“No "bang" for your buck!”

Ryans Family Steak House Inc
Ranked #53 of 74 Restaurants in Poplar Bluff
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Pocahontas, Arkansas
“No "bang" for your buck!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We arrived at the Ryan’s Steakhouse in Poplar Bluff, MO at approximately 6:00 PM on July 31, 2013. My first complaint is that the Sr. discount is more or less a joke and an insult. Most restaurants give a minimum of 10-15% discount. Ryan’s discount was 4.5% or a mere 50 cents. Not a very good way to enhance your customer base with the senior population. It could be one of the reasons that the restaurant had very little patronage that night. The price of the buffet at $10.99 far exceeded the quality and supply of food. My husband and I checked the “meat bar” three different times and there was NO steak available. The ribs were overcooked, tough and dry and the roast was the very end, which was burnt. The fish was more like a piece of dried cardboard. Additionally, the dessert bar looked as if it was the “leftovers” from the lunch. There were hot deserts on one end, four or five, well depleted, cold desserts on the other end with the middle of the counter empty. The pecan pie was still in the pan, placed far back behind the other desserts, making it almost impossible to reach and get a piece out. Additionally there were no dishes of “hard” ice cream available.

Overall, I would give this restaurant and meal a zero out of five rating!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank NJ46_10

Paragould, Arkansas
“No variety, temperature of restaurant too hot”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This Ryan's did not have the variety of meats that most Ryan's have. The temperature of the restaurant was too hot. I was sweating and I know the poor waitresses were too. I will not return to this restaurant in the future.

Visited July 2013
Ridgecrest, California
“Normal food”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have only been here once, and I mean everything is good if you are a fried chicken mashed potato mac n cheese down home cooking kind of person. I must say though thier new stir fry grill is the best thing I had there the whole time!

Visited January 2013
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,395 helpful votes
“I'd say a 3.5 rating would suffice....”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We used to eat at this chain when it was in our town, but it went out of business. I was surprised when we saw one in Poplar Bluff, and since it was right at dinner time, we decided to try it out. We got the buffet and as usual, some of the food was very good and some of the food was poor. The pot roast, vegetables, rolls, ham and soup were all excellent; the fish was too dry, the cheese enchiladas were awful and the even the chocolate cake was bad! I am not sure how that can happen.

They were very busy and the service was friendly. Place appeared to be clean and they kept the tables cleared. Bathrooms OK, could have been cleaner. Parking lot is large, but you may have to park next door...some people did when we were leaving the parking lot.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank tymetraveler222
Poplar Bluff, MO
“its pretty good at times.”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

They have pretty good food sometimes, I guess it depends who is cooking. Sometimes there is great variety, and sometimes it is suckish. the waitstaff are fairly attentive and for the most part, its a clean place.

Visited February 2012