“When in Potosi...”
Review of Super 8 Potosi

Super 8 Potosi
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Potosi
Reviewed March 29, 2013

What can I tell you? This is not the French Riviera...
We spent a couple of nights here on a rockhounding trip. We ended up in a smoking room (I think) because we had a large dog with us. The smell of cigarettes was like a punch ion the face when I opened the door. Our luggage smelled for a year afterward.
Anyway, the price was right, the people nice enough, a fair number of conveniences nearby (Gas, grocery, restaurants, etc.)
If you have to stay in Potosi, it will have to do.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Donna D, General Manager at Super 8 Potosi, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We are very sorry for your unpleasant experience, We realize how badly the smoking can smell, we are experimenting with different products to help in that area! Hopefully you will give us a chance to make it up to you! Donna Valle, GM

Reviewed March 12, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Donna D, General Manager at Super 8 Potosi, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Reviewed February 27, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael C
Donna D, General Manager at Super 8 Potosi, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Reviewed February 27, 2013

One word for this hotel: dirty.

Since I spend as much time in hotels as I do my own bed I can tolerate a lot. However this hotel had all the things that I can't handle. I only stayed one night and there was nothing else available so I put up with the room for the night. I wouldn't suggest you do the same....

*Dirty hotel room floor: hair, and various other things all over the floors meant I never took off my shoes.
*Dirty sheets and bed spreads: hair all over, stains on the bed spread. Clearly they don't wash the bed spread and blankets very often.
*Furniture was stained
*Had a room facing the main street which was very noisy

If I ever travel through Potosi again I won't stay here again!

Room Tip: My tip: don't stay here and if you have to call ahead and ask for clean sheets/blankets. Also as...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank KnowingThisKnow

I'm sorry for your bad experience at our hotel, we have put new policies in place to insure this never happens again! Hopefully you will give us another chance. Donna Valle, General Manager

Reviewed February 19, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Donna D, General Manager at Super 8 Potosi, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was a little nervous about booking the Super 8 in Potosi, MO, since it was the only hotel in town. I was amazed at how helpful the evening manager was. She went out of her way to help me with an item I had forgotten to pack. This is a well run, clean, and easy to find hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room with two queen size beds. It included microwave, fridge, recliner, and coffee. We we...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Donna D, General Manager at Super 8 Potosi, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This property has a lot to offer. The rooms are small but comfortable. The housekeeping staff does a good job of keeping everything clean. Everything is up-to-date and kept in good condition. The staff is outstanding, doing all they can to make sure you have an enjoyable stay. Fresh cookies are baked daily and the coffee pot is always on. The rooms have both a small microwave and refrigerator. They allow pets for a modest additional fee to their reasonable rates. This hotel has much to recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Donna D, General Manager at Super 8 Potosi, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank You!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Potosi
Shepherd Mountain Inn & Suites
#5 of 6 in Farmington
Crown Pointe Lodge
Crown Pointe Lodge
#3 of 6 in Farmington

Been to Super 8 Potosi? Share your experiences!