“Wow! What a surprise.”
Review of Dobyns Dining Room

Dobyns Dining Room
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whether it's a casual lunch, intimate dinner for two or an elegant private dinner party for sixty, our student culinary and service staff at The Keeter Center offer something for every taste. Join us Thursday through Saturday evenings and your dining experience will be enhanced by student entertainment from the wide range of musical talent on our campus. For the sweet tooth anytime of the day, our bakery and college creamery will satisfy with pastries, desserts, homemade ice cream, and a variety of coffee drinks.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We had a group meal catered at the Dobyns Dining Room in the Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks. The table was set to perfection for a formal meal. The service was the best of any place around. It rivaled the best service on formal night on the best cruise ship. The food is very good, because not only was it well prepared, it was also fresh, because most of it was grown there at the college. The original pear vinegarette dressing is excellent. I highly recommend eating at this restaurant.

1  Thank aspenbc

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Beautiful dining room, overlooking the mountains. Wonderful food served by the college students who work there while studying, thus graduating without having paid a penny for their education! What a great concept! Delicious sandwiches, exceptional service, reasonably priced. Baked items and home-made ice cream is also available for purchase! Although we were not there on a Sunday, they say the Buffet Breakfast is not-to-be missed! We will definitely return on our next visit! Reservations can be made in advance - give it a try!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Read reviews & decided to make reservations for lunch in the Keeter Center. Excellent food, exceptional service, and a truly delightful experience! My husband loved the cured ham and Swiss cheese on pretzel bread - I enjoyed the garden vegetable sandwich (fried eggplant, mushrooms, provolone cheese). The history of the college itself is fascinating - also visited their greenhouses, filled with gorgeous orchids, the weaving room, where students were busily making placemats, and the museum - all very interesting. Besides the restaurant, there is a bakery and homemade ice cream sold by the students. We will make this a regular stop! Although we were not there on a Sunday, we hear the Breakfast Buffet is awesome! Maybe next time!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Enjoyed the museum, very good. Dined in the dining hall at noon and evening meals. Very good entres and staff was excellent.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

A few weeks before my trip to Branson I reserved a table at Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks for the Sunday Buffet for my mother, sister and I. This was one of the top couple of things I wanted to do as this was my first trip to Branson and it had excellent reviews. I was not disappointed we had a wonderful time. I had asked for seating close to the entry as my mother has a difficult time walking and they accomodated us. We were also by the large rustic fireplace central to the dining room which was nice. The dining hall was a combination of rustic and elegant. There were large wooden beams and what looked like impressed copper panels that comprised the ceiling. Along the entire length of the dining hall were windows that looked out over the mountains which were in gorgous full fall display at the time we were there, a really breathtaking sight. We noticed there were tables out on the balcony outside the windows and we thought what a wonderful place to dine when the weather allowed (it was too cool that day). There was a water feature ice sculpture on the salad table which has several selections of salads/fruits both fresh and marinated. Did I mention all of the food was fresh and grown, prepared and served by the students of the college? There was a custom omlet table and a table serving carved ham. Another table held buffet servers with eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, biscuits, gravy, muffins and rolls. Another table with the lunch fish and various casserole entrees. There was also a desert table with dozen of different sweets. I had an omelet cooked to order, bacon and gravy and biscuit and coffee (by the way their coffee is fantastic). I was too full to try the desserts but my sister and Mother said they were delicious. The young girl waiting on us was just delightful and was happy to answer any questions we had about the college and the food preparation. We had a wonderful time and would highly recommend this stop anytime you are in Branson/Hollister.

1  Thank Sherry M

Been to Dobyns Dining Room? Share your experiences!