“Holiday Inn- do you know what a great staff you have?”

Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Poplar Bluff
Atlanta, Georgia
“Holiday Inn- do you know what a great staff you have?”
Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

While the rest of the trip wasn't the best, this was business after all, your hotel was my bright spot. Your front desk young lady was stellar. I have already written to you about her by name. She is the bomb!
We had the delicious breakfast in your restaurant, where the wait staff was friendly and attentive.
I will probably never pass your way again but I am certainly thankful I experienced your hospitality.
Oh, the room was clean, quiet, perfect.

Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Jefferson City, MO
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I typically stay at another older hotel when I am in town but thought I would give this property a chance since it was newer, I was only staying one night and it was less expensive.
The good; The lobby was nice(thankfully I had to spend a lot of time there), the room was nice and the staff was friendly.
The bad; the elevator broke. most importantly there is no wi-fi in the rooms, I travel with an ipad and it has no way to hook up to an ethernet cable. I had to spend most of the night in the lobby working and checking and responding to e-mails from the day. I travel alot for work and I cannot remember the last hotel I stayed at that did not have wi-fi in the room. There should be a huge blinking sign in the lobby that says "now entering 1990 no wi-fi here"
The bed and pillows were hard and uncomfortable as well.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else if you need internet connectivity
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Jackie H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear J-Wags,

Thank you for your honest review. Our guest have spoken and we listened. As of March 9, 2012 we have wireless internet in all of our guest rooms. I would love for you to give us another chance next time you visit Poplar Bluff.
Salem, MO
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I drove past this location as it is hard to see from the road. This is a typical Holiday Inn. It does have a swimming pool, basic exercise room and a Jacuzzi. The complementary breakfast was limited to a few selections off the restaurants’ menu. The best bargain on the menu was the 2 eggs, 2 meats, toast and potatoes. Your beverage was not included.

The business center only had one computer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Surprisingly decent for a small town Holiday Inn. My room was very clean, apparently thanks to Carmen she left a nice note, and very spacious. It had newer linens and carpeting, a newer 1 cup brew coffee maker and a refrigerator. The bathroom had a large marble vanity, large mirror, hair dryer, adequate & nice smelling toiletries and a newer tub surround. The room also came with a large closet, an ironing board and iron and a framed full length mirror. The TV was an older model Zenith and the heat / AC had warmer and cooler setting rather than a thermostat but both functioned well enough. The hotel had plenty of parking, and indoor pool and a small exercise room. Yes, the elliptical was rusty and there was only one treadmill. With my Priority Club membership I received 10% off dinner and free breakfast at the attached restaurant, Castello’s at the Inn. I had a chicken and pasta dish and a spinach salad. The salad was great, with spinach pecans, fresh blueberries and strawberries, a soft goat cheese and what appeared to be a homemade dressing. The pasta was good enough, the wine list was decent, and pricing was good. Brianna, my server at Castello’s was sharp and funny. All in all my visit was better than expected.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Franklin, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 10, 2011

A pleasant person was at the check - in counter - we were upgraded to a suite- nice, clean and roomy. The air conditioner was noisy and one TV remote did not work. We were served a fresh, home cooked, tasty breakfast in the adjoining restaurant - free to club members - a very nice treat.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This hotel provided good quality and I would be happy to stay there again. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean. We especially appreciated the wonderful staff in the attached restaurant. They were friendly, attentive, and knew our orders by heart. The restaurant breakfast was included with our room. The eggs were real and the food was fixed like we wanted it. The equipment in the fitness center was old and needed maintenance.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Poland, Maine
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Stopped here for a night. Did not have a reservation. Was quoted $108 AAA rate for room with two queen. Asked to see the room before committing to it. Desk clerk seemed reluctant. I told him $108 was a fair amount of money . . . . and that other motels/hotels just hand me a key, no problem. Clerk texted his supervisor. While we waited for the supervisor to appear, I asked about the hotel's amenities. Breakfast? None included, "because there was a restaurant on site." Fitness room? Clerk said not really, that most of the equipment was broken. And we kept waiting for the supervisor to appear. In the meantime, I got the feeling HI didn't want my business (although the clerk readily offered to sign me up for their guest rewards program) and decided to go elsewhere; which I did.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 4 in Dexter
Super 8 Poplar Bluff Missouri
Super 8 Poplar Bluff Missouri
#5 of 8 in Poplar Bluff

Been to Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff? Share your experiences!