“Don't miss Myrtle's Place in Poplar Bluff!”
Review of Myrtle's Place

Myrtle's Place
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Poplar Bluff
Cuisines: Barbecue
Ohio
“Don't miss Myrtle's Place in Poplar Bluff!”
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I've been using Trip Advisor more and more, and my two road-meals while in Poplar Bluff convinced me that I have to "report in" more often, as I had two great recommendations for my brief stay. I arbitrarily decided to have breakfast at Myrtle's and dinner elsewhere, so I can only comment on the breakfast, but it had everything I hoped for: hot, delicious food, great service and a homey atmosphere.

I ordered the short-stack pancakes with eggs and bacon, and every bit of it was just right: the eggs were cooked to perfection, the bacon was crispy but not burnt, and the pancakes tasted like they were made from scratch. Our server even offered us warm syrup for the pancakes, which just made the whole meal that much better.

3 Thank DD_Ohio

St. Charles
“BBQ, meat and three, breakfast , sandwiches--yum”
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Where else can you have a great lunch- fried chicken and 3 veggies and stay under $5- and it is good food! We happened on this place in downtown Poplar Bluff. With the meat and three and sweet tea, I'd say this place lin southern Missouri leans way to the south. My dining partner had a burger and fries. The hamburger was hand pattied and tasty. The service was efficient and very friendly. The chocolate and coconut cream pies are home made but we didn't get to try them as we were stuffed from lunch.
open Mon-Fri 5am-3pm Sat 5am-2pm For a homey lunch type of a place, they have excellent food.

1 Thank Wekick
Boston, MA
“Poplar Bluff - Myrtle's Restaurant - Be sure to stop in at Myrtle's to eat!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2004

We were just passing through Poplar Bluff, MO last week on our way to Branson from Nashville (6 of us), and had the good fortune to ask a mailman if he could recommend a restaurant to us for some good local food. He steered us towards Myrtle's, and it ended up being a highlight of our entire trip! The staff there was so friendly, they treated us like celebrities because we were from out of town. We got to experience the most delicious southern cooking, from fried chicken, ribs, brisket, corn bread, fried okra, homemade pie, I could go on forever, it was absolutely wonderful. The staff chatted with us whenever they could and told us some of the history of the restaurant, and about all the awards they've won in cook-offs. This meal was the best one we had on our entire 9-day trip through the area. If you're ever in this area, be sure to look them up and stop for a meal, you will be so glad you did. Tell them their new friends from Boston sent you!

5 Thank xine1123