“Great service, complimentary breakfast in the morning, and juice all day long.”

Ramada Platte City Kci Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

We had a large group with lots of young loud kids. The staff was very accommodating and never complained. They were very nice always smiling. They were redoing the tile in the foyer, looks nice! My only complaint is that every room door slammed so hard and so loud. And sometimes the door woul stick and not close unless you pulled it tight. I would recommend them padding the door frames or redo the frames

• Stayed: May 2012
Eric2418, Manager at Ramada Platte City Kci Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for your review! We value your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I reserved a suite on the BW site with this description: "Room Details: Suite-1 King Bed, Non-Smoking, High Speed Internet Access, Sofa For Sitting, Microwave And Refrigerator, Full Breakfast ". Upon arrival, the room was not a suite (I was informed at the front desk that it is a "mini-Suite"). The description led me to believe that I had reserved a suite. See my pictures to see what the "suite" looks like. There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room. I reluctantly agreed to having those items put in the room the next day so that other guests would not be disturbed. Additionally, the front desk person stated that I didn't make a special request for the microwave and refrigerator. I shouldn't have to request room features that I was led to believe to be included. The room did not have the sofa, either. Had we not arrived late in the evening, I would have looked for another lodging option. With tax, I reserves the faux suite for $262 with a AAA discount. Since the NASCAR races and a Jimmy Buffet concert were in town, lodging was very difficult to acquire.

Regarding the property itself, my wife and I were awakened very early each morning from the rear entrance door slamming repeatedly. Additionally, the guests in the room next to us were loud way after midnight. One evening, there were other guests allowed to tailgate outside of our window. Upon checkout, I was asked if I enjoyed my stay. I do not think the desk person expected an answer. I did not have the impression that the person cared.

Despite my complaints, I did compliment some of the service that I received, cleanliness, and the breakfast offering. The room was clean and no sign of bugs. The restroom was clean and the shower was free of mold. The water pressure in the shower was low. The hotel has a laundry room available. The exercise room is better equipped than many other hotels as it had a weight machine. The wireless internet signal was poor, thus service was pretty slow.

The breakfast offering wasn't bad, but I did have to microwave the sausage each morning as it was cold. Since my wife cannot have foods with gluten, the breakfast offering worked better than at many other hotels. The breakfast offering included: scrambled eggs, three kinds of cereal, oatmeal packets, orange and cranberry juice, coffee, tea bags, biscuits, gravy, sausage links, danishes, yogart, bananas, apples and oranges.The property has an indoor pool, but I did not use it. The parking lot is well-lit and my only concern was the people tailgating on Saturday night.

There are a couple of drug stores, a QuikTrip travel center (you can purchase liquor at the QT), a Price Chopper supermarket, and a number of fast food places to eat. Target or Wal-Mart are located about 5 minutes away (south, near I-29).

Travel from the hotel to Kansas Speedway is about 20 miles, but wasn't a bad drive.

I was contacted by Sarah with Best Western and we discussed the disconnect between what is listed on the BW site versus what is actually at the hotel. I will receive a $50 BW gift card that will offset the problems I experienced. I will stay at another Best Western, but probably not this property again. The walls are the thinnest of any hotel that I have stayed.

Room Tip: Do not get placed in Room 127 if you value sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlphaRam
Eric2418, Manager at Ramada Platte City Kci Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Dear Sir,

I have read your review and would like to thank you for your review. You have brought several things to my attention that need correction.

I always welcome Positive Feedback as well as Constructive Criticism. Despite the busy NASCAR Weekend it is always our Mission to provide superior customer service and make it our point to exceed the expectations of our guests.

Because we did not provide you with the service you deserve I humbly request you contact me so that I may have the opportunity to find a resolution to the problems you encountered.

