“You must go!”
Review of Dobyns Dining Room

Dobyns Dining Room
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whether it's a casual lunch, intimate dinner for two or an elegant private dinner party for sixty, our student culinary and service staff at The Keeter Center offer something for every taste. Join us Thursday through Saturday evenings and your dining experience will be enhanced by student entertainment from the wide range of musical talent on our campus. For the sweet tooth anytime of the day, our bakery and college creamery will satisfy with pastries, desserts, homemade ice cream, and a variety of coffee drinks.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were staying outside of Branson and had heard great reviews of this place. The huge lodge is beautiful when you walk in and the setting/scenery of the college itself is wonderful. The students wait on you in their white coats and are fairly formal, even though the customers are all in casual vacation clothes. I had the soup, my daughter and I had the chicken salad, which was out of this world and my husband had a Reuben sandwich. Everything tastes yummy, homemade, from scratch and just plain excellent. The desserts are to die for and you can also get their homemade ice cream, so save room. It's fun to talk to the students and learn about all the great things they are learning. One of our busboys was even from Korea.
After eating, there is a small gift shop and we purchased some apple butter and pancake mix which also was made by the students. Take a moment and tour the campus after. From my understanding, the students work, in place of tuition, have to be in financial need and are accepted mostly from the Ozark area. It is a great concept, as one is able to see all the many skills they will take with them after they graduate. If we are in the area, we will be back.

2  Thank racine-lighthouse

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband made reservations for our Valentine's dinner. This is the restaurant of the College of the Ozarks. The students work on the campus at various jobs to pay their way through school. I was impressed from the moment we walked in the door. Several students in white waiters/waitress jackets were waiting at the front. We were promptly taken to our table. Beautiful dining room!!! Our waitress was Amy who was excellent and so friendly and pleasant! My husband had the beef pot pie which was excellent and had such a wonderful layered flaky crust and I had Chicken Alfredo which was also excellent. For dessert, we had the chocolate cobbler--amazing! All the students were so well-mannered. Wonderful thing the school is doing for the students! Highly recommended dining there and we can't wait until we're in Branson again to go back!

1  Thank maggie5arkansas
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We are locals & I must say this was one of the towns best kept secrets. We first started coming in late 2011. The staff is great, the food is excellent! I highly recommend Sunday brunch. It is certainly the best in Branson!

1  Thank Jammie F
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Keeter center is a nice experience for dinner. The students work at the restaurant & at the school to pay for their education. The fruitcake that is made on campus is awesome! Take a tour of the campus if you can, you will enjoy it. There is the old mill, the tractor museum, the lodge, etc...

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went to the Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks for Sunday Brunch - and what a spread! Everything from fresh fruit to omelets, waffles, breakfast meats, lunch entrees and a carving station. But even after all this, you MUST MUST MUST save room for the dessert table! Our server, Zach, was a real delight - as were all the students at the various serving stations. It was our first time to the Keeter Center, and we will definitely go back to try lunch and dinner. It's a little pricey, but well worth it!

1  Thank FlynLass1

Been to Dobyns Dining Room? Share your experiences!