“Quiet Stay at KC Airport Inn”

Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Carlyle, Illinois
“Quiet Stay at KC Airport Inn”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Over night business trip to KC area landed me in the Comfort Inn at Platte City, MO. Great little hotel. Don't be fooled by the address. You exit I29 then turn north and drive north of the new high school complex and just when you think that you made wrong turn you top the hill and see the hotel on your left. Very clean, newly decorated rooms with cool colors and nice bath fixtures. Ask for a main floor room off the handsome "manly" lobby with the wood and leather chairs and cool sitting / meeting area attached. Then check out the indoor pool area. The exercise room was nicer and bigger than expected and was utilized the next morning before breakfast. The pool area is nearly detached from the hotel wing, includes large sliding glass doors so that you can wander outside and relax in their wrought iron chairs on the covered patio. Nice and quiet place to relax. Be sure to walk across the parking lot from hotel and have dinner at Maria's Mexican restaurant. First class food and very cold cervaza. Don't miss out. The breakfast opens at 6 am which is good for farm boys like me who hit the trail early for business. Food selection was hot and especially good with lots of room to sit in the numerous tables found in the breakfast room.

Room Tip: Rooms on main floor just off the lobby with a quiet view of the back side of hotel are conveniently...
1 Thank Steve B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Missouri
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here for the park and fly option. The room was clean and quiet. The hallways could use some updating but were clean and we don't spend much time in the hallway anyway. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was up and going at 5am as promised which was nice since we had an early flight. We felt comfortable leaving our car in the parking area. The shuttle was ready to take us to the airport and got us there quickly. What really made the difference for us, though, was the shuttle on the way back. Our flight was repeatedly delayed coming back, we called the hotel to let them know and we were very worried because we would arrive after hours for the shuttle. When we landed, the shuttle driver was there waiting and was very pleasant even though he had to work past midnight. We will definitely stay here again when flying through MCI.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Webb City, Missouri
Reviewed September 17, 2012

First, the staff at 11:55 p.m. was as kind as if it were noon. While the hotel is less than 10 minutes from KCI, it is off I-29 far enough to be very quiet. The room was extremely clean and spacious. The bathroom was spotless. The hallway seemed mildly in need of some updating or renovation, but I wasn't staying in the hallway! I would give the hallway a "7" and the room an immediate "10." The lobby and breakfast area were very nice too. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if needing a place close to the airport and not bother looking for another.

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The staff and facilities were top notch. The staff made sure our stay was to our liking. Our room was clean and comfortable. We used the conference room for a meeting and our every expectation was met.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently went to Platte City, Mo. on business and stayed at the Comfort Inn. I must say that the king room I was in was very easy to enjoy. I enjoyed the reclining chair watching the football games. Of course I had a fridge for the game as well. But this bed rates in the top 2 that I have slept in on the road! I would encourage anyone to stay here as the hotel staff was very gracious in providing information about the area.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2012

All indicators were that I was not going to get what I paid for. When I arrived at KCI, I immediately went to the Comfort Inn at the Airport and was told that the hotel I reserved was 14 miles away. So I called that comfort Inn and they said, "no, we're only 4 miles from the airport". So, 14 miles later I arrived there and was greeted by a nice but noticeably under dressed front desk clerk. They checked me in and showed me to my room and from there it was all down hill. Upon entering my room, I could smell mold old carpet. The furniture was '80 and so was the TV. One of the selling points was the full size refrigerator and stove. Of course, there we no dishes or utensils and again the refrigerator was older than most of my kids. The wall unit A/C literally sounded like a car increasing speed when it kicked on. The only salvation for this place not being horrible was the gym, that I apparently was the only one in the town to use. And the breakfast, which started a 5 a.m. and I was able to eat before any of the none-gym users showed up. This place is a serious dive that has not been upgraded in years. I went to bed early every night so that I could sleep most of my time in this hotel away. BEWARE!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
brodgers, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. I am not certain however that you are talking about our property because the comments you made are inaccurate. Our property IS only 4 miles from the KCI Airport. The carpet WAS not new but we have actually put new carpet in our rooms - please refer to room pictures. All of our bathrooms have new tile floor and new granite countertops - they are really beautiful. The televisions are about 5 years old in some rooms while others are brand new flat screens. Our rooms are very spacious and all include refrigerator and microwave.

I hope you give us another try if you did stay at our property - we would love to have you back welcome the chance to be of service to you.
Boonville, Missouri
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have stayed at this property several times over the past few years. If you are getting an early flight out of KCI this is the place to stay the night before. Although it could use a little sprucing up in the hallways the rooms are fine and very comfortable. All the services in the rooms are nice-micro, fridge, Tv and so on.The pool is very nice and inside so even in bad weather you can use the pool, spa or workout area if you want. They have a room off the main lobby that shows the owners trips and family that is very interesting.

Breakfast is pretty good. It starts early and has plenty of variety. There is a good Mexican restaurant next door with good food.Several more in the area, not very far as well as several stores if you forgot something for your trip.

SERVICE-this is where this place shines. We use their airport shuttle and depending on the length of your trip it can save big bucks. They are always on time and will monitor your flight and if it is late they will hold a driver to come get you. This service is top. They are always ready with your room when you walk into the lobby. We have had them give us late check outs when we were late coming in due to flight problems. When we have been stranded in other places we have never been charged for the room although they could have. This hotel really does give customer service.

Room Tip: any are fine
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Leavenworth
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
#37 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North? Share your experiences!