice hotel, it was not as relaxed as the Homewood and not as inviting. Not to mention, much, much busier.

As you would expect from a Hilton property, beds are great and comfy – rooms are clean and well maintained. This location has a wonderful pool area for relaxing. The location is perfect for visiting the downtown sites, or shopping at the Galleria Mall. We even stay here when going to 6 Flags in Eureka (45-50 minutes away). I would recommend to anyone visiting the area, couples getaway, families, business etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My family recently spent 3 nights here. The suite was large and clean, but the beds and couch were extremely uncomfortable!!! I couldn't stand to sit on the couch to even watch TV. There was road construction on I-170 below our room and we got the privilege of hearing a jack hammer for most of our last night. Breakfast included your ordinary hotel hot breakfast choices. The staff service was excellent. Although location is good, our suite was way overpriced and we will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very nice hotel. Stayed Mon through Thurs so was able to take advantage of the dinner buffet. Simple items but a great touch. The best was they had a small salad bar with fresh items. Perfect after my workout. I had a King Suite and it was facing I -170. Because of the reviews I almost had them change it. But for me, I left the room fan on ON and used the ceiling fan (great touch) and really had no noise issues. Really nice having the separate bedroom, made it feel less of a hotel room to me. Staff was excellent from check in to check out. They even have a nice sitting area in back with Grills if you want take advantage of them. The business center is well equipped, perfect as I needed to print a couple things and only only had to take my thumb drive and plug it into the printer and printed my documents...Once again Hilton does not disappoint!! The Blue Sky bar / restaurant was in walking distance and had a decent dinner there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here when it opened and it was exceptional. We returned this summer (2014) and found the place just a little off the mark from what we expected. The staff was still wonderful but the facility marginal. It was not as clean as the other visits and public areas were just a little untidy. The rooms were nice but they too seemed a little more tired than before. Stains on the wallpaper, nicks throughout, etc. I am sure from high use. I am sitting in the business office now on the computer and looking at this room, it is pretty filthy and this is 9 AM. The floor is strewn with papaer clips and hole punches and the carpet has not been cleaned for ages. The elevators appear the same way. We will change locations the next time we are in St. Louis.

Room Tip: Stay away from corner rooms, floors 1-7, the expressway noise is very loud.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Clayton
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park
Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis

Been to Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria? Share your experiences!