“Friendly staff”

Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Milwaukee, United States
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The friendly staff made my two week stay enjoyable. Everyone was very accommodating and went out of their way to make me comfortable. The breakfast and evening reception food was great and the staff made you feel at home. The pool is small, but nice. The patio area is comfortable and a nice feature. I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Springfield, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Room was very comfortable and clean. Great accommodations. Excellent breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent location across the street from St. Louis Galleria and next to The Boulevard shops and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Jill M
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Normally I would not expect much from this family of Hilton hotels and would not usually seek them out. But the raving on line reviews everywhere caused me to look closer and coupled with its location I took a chance. Believe what you read and if you are driving and want to be near the city, Forest Park and its amazing treasures yet not hassle with in and out parking concerns etc... this is a good spot. If you are headed to a ball game five stars for the ease in which you can access and travel via the Metrolink. Great location, staff, amenities and did I mention there are restaurants a walk away as well as the Galleria too. It is a neighborhood gem that you should not hesitate to book.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank fjplatt
Northern CA
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a family reunion/party that resulted in many of our guests staying at this site. We had over ten rooms for our event. Their planning/event people were jewels and emailed me as the guests reserved rooms.

The positives of this hotel really outweigh other concerns.

1) The staff from the front desk, to maintenance, to food service, to housekeeping, are incredibly friendly with a welcoming smile. Housekeeping was excellent. In fact, a housekeeping manager stopped by on two occasions to ask if everything was alright.

2) There is a breakfast included in the rate. It seems a bit better on the weekends. It is a comfort food type of meal. It is good, basic Midwestern fare. I found it a bit more difficult since I really watch carbohydrates. The weekly evening meal was OK, but not by any means a must have. However, there is a basic salad bar available with the hot items. Again, not good choices if you are not into bread basted or pasta options.

3) The pool, hot tub, and exercise rooms are very nice and not crowded.

I found the two bedded suites to be on the small size, especially the living room area. This would be a very tight fit for a party of six or four adults. There is a longish entry hall that takes up space. I found this interesting since we often stay at a Hampton Suite in Skokie, IL. The Hampton Suite unit have a much bigger living area.

4) Their van will take you and pick you up from sites within three miles. This was a wonderful option. Many of our guests did not rent cars but used this service. The van drivers were prompt, courteous, available and friendly.

There is noise from the very close highway. With the air conditioning on, it masks the noise somewhat. The air conditioner, by the way, is the long type that sits under the window with controls on the wall. The bedroom was not a place for light sleepers. Try for a unit on the other side of the building. I was told that there are no two bedded units on the Galleria or quiet side of the site. There is a nice outside area, but be aware that it is right by the highway.

I was checked in by a person in training. It took three attempts with me returning to the front desk to finally get the correct key to open the door. A mistake had been made when the room number was entered on my folio.

I needed a site that was close to where I was hosting a party and this site worked. I knew from the reviews on Tripadvisor about the issues. Therefore, I was aware of noise issues.

Room Tip: Make certain that you choose a quieter room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hotel lobby was great, well decorated and clean. Check in was slow, manager standing just watching one desk clerk check the entire line in. I would expect the manager to assist versus have the customers wait while he watched. Room was average, large Hampton Inn style room with kitchenette. Overall I would not select this property again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank msknbrink
Nixa, Missouri
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Needed to headed up to St. Louis for an evening to puck up a friend from out of town. Requested a suite so they could have their own space. We are Hilton Honors members and typically on the computer it requests that we just be away from the elevator or any obvious noise. We were placed in Room 317. The room is approximately 20 yards from a four lane expressway with an overpass outside the window. We got no sleep whatsoever. We didn't have time to request a new room when we got there and checked in hoping the windows would block the noise and at night there would be less traffic. Nope. Out of luck. There are no worse rooms to get. Stay on the OTHER side of the hotel. Or higher than the 3rd floor. Much higher. Awful. The hotel didn't seem at capacity at all from what we could see at breakfast and there are 150 suites in this particular hotel. The room rate was 169.00 but after taxes ect...it's ended up being over $200 for no sleep and traffic all night long.
It was clean, well managed, good food, just placed us in a very bad room.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Cwileymom
Colleen S, Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the guest suites.We apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Ashburn, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

One night or 50 this hotel is the best. The entire experience has been wonderful. I typically stay with another major hotel system but will only stay at the Galleria Homewood when I am in St. Louis. The associates are oriented to customer service, the breakfast and manager's reception are the best I have experienced in 10 years of frequent travel, I did not want to leave.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Elizabeth J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Heights
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park

Been to Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria? Share your experiences!