“Roofing During Our Stay” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff

Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Poplar Bluff
Wilmington, Delaware
“Roofing During Our Stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

Our family booked a block of rooms for a family wedding. Most of us arrived on Friday for the wedding on Saturday. At 6 a.m. Sat. morning, we awoke to the sounds of roofing contractors replacing the roof. The BANG BANG BANG was still going on when we left for the wedding at 1 p.m. My daughters (2 and 4) were in the wedding and did NOT get a good nights sleep. The manager said that a 50% discount for that night's stay was the best they could do for compensation. I think SOMEONE at the hotel must have known the roofing contractors were coming and could have let us know so we could make other arrangements. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicole9097

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sevierville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

We enjoyed our two-night stay here. The hotel is relatively new and in good condition. The rooms are spacious and come with everything you'd need for an overnight stay. There was a selection of firm and soft pillows, the rooms were clean, and the staff was pleasant. Only thing we could suggest for improvement is the addition of a breakfast that you don't have to be a priority member or pay to get in the restaurant. Other than that we had no issues.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2011

I have an allergy to fabric softener and the housekeeping staff changed out all my bedding and towels throughout my stay with linens that had no fabric softner.
When I came back a few days later for 2 more weeks, the staff remembered and did the same throughout my stay.
They were wonderful!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Troy, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

I visited some old high school friends so I knew the 'charm' of Poplar Bluff. I travel the world for my job so I didn't have high expectations for a Poplar Bluff Holiday Inn and I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I travel a lot and stay at many Holiday Inns and I thought this was actually one of their nicest hotels! They upgraded my room for being a Priority Member and gave me free breakfast the restaurant. The breakfast coupon, however, was only for certain items on the full service menu. Would of like to known that BEFORE I got the bill. I even gave coupon BEFORE sitting down. Oh well, only small, minor, complaint. Very clean and I didn't use/have time for the Spa services but saw that they had one.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Washington State
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

Staff at the front desk was not very welcoming. The lobby was spacious and the hotel was modern and clean. Step into the elevator and the smell of smoke permeates the air. The room was fine and the sheets were clean. The air conditioners were set at a temperature in the 60s that was actually too cool; an adjustment to 70 made the room more comfortable. For such a high room rate, this hotel would do better to offer a free breakfast.

Too bad most hotels in Missouri are not smoke-free. They would be cleaner overall, easier and less expensive to maintin, and provide a more pleasing environment for all guests.

We had dinner at the restaurant. I had a broccoli pasta dish with a "sticky" sauce that was too salty. The best tasting item in the meal was the roll/bun. I would not eat there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cordova, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

this is my go to hotel for Poplar Bluff. I fuss about the pricing a little bit but the hotel is newer and good location. My only negative and it moved me to Drury was that they used to have deal with free breakfast at restaurant next door and that tipped the value over to them but they lost that deal and replaced it with nothing. it hurt. Please work that out and I will come back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2009

Poplar Bluff, MO is a small town, so I didn't expect to find much quality when it came to hotels. While not an amazing hotel, this Holiday Inn is nicer than you'd expect to find in a town like this. It's a relatively new Holiday Inn (maybe 5 years old?) and seems to be kept up pretty well (clean carpets, good public spaces, etc.). The rooms are furnished pretty basically, but the furniture is in good condition and the rooms are clean. The bed was average -- a slightly tough mattress and pretty threadbare sheets.

The hotel does have a local restaurant on-site. I had dinner here. It's a basic family cafe, but the service was speedy and my salad was very good. It was nice to not have to search for a restaurant for dinner upon arriving here relatively late one evening.

The hotel's fitness center is pretty basic -- a treadmill, a bike, nothing much more. The business center is also pretty basic. I've stayed here three times, and the first two times, the business center was broken (the stays were a few months apart, so that seems weird), but in both cases the front desk let me use its computer to get done what I needed to. On my last visit, the business center was functioning.

The hotel's service is average, and this is what stops me from rating the hotel "very good" (considering the context -- small town, etc.) While there were no major service outages, the staff hasn't ever been extremely welcoming. They have recognized my Priority Club status/perks only occasionally. I've also attended meetings at the hotel, and each meeting has been plagued by small service outages -- slow response to needs, cords not long enough, etc.

Overall, though, this hotel provided a decent night's sleep in a safe and clean location and it seems to definitely be the best bet in Poplar Bluff.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business