“Great Best Western in Kansas City”

Ramada Platte City Kci Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Reviewed December 4, 2012

From the time we were picked up at the airport until we departed it couldn't have been better. The whole staff went out of their way to assist us in every way, to include directing us to great eating spots. We will be sure to stay here the next time we are in Kansas City.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
There are newer reviews for Ramada Platte City Kci Airport

Reviewed November 29, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here for a couple nights and the staff was more than accommodating. They went out of their way to get me breakfast after breakfast was already over and every time I had a question or a concern they were right on top of it. They fixed our cable instantly and apologized, gave us more towels on request with a smile and offered insight into local eateries with enthusiasm.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed here one night during a cross-country drive. This was likely the best hotel and value of the five hotels I stayed at. The room was quite large, and everything was clean. The bed was a bit soft for me, but others might see that as a plus. Staff was very pleasant and helpful and check-in/check-out took less than five minutes. The free breakfast was about what you'd expect. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have family in the vacinity of Platte City, MO. My parents have pets and my 6 year old is very allergic so my wife and kids stay in hotels near them. Unfortunately, the Best Western in Platte City happens to be the best of two rat hole motels in the town. We've stayed at this Best Western several times with what seems to be worsening experiences. I guess I'm a slow learner. This particular Best Western has only two rooms that can accommodate a family of five so our choice of rooms was limited. There was what appeared to be toothpaste slathered over the sink, vanity, desk chair and lamps. This room has a king and a pull out bed from the couch. There were no sheets, blankets, or pillows supplied for the pull out bed. These items should have been provided and waiting in the room as they were aware of our occupancy as the reservation was made a week in advance. I went to the front desk and was given the sheets and blankets but was told there were no pillows and my kids would have to roll up blankets to use as pillows. The front desk refused to remove pillows from an unoccupied room and the manager could not be reached per the front desk attendant. This was the last straw for myself and family. At check out I showed the desk attendant pictures I had taken with my phone of the toothpaste everywhere in the room. She told be that they did me a favor allowing five occupants in the room and I should cut my losses and consider myself lucky we were allowed to stay there. We will not stay at this hotel again and plan to inform family and friends of the experience so they won't stay either. Previous stays at this hotel involved a bed that was lower by nearly six inches at the head. We had to move to the foot of the bed to sleep on the incline. This hotel has rundown 80's furniture, lime scale covered showers, old cathode ray tv's and a terrible continental breakfast. I suppose the breakfast wouldn't be too bad if you like stale bread, food that's supposed to be hot and is cold, and what appeared to be dirty serving trays etc. Please save yourself some grief and stay at one of the Kansas City International airport hotels only 10 minutes away from this dump. This hotel has KCI North in it's description but don't be fooled. There are several very nice hotels AT the KCI airport at near or the same nightly rates. Best Western hotels are individually owned and operated but operate under the corporate name. I'm certain Best Western corporation would be apalled and ashamed of the Platte City location.

Room Tip: In our experience there are no good rooms in this hotel. They advertise a suite with a jetted hot t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Eric2418, General Manager at Ramada Platte City Kci Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Please contact me directly at the hotel so that we can fix this, and show you superior customer service.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My family and I had a very enjoyable stay at this Best Western. The rooms were very clean and inviting and the amenities that the hotel offered were great such as the work-out room, in-door pool and free internet access in the lobby. Also, the continental breakfast went the extra mile providing hot biscuits and gravy, sausage and eggs. The only thing I would've changed about the eggs would be to make them scrambled rather than the little omlets that they provided. Otherwise it was very good. Finally, the hotel staff were very professional and friendly. One of them even gave our children some Halloween candy. :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Liliana V, General Manager at Ramada Platte City Kci Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 816-858-0200.

Liliana Vorlicek
BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites/KCI North

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The room was great as well as the staff!!
I actually had typed into the rental car navigation the wrong Best Western address. My reservation was at the 'other' one nearer to the airport. I had no idea. Although, as things happen for a reason, as I was driving to this location, I passed the very street that I was to visit my nephew and his family at a new house!! Again, I had no idea because I had mapquested his address location yet.
Well, not only was the staff extremely kind about my mistake, they immediately booked a room for me and called the other location and cancelled my reservation. My oops turned out for the best as the trips to my nephew's house were very close!

Room Tip: I like to open my curtains to let in the outside light and I happened to be on the side by the bank...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Liliana V, General Manager at Ramada Platte City Kci Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

WOW, thank you kindly for such a great review. With our continuous training that we provide our employees we can see that we are doing the right things to make sure our customers have a great experience with us.
Again, please accept our thanks for the comments that you have provided to us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Liliana Vorlicek

#4 of 109 in Kansas City
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
#38 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Ramada Platte City Kci Airport? Share your experiences!