Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria(Richmond Heights)
$159
$129
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$100
$150
Hotels.com
$133
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmall kitchenfull kitchenwhole foodsliving roomst louisfree shuttlefitness centerhome away from homeking suitewashington universityconvenient locationeasy accessindoor poolgallerycvszooclayton
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Walking into the room, you're immediately impressed by how new and fairly contemporary things feel. The suites have a very nice amount of space, and due to the height of the hotel, we had a great view from our 10th floor room. We very much enjoyed the water and cookies at the front desk, and the fitness center is one of the better ones (if not the best) you're going to see at a hotel in this class...mostly due to the fact that they have an extensive amount of weight training equipment (the hotel has a personal trainer on site who from articles in the fitness center appears to have been a former bodybuilder). The breakfast perhaps wasn't quite as extensive as I have seen from Homewood Suites, but I believe their wafflemaker was out of service, so that would have probably made it seem more so. One point of interest perhaps is that the room didn't have an oven. We would have made use of it, and I would think this could be an issue for an individual who might consider staying here for an extended period of time. That said, Homewood Suites hotels obviously offer the Mon-Thurs complimentary evening meal, so perhaps it wouldn't be an extraordinary issue.

That contributes somewhat to my 4 out of 5 rating, but the real reason is that the service and friendliness was somewhat inconsistent. My reservation experience was somewhat complicated, as I thought that I had a consistent rate when I was booking online, but the rate in fact was jumping up twice after the first night. When I called to talk to the hotel to see if this made sense, they seemed to suggest that I could book only the first night and then talk to the manager when I was at the hotel and they would probably be able to work with me on the second night. The idea of not knowing what I was going to get (or if I would have a room wasn't super appealing to me), so I talked to someone from Hilton Honors reservations, and they found me a closer rate for the 2nd night (and then we just moved for the 3rd). I appreciated the fact that the person from the hotel tried to help me somewhat, but it was interesting that her hands were tied in the way that they were, and she wasn't able to solve the problem at that time.

Additionally, the individual who checked us in was initially a little on the cold side. She also had suggested that they might not have a pack and play or crib available after we had called and been told that for sure one or the other would be available. I was patient with the situation and she warmed up to us though, and the other staff at the hotel were really quite excellent. Again, I think mainly the somewhat inconsistent service (especially considering that we are Hilton Honors Gold) just brought this location down from a 5 to a 4 for me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Didn't know where the best location would be in St. Louis, but the Homewood Suites at Galleria was very convenient. Nice shopping and restaurants nearby, easy to get downtown, Forest Park, etc. Rooms and amenities are excellent as well!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here with different girlfriends. All have wanted to return. The convenience to many great shopping areas, Galleria, as well as free standing shopping plazas. Walking distance to PF Changs, Maggiannos and several others. Room has kitchen set up for all of our drinks and snacks. Convenient parking. Happy hotel staff with good suggestions on obtaining a desired room. To be sure, I will be returning with more girlfriends to spread the word.

Room Tip: Ask early on if you may have a Galleria view from your room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Comfortable, could have been a great stay if they would have been more attentive to my Hilton Honors and reservation profile. I had specifically requested foam pillows for my stay as I'm allergic to feather pillows and get very sick. I think it's ludicrist that the hotel chains are charging excess for the "allergy free" rooms to accomodate their guests that need feather free products. I didn't need my room sterilized, just a different pillow, so I selected that option and also notated it in the additional information section. I actually had to camp out in front of Target for them to open to get meds, I got so sick from the pillows, missing the last day of my conference.
When checking in, not only was I not greeted as a Hilton Honors guest, but I was not given my preferences for a high floor, away from an elevator room, foam pillows, nor double beds. (nothing like sleeping with my mother..thank god they were king beds and with the amount of pillows on the bed they did have, we tossed them down the middle!).
It was nice to finally find a hotel with free internet (a rarity these days, it seems!), the room was clean and nice. Even though it was right next to the elevator, for a change you couldn't hear the elevator, so kudos to the hotel for actually having insulation. Our hotel was jam packed with kids and you couldn't hear them running down the hall, which was also a plus.
It was a weekend, so we missed the dinner option, but the free breakfast was a treat. I'm a vegetarian and there were plenty of options for me as well as my meat eating mother. The staff working breakfast were fabulous and highly attentive.
If it weren't for the lack of attention from the reservations/desk staff, I'd give the hotel 5 stars!

Note: My conference was at Wash U and it was highly accessible! Less than a 10 minute drive. Having the mall across the street was fabulous! Whole Foods, Target, Trader Joes are a few blocks down the road, as well as restaurants like Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, PF Changs, etc. If I ever had to go to the St. Louis area again, I would definately stay at this property again! We stayed at the Marriott downtown last year and I wish we would have stayed here instead!

Room Tip: You may want to choose the side towards the mall. The highway was a bit noisy at times. Typically I request a room away from the elevator, but I was placed directly next to the elevator and could not hear it, nor the ice machine next to the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip. The studio suite that I stayed in was large and comfortable. I slept VERY good. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable. The suite also included a desk, couch, and kitchen. The kitchen had a full size fridge, stove, microwave, etc. The fitness center here is also pretty large for a hotel of this size It has treadmills, elliptical & a bike. There are restaurants in walking distance and the Galleria mall across the street. The staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Studio does not separate the bedroom but is a large room. The 1 bedroom separates the bedroom with a door from the living room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business