“HORRIBLE!!!!”

Mountain Country Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Reeds Spring B&B and Inns
“HORRIBLE!!!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel over 4th of July weekend....Honestly it was the worst place I have ever stayed and I have been traveling yearly to branson and have stayed a number of different places!! My family and I have never experienced the god awful customer service in our life's that we did at this hotel!! We were kicked out of this hotel for "supposedly" smoking in our room, which by the way never happened cause we had a young child with us and as well the rooms were no smoking!! Our privacy was invaded and when we went to go get our belongings after the owner had called and told me that we had been smoking in our rooms and I tried to explain to him that that was not the case he didn't care to hear anything, he told us to come get our stuff or they would throw it out!! When arriving they were rude, we went into the hotel room to get our things and closed the door to have privacy to put away our personal undergarments and such and he unlocked the door and barged in, and started yelling at us!!! And yes I chose to yell back because I'm not going to allow someone to treat me or my family that way!! So disrespectful, and horrifically rude and inconciderate!! Just want to for warn future guests!!! My suggestion is really do ur research before u stay somewhere!! Oh and how family trip was ruined by of all of this!!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Terry M, Owner at Mountain Country Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
As you can see by our other reviews, we value our customers, and treat them with the utmost respect. There was a problem with "HORRIBLE", but not on our part. The mother rented the room for her daughter. The daughter or her guests that came every day did smoke in our room .The daughter refused service for 3 days, and would just hand the housekeeper her towels by opening the door barely enough to get the towels through. On the 4th day the housekeeper opened the door to do the room and the room reeked of smoke. She came and got management to look at the room. There were ashes everywhere in the room. We called her and told her she had to leave our establishment, to come and move herself and her belongings. She arrived with her 2 friends and said they could not smell smoke and gave us a hard time. When we told them we were going to call the Sheriff department, they got their stuff and left, but not before calling the owner all the bad names possible. We have witnesses to all of this.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lebanon, Missouri
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Amazing people and service. Thank you for making my mothers day fishing weekend perfect. Clean and easy access. Bed was soooooo comfortable. Great.couple who run it. Was severely burnt and they even offered me lotion for my burn. Will never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2014
St. Louis
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Exceptionally clean, awesome owners! We love staying here!! Fun bar across the street - Gators. Highly recommend! Close to the lake, you can't beat the price but its SO CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice pool easy to get to, old school keys which I love!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pattistl1
Minden, Iowa
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very nice clean motel. Has little fridge in each room which is handy for longer stays. We have stayed there the past two years while we boat at Table Rock Lake and we think it is a wonderful motel. We plan on returning next summer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Let me start by saying; I'm very picky and i expect alot when i stay at a hotel. My experience was GREAT!!!!! Management was personable, kind and over the top in being respectful. My room with the king size bed was clean, very clean. I am not a smoker so i am grateful that they do not allow smoking in the rooms. They have signs in alot of places that say if you are caught smoking in your room,there will be an additional charge to your credit card. That is what i call good management. I will absolutely go back to this Hotel because i know they do not allow smoking and the entire room was clean!!!!! Thank You Mountain Country Motor Inn for a great experience with my room so i could totally enjoy my time there.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot and Highway 13 and it was very quiet.