“Another Great Homewood Suites Stay…Fantastic Staff Saved Our Trip!”

Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Another Great Homewood Suites Stay…Fantastic Staff Saved Our Trip!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I picked this hotel for a family weekend getaway after a wonderful experience I had at another Homewood Suites. Once again, I was not disappointed. The property is immaculate and has all the amenities. The suites are spacious, well-appointed and clean. My kids loved the indoor swimming pool and hot tub, though I was surprised to find that the pool was not heated (or at least not that you could tell.) My wife loved the luxuriously soft beds. I was very pleased with the showerhead water pressure and constant high temperature. The free Wi-Fi was quick and worked with no hassles. The free breakfast and dinner was first rate and rivaled that of many paid restaurants you might visit. The hotel is very conveniently located right across the street from the St Louis Galleria and a myriad of restaurants. All kinds of activities such as the Zoo, several museums, Busch Stadium, the Arch and more are all less than 10 minutes away. The hotel also provides a free shuttle to anywhere within a few miles. Parking was plentiful with a free large lot and parking garage (also free) adjacent.

Unfortunately, I must confirm what the other reviews have stated in that the hotel’s location right next to the interstate makes it less than ideal when it comes to road noise. In fact, it could be a deal breaker if you are the type of person who needs absolute silence when they sleep. We had a corner suite facing the interstate and you could always hear the constant dull roar of traffic in the background. Occasionally, when a big truck came by, it would sound like the rumble of thunder. We live near an expressway so we barely noticed it, but a sensitive person might have a very negative experience if unprepared. I’d definitely request a room on the Galleria side of the building if you think you might have an issue with it.

Finally, I’d like to point out how stellar the staff was. Every member we encountered was all smiles and genuinely seemed to care about the quality of our experience. They literally saved our trip from ruin. After we had checked out, we loaded up the van and set off to have one more day of fun before heading back home. I got a call on my cell about 5 minutes after we left the parking lot. I didn’t recognize the number so I ignored it. Fast forward two hours and the baby needs a diaper change. The diaper bag was nowhere to be found. That bag also happened to contain two iPads and various other important and valuable items. I frantically called the hotel and the lady at the front desk assured me that they had the bag safe and sound. Staff members had noticed us drive off with the bag still sitting on the ground next to the van waiting to be loaded. They retrieved it and immediately tried to contact me. (That was the cell phone call I had ignored earlier.) We went back to the hotel and the manager retrieved the bag from her locked office. Everything was there safe and sound. I profusely thanked them for saving the day…and the trip!

So in the end, Homewood Suites St. Louis Galleria is a fantastic property with an excellent central location and impeccable staff. As long as you have considered your road noise tolerance level, I can’t imagine not having a wonderful experience staying here.

Room Tip: For less interstate road noise, request a room on the Galleria side of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank infinity-x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Ft. Worth, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

1. Very clean 2. Extremely concientious staff 3. Excellent variety at complimentary breakfast. Starts earlier than then posted 0600 time which is good for an early commute. 4. Good variety at teh manager's reception to include fresh salad fixings, a meat entree, hot vegetable, and drinks (beer, wine, juice, coffee) 5. Issue: the interstate-side rooms are quite noisy with traffic

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Warrensburg, Missouri
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were getting away to St. Louis for a weekend to see a concert at Powell Hall. I usually rely on Priceline for hotels, but this was a Cards/Cubs series weekend, so I couldn't get anything on their site. Since we stayed at a Homewood Suites in Omaha and enjoyed it very much. I booked directly on their site for a little under $100 for a king suite.

This hotel is located in the middle of an extremely busy area. Though traffic can often be a bit crazy on Brentwood Blvd, it wasn't terrible this weekend. This property is located near an unbelievable number of shopping and dining options. It is a stone's throw from the St. Louis Galleria, a CVS Pharmacy, an IHOP and many others.

Our room itself was on the 9th floor, facing west (toward the galleria.) As others have mentioned, this is the way to go, since I-170 passes right behind the east side of the property. The room itself was nearly identical to the one we stayed at in Omaha. It includes a small kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, 2 burner stove, small table, dishwasher and standard flatware and dishes. The living room area consists of a couch, coffee table, and dresser with a Philips flat panel TV. The king bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was a standard shower/tub and the included sundries were fine. The in-room air conditioner was a bit loud for my tastes, but it did not disturb my sleep.

At this property, we did not try to the complimentary breakfast, but at our previous stay in Omaha, it was quite good with a number of very good choices.

