I picked this hotel for a family weekend getaway after a wonderful experience I had at another Homewood Suites. Once again, I was not disappointed. The property is immaculate and has all the amenities. The suites are spacious, well-appointed and clean. My kids loved the indoor swimming pool and hot tub, though I was surprised to find that the pool was not heated (or at least not that you could tell.) My wife loved the luxuriously soft beds. I was very pleased with the showerhead water pressure and constant high temperature. The free Wi-Fi was quick and worked with no hassles. The free breakfast and dinner was first rate and rivaled that of many paid restaurants you might visit. The hotel is very conveniently located right across the street from the St Louis Galleria and a myriad of restaurants. All kinds of activities such as the Zoo, several museums, Busch Stadium, the Arch and more are all less than 10 minutes away. The hotel also provides a free shuttle to anywhere within a few miles. Parking was plentiful with a free large lot and parking garage (also free) adjacent.
Unfortunately, I must confirm what the other reviews have stated in that the hotel’s location right next to the interstate makes it less than ideal when it comes to road noise. In fact, it could be a deal breaker if you are the type of person who needs absolute silence when they sleep. We had a corner suite facing the interstate and you could always hear the constant dull roar of traffic in the background. Occasionally, when a big truck came by, it would sound like the rumble of thunder. We live near an expressway so we barely noticed it, but a sensitive person might have a very negative experience if unprepared. I’d definitely request a room on the Galleria side of the building if you think you might have an issue with it.
Finally, I’d like to point out how stellar the staff was. Every member we encountered was all smiles and genuinely seemed to care about the quality of our experience. They literally saved our trip from ruin. After we had checked out, we loaded up the van and set off to have one more day of fun before heading back home. I got a call on my cell about 5 minutes after we left the parking lot. I didn’t recognize the number so I ignored it. Fast forward two hours and the baby needs a diaper change. The diaper bag was nowhere to be found. That bag also happened to contain two iPads and various other important and valuable items. I frantically called the hotel and the lady at the front desk assured me that they had the bag safe and sound. Staff members had noticed us drive off with the bag still sitting on the ground next to the van waiting to be loaded. They retrieved it and immediately tried to contact me. (That was the cell phone call I had ignored earlier.) We went back to the hotel and the manager retrieved the bag from her locked office. Everything was there safe and sound. I profusely thanked them for saving the day…and the trip!
So in the end, Homewood Suites St. Louis Galleria is a fantastic property with an excellent central location and impeccable staff. As long as you have considered your road noise tolerance level, I can’t imagine not having a wonderful experience staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A home away from home for business, shopping and exploring St. Louis Centrally located with easy access to Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL) and downtown St. Louis, the Homewood Suites by Hilton® St. Louis – Galleria hotel puts you in a great place to make the most of your stay. In the heart of Clayton’s business district you can make this all-suite hotel your home for a few days or a few months. With the St. Louis Galleria Shopping Center only yards away you can shop as much as you’d like. Keep active on the road with a workout in the 1,400 sq. ft. fitness center, have a swim in the indoor pool or soak in the whirlpool. Complimentary Wi-Fi lets you surf the web or get some work done from the comfort of your spacious Richmond Heights hotel suite. Start every day off in style with a full hot breakfast. Take the hassle out of the end of the day when you come home to our complimentary evening social*, available every evening Monday through Thursday. This St. Louis extended stay hotel’s meeting room is the perfect venue for your intimate St. Louis meeting or celebration. *Local and state laws apply ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria Hotel Richmond Heights
- Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria Saint Louis, MO - Richmond Heights