“Suprisingly terrible”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Potosi
San Diego, California
“Suprisingly terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

One word for this hotel: dirty.

Since I spend as much time in hotels as I do my own bed I can tolerate a lot. However this hotel had all the things that I can't handle. I only stayed one night and there was nothing else available so I put up with the room for the night. I wouldn't suggest you do the same....

*Dirty hotel room floor: hair, and various other things all over the floors meant I never took off my shoes.
*Dirty sheets and bed spreads: hair all over, stains on the bed spread. Clearly they don't wash the bed spread and blankets very often.
*Furniture was stained
*Had a room facing the main street which was very noisy

If I ever travel through Potosi again I won't stay here again!

Room Tip: My tip: don't stay here and if you have to call ahead and ask for clean sheets/blankets. Also as...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank KnowingThisKnow
Donna D, General Manager at Super 8 Potosi, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I'm sorry for your bad experience at our hotel, we have put new policies in place to insure this never happens again! Hopefully you will give us another chance. Donna Valle, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was a little nervous about booking the Super 8 in Potosi, MO, since it was the only hotel in town. I was amazed at how helpful the evening manager was. She went out of her way to help me with an item I had forgotten to pack. This is a well run, clean, and easy to find hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room with two queen size beds. It included microwave, fridge, recliner, and coffee. We we...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Donna D, General Manager at Super 8 Potosi, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully we will see you again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This property has a lot to offer. The rooms are small but comfortable. The housekeeping staff does a good job of keeping everything clean. Everything is up-to-date and kept in good condition. The staff is outstanding, doing all they can to make sure you have an enjoyable stay. Fresh cookies are baked daily and the coffee pot is always on. The rooms have both a small microwave and refrigerator. They allow pets for a modest additional fee to their reasonable rates. This hotel has much to recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Donna D, General Manager at Super 8 Potosi, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank You!
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is the only motel in Potosi but they don't act like it. Over the years the owners have funneled money back into improvements and upkeep. The rooms are clean and have a mini refrigerator and microwave. The staff is helpful and pleasant.
The breakfast is about what you'd expect: coffee, tea, juice, some fruit plus yogurt, cereal and bread items. Not great but not bad either. They've added a waffle maker.
The wi fi connection in my room worked well and there is a computer in the lobby you can use.
I am a repeat customer and find my stay comfortable with no nasty surprises.
The furnishings are adequate, not stylish and brand new but certainly in keeping with the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Donna D, General Manager at Super 8 Potosi, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your review! We do strive to keep updated and will continue to do so. We hope you will visit again as we will be doing more updates soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel was not very nice. It was clean, but furnishings were not very modern or stylish. The breakfast items were subpar. I actually purchased breakfast elsewhere. If I were staying in Potosi again, I would stay at this hotel because it's the only one in town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Donna D, General Manager at Super 8 Potosi, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
We are very sorry you were not pleased with your stay. We are however glad for your helpful input! We are continuously working on improving our property, and hopefully you will give us a second chance!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potosi
Super 8 Bonne Terre
Hampton Inn Farmington
Hampton Inn Farmington
#1 of 6 in Farmington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington

Been to Super 8 Potosi? Share your experiences!