“Stayed there many times”

Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Fayetteville, NC
“Stayed there many times”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a favorite o fmine when I have to work events over at Ft. Leavenworth.
For many reasons specific to my being there, the location is excellent.
They open the breakfast bar at 0500 and that allows me to grab a bite while hurrying out to get my PT done in the morning. Oh, and this is a hot sausae & egg biscuit for me though they have a wider selection had I the time to stay.
The staff has always been helpful.
With the exception of a couple of rooms, the WiFi connection strength has always met my needs.
Nice, large room with separate area for stashing groceries during extended stays.
Let me see, I have to get picky for a negative so I do wish they had USA Today for a free morning paper vice the Wall Street Journal.

Room Tip: I like the room on the ground floor - second floor by room numbers the way the lobby is situated.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TTU4you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Really helpful desk staff, larger than average rooms, good breakfast, fridge/microwave in room, a free shuttle to airport, a good restaurant next door made for a really nice stay. I would stay there again and highly recommend them.
Cody at front desk is great employee. Maria's restaurant next door gives 10% discount if you show room key, and they had great food.
Choice Hotels toll free number does not list them for some reason, but gives you one on Admiral Blvd. instead. So, be sure you are asking about this location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank JoeSchlambe
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We did not have a good experience at this hotel. Our softball team stayed here during a tournament and we considered changing hotels after the first night. The hotel is old, and not very clean. Cobwebs in the halls and bugs in the bathroom. Small pool, no guest laundry, but mainly rude management. We were kicked out of the pool an hour early and told to stay out of the halls very sternly. The housekeeping staff left notes instead of cleaning our rooms and never returned to do so. Bad Hotel!!

• Stayed July 2011
brodgers, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
This team was asked to leave our property after two nights of continuous complaints from many other guests. They were one of 3 teams that were staying at our property and the only team that was out of control. It is important that all of our guests are allowed reasonable enjoyment of our property. When I spoke to the coach about their behavior he said that he could do nothing about it.
We agreed (he and I) that they should leave. Some of the parents reactions were very unreasonable and the person who wrote this review is one of them. I am very sorry that we had to ask them to leave but it was a right decision.
Brady Rodgers - Owner
Pleasanton, Kansas
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We had come to Platte City to stay the nite with my husband who was working there at the Power Plant. We stayed the first nite at the Super 8 Motel in Platte City and I Can Promise You We Will Never Stay There Again...... What A Nitemare It Was...... Nasty Dirty Rooms Front Desk Was Very Rude And The Price Didnt Match The Motel At All........ The next day the children and I had decided to look for another motel in Platte City we found The Comfort Inn.......From the first phone call to the time we checked out these people were AWSOME...... Victor the desk manager was very helpful and after a horrible nite we couldnt have appreciated it more!!! VICTOR YOU ROCK!! (As my children said!!) This motel was so very clean rooms were beautiful made you feel at home....... And the breakfast was great you dont get that at most places these people have went all out and it shows!!! I BELIEVE THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE THE COMFORT INN BAD REVIEWS NEED TO COME BACK AND TRY IT AGAIN!!! And we will be back to stay another weekend........ Christy Matthews

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
nyc
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Great hotel, great staff, extremely clean, quiet and at a walking distance to restaurants, shopping centers and all. Also it is ideally located in respect to the airport: very close but you never hear the planes noise ever from this hotel. It must be a fluke of nature!! This hotel is cleaner than the home of most average people I have seen. With all the bedbug issues going around now a days, I was delighted to see this place being so clean and safe. The hotel also got a nice exercise room with equipment (they are updating as well and soon, they said) and has a large heated swimming pool.

In summary, great service and great value. I used to stay in Kansas City downtown hotels, paying big bucks and getting the overbearing attitude of their staff, never mind the overcharge galore. Living in various hotels around the US and the world most of the year for my business, this is one place I highly recommend. The internet could be faster and more reliable for sure, but every thing else in this hotel is ideal. Great value for the money.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Pomona, Kansas
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We stayed overnight at the Comfort Inn of Platte City before we flew out of KCI airport, and it was a very nice experience! It was very nice for the money, and we were able to leave our car there, while we were on our ten day trip. They shuttled us right to the door of KCI!! How NICE on a snowy day!!! And the room was spacious and clean. And the breakfast was so nice, much more than we expected!!! The staff members were all so helpful, too.
Thanks Comfort Inn. We'll do this again!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
kansas city, KS
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We stayed here because there was a big snow storm and we wanted to be sure we made our flight out of Kansas City the next morning. They have a drive and fly program where you can leave your car for up to 2 weeks free. It costs a little more than a regular room rate, and you can't get points in the choice privileges system, but it was great to relax and have them drop us off and pick us up in their van.
The rooms were spotless. The beds were pillow top - very comfortable. The indoor pool was warm (open till 11:00) the hot tub was hot, and the breakfast was good (cold boiled eggs for protein). I forgot a few items and they were able to hel me out.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Leavenworth
Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport
Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport
#48 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North? Share your experiences!