“Location, location, location”

Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Reviewed January 2, 2012

After reading the other reviews, I made my reservation a month in advance and requested a room not facing the highway. Sadly, the "only" rooms of my type (1 bedroom with 2 queen beds) overlook the highway. The nice lady at check in recommended closing the curtains and turning on the fan on the heating unit, but still there was the lull of the highway.
My suggestions would also include-1. Eating until you are stuffed and sleepy at the dinner provided M-Thursday. 2. Drinking until you can not hear the noise (with the free wine and beer provided at the dinner) or 3. Working out in the AWESOME fitness room until you are too pooped to move. (It has treadmills, elipticals, ex. bikes, circuits, free weights, etc....)
Location aside, this is an awesome hotel. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, the housekeeping is attentive, and the meals are great and free. They had the biggest workout center I have ever seen in a hotel.

Room Tip: Try 2 king suites that adjoin instead of the 2 queen 1 bedroom units and ask what the room faces.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 2, 2012

The Homewood Suites St. Louis Galleria is located right off the highway next to the galleria mall. The area can get quite busy, but access to the important areas is easy. Overall, I enjoyed the hotel and will plan for it to be regular hotel when visiting that part of St. Louis.

PROS:
-Full studio suites with popcorn
-Honors HHonors preferences
-Free breakfast and manager's reception dinner at night
-Good Service and attentive employees
-Good area of town- lots to do within walking distance for out-of-towners!

CONS:
-Manager's reception and breakfast quality are lower than other Homewood Suites. I understand these free receptions are typically hit-or-miss, but this hotel seems to 'miss' a lot more often than other Homewood Suites
-Right next to the highway/train can be convenient, but it's also pretty noisy.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed here many times within the last 24 months for business close by the hotel. They will shuttle you to and from nearby businesses in Clayton, to the mall, and to other restaurants nearby. Standard hot/cold breakfast items, but all good. Evening free dinner and beer/wine. Dinner is good in a pinch if you need to work or want to save money, but nothing too fancy. Staff is helpful and nice with any needs or requests. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms NOT on the highway (those facing the mall) are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The hotel is located IMMEDIATELY near a busy highway and a Metrolink station. I expected lots of noise, lights, and other nightmares that would prevent me from sleeping well. To my surprise, I found no distractions and had 2 great nights of sleep. They did a great job of sound-proofing the building and provide excellent window coverings to keep out light. The hotel is located next door to the Galleria, one of the largest malls in St. Louis. You also have quick access to 2 interstates and major roads to get you around the city very quickly. The complementary breakfast was excellent, along with the service for the meal. Yeah, they even cleared our tables for us when we finished! The other staff members were very friendly. We had a great stay.

Room Tip: The rooms are suites with 1 or 2 beds in a separate bedroom and a pull-out couch in the living room...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We stayed here with a wedding party and were very impressed. We were in a mini-suite with a small refrigerator, microwave and sink. The bed was extremely comfortable and we enjoyed sleeping late with the great black-out drapes. There were fresh, hot cookies at the reception desk when we checked in. Everyone who worked for the hotel was not only friendly but went out of their way to greet us and make sure we were enjoying our stay. There was a hot breakfast that was better than most hotel breakfasts. Apparently, they also have an evening meal M-T. There was free Internet and free parking. For those not traveling with a laptop, there were several computers for guest use. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank morrishj
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I was staying in St. Louis for one night on business and this was near the location I would be working and the price was great. Check-in wasn't until 3 PM but I had arrived and picked up my rental car so I stopped by around 11:30 AM to see if a room was available. Unfortunately it was not but the woman at the front desk offered to hold my bags, gave me a business card with a phone number to call to check on the room status so I wouldn't have to come back, and recommended a nearby place to grab lunch. Later they gave me the instructions for logging onto their free WiFi and arranged for a taxi for dinner that evening.

The room itself was fine, nice and clean, and I was on the freeway side but didn't notice the noise. I live in Chicago though, so people used to silence at night would probably be bothered by it. The only odd thing I noticed was the television. I was in a king studio, not a suite since I was travelling alone and the room was still quite large. However, at one end of the room was the bed, then the other end had the loveseat so they were facing each other. In between was the flat screen TV which faced neither. So both the bed and the loveseat were facing the side of the television, making it unviewable. I just thought that was sort of an odd setup since I like to watch something before bed as it helps me to fall asleep in unfamiliar locations.

The only real issue I had was when housekeeping knocked on my door at 8:40 AM the morning I was to leave. I know they have a ton of rooms to clean and the late checkout time of noon must make it difficult to get everything turned around quickly, but that early in the morning if a guest hasn't checked out yet it's probably because they're still in the room. I'm assuming it was a communication issue between the office and housekeeping but if you're going to have your staff knocking on doors that early you need to be sure that no guests are in there. Other than that everyone was pleasant and the room was very clean.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ChiTown907
Reviewed December 2, 2011

It's a great location for fine dining, casual dining, great shopping and even a Catholic church a half mile away. Friendly and helpful staff will make your visit to the St. Louis area one worth repeating!

Room Tip: The suites are designed for a quiet private time.......No noise even from the North side of the buil...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
#2 of 2 in Richmond Heights

Been to Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria? Share your experiences!