“Must be finger food/2nd chance” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Waitstaff
Dining options: Waitstaff
Raytown, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must be finger food/2nd chance”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Last visited about 6mo ago fair service fair food.This time we thought 2nd chance.No waiting to be seated that was good(tuesday)took our order promptly our drinks came then someone other than our waitress brought our appetizers,onion rings,we had no napkins or waitress,requested napkins from another waitress so now we were able to eat our appetizers and wipe our fingers.appetizer was very good.seemed like a long wait for the main course but it came very hot and looked pretty good.Wait!!!!!! No silver ware no waitress,food is getting cold,there she goes maybe it's finger food,my wife did have ribs,but I have steak!!!requested table ware,now we can eat.Food was pretty good can't say that about the service.No dessert was offered,bill came promptly.the tip was pretty small,manager did swing by a couple times,wrong times.Never did get the waitress name.To bad that there are not more restaurants in Raytown to choose from then we wouldn't have to give second chances to places that give bad service.The customer is the life of a restaurant,we can eat at home and probably will.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Billy H

Kansas City, Kansas
“I was hoping for better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

I would like to think that after you cook the same stuff on your menu 500 times you would get it right but I guess not at this location... the service was slow and rude we almost didnt order and just get the heck out of there but no one in our party wanted to drive anywhere else we were hungry .My onion strings may have well been soaked in greese they were nasty and the burger I had was raw in the middle ..... we will at no time ever go back to that location out of 5 people 2 got their stuff right .... not good odds

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mystic, CT
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

IN KC w/ a colleague ancd he does not like to stray too far from American cuisine so we went to our neighborhood favorite, Applebee's.

Bad move...wha I didn't realize about KC is that you can actually smoke in designated parts of restaurants. We wanted to watch baseball/football so it was the smokey bar only or tables that were not ina direct view of the small TV's in the main section of the restaurant.

We waited 40 minutes for our food as the staff laughed together, had fun and paid little attention to the customers. It was somewhat bizarre but it seemd as if the staff felt we were encroaching a few times on their fun time at work. I am very happy that work is a fun place but I don't really care about your social life, your music, your friend issues etc. and we heard it all.

The waitress was actually very nice but seemed embarassed that the food took so long. All we had was the fajitas and I has the fried chicken salad. Both OK at best but nothing like I have had in other Applebee's.

Would not go back..

1 Thank MysticKid

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!