“good food, good people” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
delta,mo
“good food, good people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

found this place while I was lost - glad I did. The chocolate cake I had was very good and the rhubarb custard pie my sister had was excellent. The lady was very friendly, and informative about the local area. The building is a real bank and the safe is full of candy and other goodies. It is a small building with not a lot of seating. I you have a large party - call ahead. She has different dishes each day. The chocolate cake I had was made with left over chocolate gravy, so some of her dishes are one of a kind. It's worth the trip and I plan to get lost again sometime, now that I know the way. She is open Wednesday through Saturday 6 am to 2 pm.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank mojabo

Houston, Texas
“Great home cooked food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My family went to the Pie Safe for lunch on a Friday around noon, there were 5 of us. The restaurant is in an old bank. It is very small and there is not much seating, maybe 3 tables and a few spots at a counter. The day we were there it was quite busy for the owner and sole employee (at least at the time she was the only one working.) There was no menu, the owner told us our options for lunch were cheesy chicken casserole, tomato quiche and pumpkin soup. Each of us had a fresh salad with veggies from her garden with a homemade basalmic vinegarette. All of the entrees were represented on our table. The quiche was fabulous. My sis-in-law loved the soup and the others enjoyed their cheesy chicken casserole. We were tempted by dessert, I didn't order one but I tried bites of a couple of them. The pecan pie was amazing...and I am quite a critic on pecan pies. Pumpkin pie was good. My mother in law had a bread pudding which I did not try. It didn't come with a sauce and I wasn't sure I'd like that. Anyway, all 5 of us ate for $33...lunch and dessert and iced teas and the food was just wonderful. The service was a little slow but that's because of how busy it was that day. It would not stop me from returning to this great gem.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank ljmzta

Been to The Pie Safe Restaurant? Share your experiences!