“Clean, convenient and quiet”

Ramada Platte City Kci Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
“Clean, convenient and quiet”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Have not stayed at a Best Western in several years as my prior experiences have been inconsistent. However this was a pleasant exception. Very close to airport and business in Leavenworth. Room was clean and quiet. Continental breakfast was OK. Several nearby restaurants including nice sports bar within walking distance.
Definitely recommend

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank wjetchell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Look it isn't a five star hotel, but the beds were great, sheets didn't make me itch, bathrooms were one piece all in one room which I prefer, massaging shower head and upgraded bath, a/c worked very well, no smell very clean and super quiet and this hotel was not empty. The decor? Well I didn't like the fridge/mike combo that was free standing, but I like that they were there. Got in late super tired and got a great sleep.

• Stayed September 2011
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I had the unfortunate experience of staying here in August. The hotel appears clean and in okay upkeep, the rooms are adequate if not nice looking, but that is all at first glance. I knew it was going to be a long night as people kept knocking on my door and running down the hall, took my "do not disturb" sign, and were screaming and banging things. I was told there was a boxing tournament in town, hence the reason the place was so packed with high school kids. That said, this part was more of an annoyance and I easily fell asleep with the TV on.

I used to work in hospitality risk management so I always do a complete inspection of the bed for bed bugs, and it appeared I was in the clear. So I got under the covers and went to bed. 2 hours later I woke up to severe itching on my legs. Turned on the light and there were FLEAS all over the bed (bouncing), covering my legs, etc. I jumped out of bed, ran to the bathroom and got as many fleas as I could onto the white towel to show the front desk person. I was mortified. I ended up throwing away my pajamas, as I didn't want even the chance of a flea in the car. The front desk girl was nice and she said she would tell her manager what happened to issue a refund. She offered to put me up in another room, but as I said I've worked in hospitality and I know if one room has bugs, others do to. So I declined and decided to sleep in my car.

Next day, called hotel and manager has "no record of the incident," refused to issue refund, etc. I called a couple of times afterwards and received a different story from each person - they had an exterminator that found nothing, then another person said an exterminator never was called, then I was told they rented the room the next day, etc. Couldn't get a straight story from the staff or the manager so I gave up with them and filed a case with the Better Business Bureau and Orbitz (who I booked through). After a lot of back and forth with Orbitz I received a refund. Best Western never responded to the BBB complaint.

So I guess to make a long story short. I have pictures of the bites, the fleas in the room, and will never stay here or at a Best Western ever again. I travel constantly, but I will always take my business elsewhere and suggest you do to. Somewhere without bugs and decent customer service.

Room Tip: I'm sure a room away from the front desk area would've been quieter.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Eric2418, Manager at Ramada Platte City Kci Airport, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
I am very sorry for your experience. Isolated events happen everywhere.

I did issue a refund and I did respond to the BBB when they sent us your complaint well after the refund. You had requested a refund to cover the cost of the other hotel you stayed in that night. Yet here, you stated you stayed in your car.

To this date and from your checkout we still have yet to discover the problem you have described to us. Although after inspection we had the room and adjoining room treated anyways.

Anyone reading this looking to make a choice on staying here or at another property I urge you to look at the ever flowing positive Comments about our property. We strive for customer satisfaction and our goal is to exceed each and every expectation.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We came in near midnight so we just got a good nights sleep. It was very clean and comfortable. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cpldutch
Sedalia, Missouri
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We paid for a nights sleep. Instead their were people coming in at all hours; loud, laughing, etc. It lasted for about 2 1/2 hous. When I complained to the girl at the front desk the next morning, you could tell she could care less.

These hotels need a security guard to handle people who do not consider others. It is ridiculous to pay for a place to sleep when I could have gotten more sleep in my car!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Green Ridge, Missouri
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times now because of how close it is to the airport. It's a great value for the money, clean and quiet. Most of all the staff that i've dealt with at check in and check out have been great. They've all known how to do their jobs and everything has been quick and professional. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Good location close to airport off I-29 with clean rooms at affordable rates. They have great beds too which is hard to find in this price range typically. I stay at hotels a lot and would recommend this location to business people or families looking for a good hotel value in the area. Close to several places to eat also which is a plus. The drive time to airport is 5-10 minutes maximum which is nice so that you are close enough for a short drive distance but far enough so that you do not hear the planes all the time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
#5 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Ramada Platte City Kci Airport? Share your experiences!