“Not nearly as good as Lone Star--very average food”

Colton's Steak House & Grill
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Poplar Bluff
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ballwin, Missouri
“Not nearly as good as Lone Star--very average food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had a steak salad here and my wife had a chicken salad. Compared to those available at Lone Star Steakhouse (which is a comparably priced establishment), the ones here at Colton's are not even in the same league. The portions are huge here at Colton's, but neither salad was nearly as tasty as those at Lone Star. I believe I know steak, and the steak in my salad here simply was not high quality. I don't expect ultra quality here given the price, but I did expect it to be on par with Lone Star, but it isn't nearly as good as Lone Star. My conclusion is that they try to make up for quality here with quantity. My wife's salad was likewise huge, but that's no advantage when the product isn't very good--she didn't like her chicken and left most of it on the table. Based on our experience, it's hard to understand how this place is so highly rated. We don't plan to go back.

• Visited May 2013

Rosenberg, Texas
“So good!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Never been to one of these restaurants before- wish we had these in Texas- way better than the Roadhouse. The rolls are served with honey, the sweet potato fries with a marshmallow dip- wow! We had the burgers- very good! Excellent service too!

• Visited July 2013
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“They have a Chicken dish that is better than Outback's Alice Spring Chicken”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Lunched here with business associates and the Chicken dish, wish I remembered the name, was very good.

The yeast rolls are leathal. If you are a carb addict, advise your server that under no circumstances do not give you more than 2 rolls as if they give you a dozen you will eat them!

Visited June 2013
Ancaster, Canada
“soft country music and peanut shells on the floor”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Never been to a Colton's before but were pleased at the quality of food, the friendly service and relaxed atmosphere.

Visited June 2013
Bettendorf, Iowa
“Awesome Restuarant”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is really a good restaurant. Reminds me of a Texas Roadhouse, but better in some ways. Bucket of peanuts on the table, throw the shells on the floor. Comfortable tables, very nice and friendly employees.

I ate there 2 nights in a row while in town on business. First night I had a 12 oz sirloin steak, it was pretty good, i'd give it a 7 out of 10. Baked potato was great. Their house salads are amazing, very very good. Rolls with butter and they give you honey to go with!

Second night I was going to order Tilapia. I asked the waitress about it and she said she really likes the blackened salmon so I figured I'd go with her advice. OMG, this was by far the best salmon I've ever had anywhere. My wife and I eat salmon weekly so I'm a big fan but I've never had salmon prepared so well. If I'm ever in Poplar Bluff again I'm heading straight for this place and ordering the salmon again. You MUST try it. .

Give this place a try, I'd give it 10 stars if it was an option.

• Visited June 2013