“Perfect stay in St. Louis”

Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Long Grove, Illinois
“Perfect stay in St. Louis”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

In the past, when I've used my hilton points, I have found that I have received the worst room in the hotel. Not this trip!! The front desk staff was excellent and we were given an amazing room on the top floor. I found out that all of the 2 queen suites face the highway but it did not bother us at all. Our room was quiet and we all slept well. The room was exceptionally clean and well taken care of with many upgraded amenities. This hotel had the best service I have ever seen in the breakfast area with more than one attendant clearing guests plates and being very friendly to all the guests. It made our day begin on a very high note. I will for sure stay here again as it was so convenient to shopping, Wash U, Forest Park (the zoo and museums), Clayton, the Hill, etc.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper than you may want to have a room that faces away from the highway. It di...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Booked a room at this hotel, because all of the downtown hotels were sold out. We requested the top floor, because we don't like to hear people bounding across the floor all night. I requested this when booking. At check in, we were told at the front desk, that the highest floor available was 4th. We weren't happy, but whatever. My husband went to the car, to retrieve the rest of our luggage. In walks another couple, who are then given room 505...wait a minute! Didn't you just tell me, that there were no rooms available on the higher floors? We get to the room, only to find out its facing 170, the interstate! The noise from the road was not terrible, until it was quiet, and we were trying to fall asleep! Needless to say, we did not get any sleep! And we are Hilton Diamond Club Members! What Hilton puts their Diamond Club Members, in a room next to the highway? The room also had an odd smell to it....would not recommend...stay downtown STL at the Embassy Suites! They know Good Customer Service...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
homewoodstlouis, Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us.

I cannot see what type of a room you had reserved, but 505 is a standard (non-suite) room, so that may have been why that next guest was up one floor higher.

I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Thank you again for sharing.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I decided to take an impromptu trip for our anniversary. The staff was super nice, the room was very clean and spacious. The breakfast buffet was delicious both mornings. If we're ever in St. Louis again we will definitely stay here! Thanks so much, we had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: This hotel is located in the suburbs so there aren't greats views. It is within walking distance...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family had a very nice three night stay at the Homewood Suites Galleria June 27-30, 2013. We stayed in a corner suite and the room had nice modern decor. It was clean and comfortable. The only thing that kept the rating from being excellent was a slight mildew smell in the bathroom that I believe was coming from the shower curtain.
I will also speak of the noise from the highway. The hotel is next to a highway and we could hear the noise of cars driving but the noise did not bother us at all. Unless you are an extremely light sleeper who is used to complete silence you will be fine. If you are, request a room not facing the highway.
We ate breakfast at the hotel one morning and it was just okay, but there is an IHOP directly across the street that we walked to a couple of times.
This hotel is in a great location if you like to shop! I am not a serious shopper but I know a few. Every store that I list is within walking distance of the hotel. First the St. Louis Galleria mall is across the street. The mall is huge! It has three levels and is anchored by Macy's, Dillards, and Nordstrom. Check the mall website for the long list of stores in the directory. Crate & Barrel and Linens n' Things are two storefronts that are within walking distance from the hotel. A few restaurants withing walking distance are IHOP, Cheesecake Factory, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Maggianos, and P.F. Changs. I highly recommend this hotel if you are planning a trip to St. Louis!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had a great two night stay in the Homewood Suites Galleria. We had two families with two kids each stay at the hotel and no one was disappointed! Great breakfast setup - evening reception during the weekdays - pool with the kids - nicest Fitness Center I've seen in a Homewood - across the street from the mall - and close to the light rail. Highly recommended!

Chattanooga, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Wonderful hotel with great location and very helpful staff. Will definitely try to stay here on our next family visit to St. Louis. Was helping family move to new home in Clayton area and this location was perfect for access to I 64 and to shopping at the St. Louis Galleria.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Jackson, MS, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The staff was helpful and accommodating to my every need. The hotel was very clean and everyone was friendly . Staff inquired about your satisfaction. I plan on staying there again on my next visit to St. Louis

1 Thank Tracy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Heights
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park

Been to Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria? Share your experiences!