While I'm usually a Priceline guy, this particular stay didn't give me that option. I didn't mind paying full price for this property and especially do not mind when traveling with my children. When it comes to family trips, we're now pretty much exclusive to Homewood Suites and Drury, but the Homewood costs considerably less than the Drury. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Get a room on the Galleria side, if possible. If you have to be on the west side, get the highest fl...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jprydemo
Jackson, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was overall a good stay. Breakfast was really good, and not exactly the same every day- nice for a longer stay. The indoor pool was too cold to use during the days we were there. Another family said it had been fine earlier in the week, so hopefully it isn't a common thing, but it was disappointing. Our main problem was that housekeeping didn't get to our room to make it up most days that we were there- not real cool when you have diapers in the trash. Even though we were on vacay, we were out of the room by 9AM and didn't come back until after 2PM each day, but they still didn't get our room made up or the trash out. The thing that really chapped me, though, is that they KNOCKED ON THE DOOR DURING NAP TIME even though the 'do not disturb' sign was on the doorknob. Seriously!?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Have stayed in the many of the Hilton brands, but not a Homewood suites before. This location was easy to find with our cell phone navigation software and is close to a large shopping mall. There is also a light rail station within walking distance.

We were greeted promptly upon arrival by J.R. at the front desk. Everything set up and room was ready. Check-in was fast and efficient. They do offer fresh baked cookies under a glass dome at the check-in desk. Companion managed to sneak three before I rolled my eyes, so I am guessing they were warm and tasty.

The room was clean and neat. There is a small kitchenette (frig, microwave, coffee maker) in the small rooms. The web site shows full kitchens in the larger suites, but we booked the small, cheaper room as we were in town for only one night. Standard Hilton bed and pillows, very comfortable. Bathroom was shower only but we did not mind. If you prefer a tub, I am betting you can get one if you ask. Plenty of linens, which was nice. The room smelled fresh and had a ceiling fan, which spun ever so gently through the night as the heat ran and hit the blades.

Free breakfast included for all and free Wi-Fi and wired internet for Hilton members. They supposedly have a free dinner/cocktail hour for guests Monday through Thursday. The pool area was nice, as was the exercise room. Did not check out the business center for this trip. J.R. at the front desk did follow up after check-in to make sure he had our information correct (and we could therefore use the internet as promised). A nice touch.

The hotel has a free shuttle which runs until 11:00 pm within a 4 mile radius of the hotel. This turned out to be handy, as the weather was cooler than forecast and we ended up not walking to our destinations for fun out. Ryan, the shuttle driver, was very professional and gave the right amount of small talk as we wound our way through rush hour traffic. He also picked us up without problem later that evening and rushed us back to the hotel. An excellent perk for this trip.

Breakfast was the standard buffet food, and the dining/serving area was clean and well presented. Companion was impressed by the healthy options, such as major brand yogurts, large halved grapefruit, and the variety of whole-grain cereals. I stuck with the standard eggs, sausage and potatoes, and it was fine too.

Overall, a good trip and a very good first experience. We have marked this one on our list to use again when in St. Louis.

I try real hard to NOT say only good things about our hotels, as I find those reviews fishy and biased. So in fairness, here is what could be different or better. The TV remote batteries were dead. We were not there to stay in the room and watch television, but it was a minor annoyance on check out morning when trying to check the local news and weather. Also, the desk had a sticky spot right on the edge to the right. It took us a while to figure out why, and then it dawned on us the spot is caused by everyone doing the same thing - you arrive, unpack your laptop, open it up and use your mouse - in that spot. So hundreds of wrists resting right there eventually leaves some grime and human oils, which is gross sounding but not a problem if you just take a wash cloth and fold it over the edge. I am not sure this can be fixed without replacing the desk, so did not mention it to the front desk. We laughed about it once we figured the mystery out, but it was annoying none the less.

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms face the highway - pick an even numbered room to look out on the shopping mal...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, very clean, and convenient location to many of the area attractions. It is right across from the galleria shopping area. They offer complimentary breakfast that is actually quite good and even offer complimentary dinner if you are there on a weeknight. The room was very nice and spacious. They do have a small indoor pool and a small whirlpool. This would be nice for an extended stay because of the full mini-kitchen in the room. There is an IHOP right across the street if you get a desire for some breakfast at an hour of the day. We were here with family so location was important. You are minutes away from the Arch, the City Museum (GO THERE!), and the zoo. Nice!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We enjoyed our time and people were very friendly and courteous. We also got help from a nice lady that worked there when it came to how to get to ScottTrade Center by bus. She was a big help and willing to take the time out of her day to make sure we got there okay the next day.

• Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Heights
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park

Been to Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria? Share your experiences!