Eric Elam
Best Western Airport Inn & Suites KCI/North
(816) 858-0200

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel February 18, 2012. This is the second time we have stayed here and it won't be the last. We found the rooms to be very clean. The breakfast leaves a little to be desired but you can always go to a nearby restaurant if you want something more. Plenty of restaurants nearby to choose from. The location is great - just off I-435 & I-29. It's a great place to stay if you are in the area to go skiing at Snow Creek in Weston, MO as it's only 15 miles / 25 minute drive to the ski area. We booked 2 king rooms, which included a refrigerator, microwave, and desk area for a total of $129 for both rooms. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your Kind words and great review!

Eric Elam
Best Western Airport Inn and Suites KCI/North

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Have not stayed at a Best Western in several years as my prior experiences have been inconsistent. However this was a pleasant exception. Very close to airport and business in Leavenworth. Room was clean and quiet. Continental breakfast was OK. Several nearby restaurants including nice sports bar within walking distance.
Definitely recommend

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank wjetchell
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Look it isn't a five star hotel, but the beds were great, sheets didn't make me itch, bathrooms were one piece all in one room which I prefer, massaging shower head and upgraded bath, a/c worked very well, no smell very clean and super quiet and this hotel was not empty. The decor? Well I didn't like the fridge/mike combo that was free standing, but I like that they were there. Got in late super tired and got a great sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I had the unfortunate experience of staying here in August. The hotel appears clean and in okay upkeep, the rooms are adequate if not nice looking, but that is all at first glance. I knew it was going to be a long night as people kept knocking on my door and running down the hall, took my "do not disturb" sign, and were screaming and banging things. I was told there was a boxing tournament in town, hence the reason the place was so packed with high school kids. That said, this part was more of an annoyance and I easily fell asleep with the TV on.

I used to work in hospitality risk management so I always do a complete inspection of the bed for bed bugs, and it appeared I was in the clear. So I got under the covers and went to bed. 2 hours later I woke up to severe itching on my legs. Turned on the light and there were FLEAS all over the bed (bouncing), covering my legs, etc. I jumped out of bed, ran to the bathroom and got as many fleas as I could onto the white towel to show the front desk person. I was mortified. I ended up throwing away my pajamas, as I didn't want even the chance of a flea in the car. The front desk girl was nice and she said she would tell her manager what happened to issue a refund. She offered to put me up in another room, but as I said I've worked in hospitality and I know if one room has bugs, others do to. So I declined and decided to sleep in my car.

Next day, called hotel and manager has "no record of the incident," refused to issue refund, etc. I called a couple of times afterwards and received a different story from each person - they had an exterminator that found nothing, then another person said an exterminator never was called, then I was told they rented the room the next day, etc. Couldn't get a straight story from the staff or the manager so I gave up with them and filed a case with the Better Business Bureau and Orbitz (who I booked through). After a lot of back and forth with Orbitz I received a refund. Best Western never responded to the BBB complaint.

So I guess to make a long story short. I have pictures of the bites, the fleas in the room, and will never stay here or at a Best Western ever again. I travel constantly, but I will always take my business elsewhere and suggest you do to. Somewhere without bugs and decent customer service.

Room Tip: I'm sure a room away from the front desk area would've been quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Eric2418, Manager at Ramada Platte City Kci Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

I am very sorry for your experience. Isolated events happen everywhere.

I did issue a refund and I did respond to the BBB when they sent us your complaint well after the refund. You had requested a refund to cover the cost of the other hotel you stayed in that night. Yet here, you stated you stayed in your car.

To this date and from your checkout we still have yet to discover the problem you have described to us. Although after inspection we had the room and adjoining room treated anyways.

Anyone reading this looking to make a choice on staying here or at another property I urge you to look at the ever flowing positive Comments about our property. We strive for customer satisfaction and our goal is to exceed each and every expectation.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We came in near midnight so we just got a good nights sleep. It was very clean and comfortable. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Hilton Kansas City Airport
#13 of 109 in Kansas City
Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport
Quality Suites Airport Kansas City

Been to Ramada Platte City Kci Airport? Share your experiences!