“Tired and grundgy!”

Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We stayed here because we had an early flight out next morning to start a cruise. We chose to "park and fly". That worked fine, great service on the shuttle. BUT the carpets, bedspread, everything in the room were soiled. I didn't even want to sit on the bed in my clothing. This hotel is worn out and needs a good shampooing and cleaning. Its also not as close to MCI as others. We were disappointed with the place. However, the shuttle to and from (on our return to get our vehicle) the airport was very good.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
brodgers, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2010

I am very sorry if you found one of our rooms to be in poor condition. We have been remodeling for the past year and have finished NOW 80% of our rooms. Perhaps we were full and had to put you in one that was not remodeled. After helping a couple carry their bags to the rooms a few nights ago - I was very pleased when they said "WOW" upon opening the door. They stated that they loved our new rooms.

Next time please contact me while you are here so that I may address the problem in a reasonable manner. Please call me and I will make it up to you!

Brady Rodgers, Owner
Comfort INN KCI of Platte City

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North

Reviewed February 15, 2010

The updated rooms are pretty nice, with microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, free wireless, & the bathroom was redone nicely. The hotel has a sauna, indoor pool, small gym with treadmill, and the hottub was very relaxing after a day of snowboarding at snowcreek. Not too far from the airport for travelers.

Reviewed January 15, 2010

This Comfort Inn has comfortable, nicely update rooms with a very friendly and helpful staff. This is one of the few hotels I've found that has a comfortable recliner to lounge in rather than the usual stick furniture found in other budget hotels. The staff was very helpful and the hotel was nicely located close to the KC airport and Zona Rosa shopping center. I would highly recommend this for a relaxing evening or two!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2009

A nice quiet hotel with a pool (indoor) and nice big rooms. We spent one night here before flying out and I think it was very nice. We had a big room with 2 queen beds and a fridge, microwave oven, coffeemaker and a nice breakfast. The breakfast room wasn't that big but ok, and the waffles (you can make your own) saved the grey morning. All in all a very recommendable experience!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank not_blufFINg
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We used this hotel as our Park & Fly base on our trip to California. Loved the spacious rooms here, just some neat extras in these rooms that we found nowhere else. Staff was courteous and accommodating. Fairly quiet area. Bed was comfy, room was clean. Nice pool, infrared sauna (didn't get a chance to use it, but was impressed that they had one). Our van was parked in their back lot for 10 days without any apparent problem. The only "complaint" I had was that breakfast closed at 9 am on Sunday and we were so exhausted from the nightmare flight the day/evening before, we almost missed it. (somehow we survived) Next time we fly out of KC, we'll probably stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nettermo
Reviewed September 22, 2008

We are frequent guests of this Comfort Inn. We have stayed with them before/after all of our travels from MCI now for several years. We have always been extremely satisfied with the cleanliness of the rooms, breakfast area and lobby. The beds are very comfortable and extremely clean. The newly remolded rooms are very nice. The breakfast room was very clean and they offered more breakfast items than any other hotel we have stayed. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. We decided last minute to leave for the airport early, they arranged for the van to take us immediately and we appreciated their sense of urgency. We were very impressed when the owner of the hotel asked us if we enjoyed our stay. We told him that the door was a little difficult to open and he immediately came down and fixed it...great service! We will continue to be happy customers at the Comfort Inn. See you next trip!

PS....Great Pillows!! From your happy guests (9/17/08...room 209).

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank donewiththis
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I found this property on the internet and needed two rooms- and then called directly since I had questions if this was a Park and Shuttle to the airport etc. and was 3 months in advance. I asked for the price and she quoted a 84.99 a night, I believe it was. I said, well then, I'll go back and book it on the internet as I have a $39.00 a night there. She said, well ok, I will book it that way then and I asked for confirmation and she said, no # or anything - just say Steffanie okayed it.

3 Weeks prior, I thought I had better call to see if still there -- I got a someone who said, yes and I asked the price on there and she said 91.98 per night -- I said NO that is not what I was quoted and she said, well you'll have to call back when SHE (avoiding names as per policy here) is in then but didn't know her schedule. I called back 4 times and she was never there and they kept looking it up and each time gave me a different rate from 91.98 a room to 84.99 and after I complained and asked for manager, who never came on the line but another gal did -- said well we'll give it to you at the old price then of 84.99 a night. I said NO, that's not what I was quoted. She said well we can give you the second room then at 59.99 -- all these, I found out were plus tax not total, of course. I said, that still isn't what I was quoted and she said well you'll have to talk to SHE then and I don't know her schedule - only keep track of my schedule. WONDERING IF EVERYONE SETS THEIR OWN RATES THERE & KEEPS THE PROFIT OR SOMETHING -- I THINK I AM CANCELLING AT THIS LATE DATE YET AND GOING ELSEWHERE - AS I HAVE 2 days before the date and not sure if I have a room anyway and at a much higher rate, for sure.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank JUSTME13NE
brodgers, Owner and General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2008

I am sorry that you had this kind of problem at my property. We have had a few new hires this month and perhaps they need more training. The price for this park and fly package is $89.99 which includes room, breakfast, parking for 14 days and airport shuttle. I am not sure where you saw the $39 rate - that is not accurate information.

I hope that you decide to try our property. You will find a friendly staff, well maintained rooms and that are very clean and inspected daily. We look forward in being of service to you.

Brady Rodgers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Platte City
Ramada Platte City Kci Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Harrisonville
Super 8 Platte City Kansas City Area

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North? Share your experiences!