“ok - convenient to airport!”

Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
kansas
“ok - convenient to airport!”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We stayed here due to an early flight the next morning. The desk staff was not particularly pleasant, especially when I called for the shuttle upon our return. The carpet in the hallways is absolutely awful - worn and dirty. The room was clean and just fine. Bathroom was clean with a good shower.
The shuttle to the airport was excellent and the drivers very pleasant and helpful.
We left our car at the hotel and that was very convenient.
The Mexican restaurant next door was a very pleasant surprise. Excellent. Great service and very good food. Also the margaritas were outstanding!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
kc
Reviewed December 21, 2010

We came back to Platte City, to three flat tires. The owner went out of his way to help us get the tires fixed and even paid for the service to get air in tires...What a great example for all owners of any business...Rooms clean, front desk personnel very nice. We will stay here whenever we need to fly. Thanks again...Brady Rodgers....

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Ketchikan, Alaska
Reviewed December 17, 2010

We flew in around midnight with no plan, and Comfort Inn In Platte City was perfect for us. I called several places from the Kansas City International Airport and they were either out of rooms or wanted us to purchase two rooms for our family of 5. Several had courtesy vans that quit driving by 11pm. The rate was excellent (especially for a last minute call) so we asked them to come get us. They were at the airport with a van in a couple of minutes. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. They hooked us up with a roll-away for our extra kid and ended up in a room that was very clean and comfortable. The room was also quiet. The continental breakfast in the morning was better than your typical fare. Fruits, cereal, waffles, and to my surprise---real good biscuits and gravy. All in all we were very pleased with our stay at the Comfort Inn in Platte City Mo. We would recommend this place for anyone---very family friendly.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank alaskandave42
Marshalltown, Iowa
Reviewed October 29, 2010

After being in the air for almost 4 hours, and total travel time of 12 hours, this place was a welcome break before driving home the next day. It was quiet and we all slept like we were dead. The breakfast the next morning got us moving down the highway feeling rested and refreshed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank FlyRC
Kansas City
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My 7 year old son and I stayed here for one night. We really enjoyed our stay. Our room was very clean and nice. The microwave and refrigerator was a great feature to have. The bathroom was really nice. Our room was quite and clean. We really enjoyed just walking over to the mexican restaurant next door. It was great. The pool is small but just right for my 7 year old. It was warm and clean which is important to me. The breakfast in the morning was definately adequate to me. My son enjoyed the waffles alot. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Arab, Alabama
Reviewed August 1, 2010

The hotel worked very hard to accomadate my family. The rooms were remodeled, and very clean. The breakfast was very good, and there is a nice Mexican eatery next door.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
North Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I stayed here with my spouse and two children. It was getting late and a person at a restaurant we ate at recommenced this place. The lobby was clean and there is where is stopped being clean. The room's a/c was not turned on so it was hot and humid in our room and musty, the children were so tired and feel asleep fairly quickly: if they hadn't done that we would have changed hotels. The bedding was seriously stained and the walls had numerous water stains which didn't help the overall "ick factor" of the place. We took the kids swimming the next day and the pool was ok for small kids, not for adults, the hot tub was so small it seemed more like a kiddie pool. The vent in the hallway floor was so badly caved in, it was a dangerous situation, an accident waiting to happen especially since it was right at the elevator. The silk plant at the elevator had so much dust on it, it should have been an indication of how clean the place was not.

The few good things were the fact the breakfast room appeared very clean, not the best hot breakfast I have had included but okay, the staff seemed nice enough and the room's restroom was recently renovated. Unfortunately, I would not recommend to anyone to stay at this hotel. Even if we had complained and asked to be moved, my feeling was that all the rooms were like this since the halls were worn and the overall feel was yucky. I just wish the kids hadn't fallen asleep so fast, we could have left.

I read where the owners/managers commented to another review this past May 2010, stating that 80% of the rooms were renovated, we stayed in July and besides the restrooms being done, I could not see how any reno's where ever done: I would hate to have stayed before the so called reno's were done. It's to bad as the room size was good and this place has the potential to be great if they could get rid of the musty smell ( run the a/c all the time to eliminate the humidity) get clean bedding, replace the carpets and scrub the place top to bottom-regularly!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
brodgers, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience at my property. At the same time, I am very disappointed by this review because it is not accurate. If the A/C was not on in the room that was a mistake on my part - the humidity in our state was horrible at that time and it is a struggle for EVERY property. I believe that it so affected your perception of our property that you were a bit unfair with the rest of your comments.

Our bedding is in great condition because we purchased it new a few years ago and constantly wash it and order new bedding to keep it fresh and in great condition.

Our pool - when compared to most hotels - is quite large, our hot tub is a standard size and we have a fitness center and sauna as well. You do not find that in most properties in our market. This wonderful "recreation area" is definately designed for the enjoyment of adults.

YES we have renovated our rooms very extensively: BATHROOM: new countertops, new tile floors, new lighting, new frames mirrors, new shower curtains, fresh paint on walls, tubs resurfaced, ROOM: new bedding, new TV's, new curtains, fresh paint, furniture renovation, new lighting,....
6 out of 8 most recent comments
"Great Place"
"Good Place to Stay"
Excellent Experience - Thank You
Friendly and Comfortable
Updated Rooms, Nice Breakfast Bar
Very Friendly Staff

If you are someone who has read this review but never been to my property please know this-
we work very diligently to ensure that our rooms are clean and inspected daily - YOUR satisfaction is very important to me. Please accept my cordial invitation to check us out for yourself. Had this guest informed us of any problems AT THE TIME we would had done our best to rectify the situation.

Brady Rodgers, Owner

#1 of 4 in Leavenworth
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
#38 of 108 in Kansas City

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North? Share your experiences!