“Great stay/staff”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
San Diego, California
“Great stay/staff”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The room was great as well as the staff!!
I actually had typed into the rental car navigation the wrong Best Western address. My reservation was at the 'other' one nearer to the airport. I had no idea. Although, as things happen for a reason, as I was driving to this location, I passed the very street that I was to visit my nephew and his family at a new house!! Again, I had no idea because I had mapquested his address location yet.
Well, not only was the staff extremely kind about my mistake, they immediately booked a room for me and called the other location and cancelled my reservation. My oops turned out for the best as the trips to my nephew's house were very close!

Room Tip: I like to open my curtains to let in the outside light and I happened to be on the side by the bank...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Liliana V, General Manager at Ramada Platte City Kci Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
WOW, thank you kindly for such a great review. With our continuous training that we provide our employees we can see that we are doing the right things to make sure our customers have a great experience with us.
Again, please accept our thanks for the comments that you have provided to us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Liliana Vorlicek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
laca
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I', I checked in with my VISA for a four or five day stay since the home I was purchasing, flooded, and being disabled with bone cancer, my health required, a clean, safe environment. I instructed the front desk clerks that under no circumstance, do I want any statements sent to my prior home. d/t fact that I didn't want my ex stalking hubby to know my whereabouts. Little did I know ubtil the 4th am, that the ;auditor; ;batches out each all accounts. They had illegally charged, my room 2 different rates, =2 different taxes, each day, and I stated that I wanted to pay cash at checkout. I have had a 'few law' classes, and it is unlawful, to charge a person's cc without knowledge, the gm was insulting, stating 'Didn't we treat u like a princess?' That's not the point, points are, my requests for privacy went to mute ears, unwillingness to nego pricing,[esp for an off season rate], for longer than 1 nite, the fact that 'charging' my VISA, without my approval, not offering my a 'senior rate, or disability discount.I have specific w/d taken out each mo., such as my phone, internet, etc., which totally bounced both of these bills. had I not gone to Mic D's for a dorble cheeseburger, and used the ATM I wouldn't have found out like I did. I have talked to my Law Firm, and we are pursuing litigation at this time. I felt violated as a now single 48 y/o woman, traveling with my assistive dog, dying of bone cancer, and now this..I felt discriminated, violated, cheated, dissed when I had my assistant approach the GM, she was not reasonable, not customer oriented, and when I "Thanked " this woman, for taking her time out to speak to my assst, she became 'nasty' and then she gave me 10 min, to leave the property, or she was going to call the LAW?! after they had dinged my VISA, yea, they were paid allright...now let's see how much that was really worth to them. I also noticed, 'bugs in the hallways, that resembled pissed off lightning bugs, w/ stingers, that were also in the pool/jacuzzi area, when I mentioned that to the GM, who said she was the 'owner' the 'housekeeper' yelled in the hall "WELL MAYBE U BROUGHT THE BUGS IN WITH YOU, UR ROOM IS FILTHY'ummmm, I wipe dowm the tub after I take my nightly Bubble bath, I hardly think so, and i always placed my trash out of my room, etc, let's just say that this is not a "Happy Ending'Dr. Christie Candillo and Bella

Room Tip: Watch your Credit Card !!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Liliana V, General Manager at Ramada Platte City Kci Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 816-858-0200.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed overnight at this hotel and really enjoyed the courteous staff, nicely decorated public areas and guest rooms, REALLY comfortable bed, wifi, and complimentary breakfast, all at a very reasonable rate. I will always stay at this facility in the future when visiting Kansas City or going to the annual Irish Festival in Weston, Missouri.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 816-858-0200.

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed October 16, 2012

They always say you get what you pay for. Not true with the Best Western in Platte City, MO.
Less expensive than the others in the area, pleasant, helful and friendly people who go out of their way to accomodate the customer. Hotel had a very welcoming feel to it. Just wish they
served oatmeal in their breakfast, but if that's is the worst thing about the Best Western?...I think that's excellent. Can't remember her name, but the blond who chatted with us at breakfast was great too.

Room Tip: Not sure what to tell you...windows closed out noise and some people choose to keep the AC on for th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bonita Z
Liliana V, Manager at Ramada Platte City Kci Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
WOW Thank you for your review and recent stay at the Best Western and Suites KCI North. I am very happy that you found the service to be great. I know that the employees enjoy knowing that they are doing a great job and being recognized for their efforts. We want all our guests to experience great service and we will continue to strive for that goal.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had a really long day with delayed flights and I was exhausted. I asked for a room that would be quiet and far from daily activity. The staff was great and found me that room in no time at even with most of the rooms rented for a nearby festival. The bed was comfortable, the room clean and spacious. No noise and I got my desired rest! The hotel was beautiful and clean and had very friendly staff. Breakfast was hot and plentiful! Overall it was a wonderful stay! If ever I am in KC again I know where I will be staying! Thank you for such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Room was clean and spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mustangyolie

lincoln, ne
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Best Western, You have a true gem in your employee Amanda who answered the phone the night of September 22nd. I needed a place for my 18 year old daughter to stay on the way back from Kansas City. After trying several different hotels, only to be turned down because my daughter wouldn't have a credit card upon check-in, I called the Best Western in Platte City. Amanda answered, listened to my situation and allowed me to pay for everything in full over the phone. Amanda was friendly, accomodating , and professional in handling the process for me, even taking the time to explain the different rooms available. Amanda asked my daughter's name and told me she would help her personally when she checked in. My daughter called me to tell me she had arrived safely, how comfortable she felt and how friendly you staff is. As a mom 150 miles away from the situation that night, your company and especially Amanda helped to make a less than favorable situation into a pleasant experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

For the price I wasn't expecting much, but this hotel is fabulous. I arrived late at night but the staff was still perky and helpful. The halls are in the middle of renos, so it doesn't look like much but the room was fantastic. The room was well furnished, clean and the bed was super comfy. But it's the little things that elevated the room from average to awesome... The small coffee maker with several different kinds of coffee, the free maps of the area, the disposable towel for cleaning shoes or windshields, make up remover, etc. They also had way more tv channels than other hotels. Thanks for the great night and I will definitely stay here again if I'm in the area. :)

• Stayed August 2012

Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
#37 of 109 in Kansas City
Quality Suites Airport Kansas City

Been to Ramada Platte City Kci Airport? Share your experiences!