We stayed here from December 23-28 while visiting family. We'll definitely stay here again. The idea of being in a hotel on Christmas didn't appeal to me, but Homewood Suites made it all okay. Our one-bedroom suite was very roomy, with a full kitchen that had everything we needed. The king-sized bed was comfortable, and the bathroom and vanity areas were large. Our room was on the 9th floor overlooking the Galleria, so we watched the crazy last-minute shoppers looking for parking spaces. We did bring an Aerobed in case the sofa bed was uncomfortable, and we were glad we did.
Every morning, the breakfast room was full of people doing just what we were doing, so it was actually very cheerful to be there for the holiday. Breakfast was Hilton-style fare, which we're used to, and we like it fine (we usually just have cereal, fruit, and yogurt). We even ran into someone from our hometown!
The staff was superb--friendly greeting, a nice conversation about where we were from, and great service throughout our stay. Sometimes our schedule conflicted with the housekeeping staff's, but we worked around that. The gym doubles as a membership gym for locals, so the equipment was in great shape and the amenities (headphones) were nice. Our grandson swam in the pool. If you want to stock the kitchen, you'll find Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Dierberg's nearby.
Minor recommendations: It would be nice to have a chair and a reading light in the bedroom as well as the living room. The sofa beds should be better quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A home away from home for business, shopping and exploring St. Louis Centrally located with easy access to Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL) and downtown St. Louis, the Homewood Suites by Hilton® St. Louis – Galleria hotel puts you in a great place to make the most of your stay. In the heart of Clayton’s business district you can make this all-suite hotel your home for a few days or a few months. With the St. Louis Galleria Shopping Center only yards away you can shop as much as you’d like. Keep active on the road with a workout in the 1,400 sq. ft. fitness center, have a swim in the indoor pool or soak in the whirlpool. Complimentary Wi-Fi lets you surf the web or get some work done from the comfort of your spacious Richmond Heights hotel suite. Start every day off in style with a full hot breakfast. Take the hassle out of the end of the day when you come home to our complimentary evening social*, available every evening Monday through Thursday. This St. Louis extended stay hotel’s meeting room is the perfect venue for your intimate St. Louis meeting or celebration. *Local and state laws apply ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria Hotel Richmond Heights
- Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria Saint Louis, MO - Richmond Heights