“I had an enjoyable dinner. Above average, comfortable.”

Marias Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Platte City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food was very good. It is better than your average Mexican restaurant and it is better than I expected of this outdoor strip mall location.

I had dinner with a friend on a Wednesday night and we were both very pleased with our meals. I had the combination fajitas for one and ate all that I could. The serving size was large and I took a box home with me. They have Dos XX Amber and Lager on draft and in bottles. The large beer is a 32 oz bohemiath mug that reminded me of Oktoberfest. Great value on the beer. The food seemed a little expensive as our dinner for two: queso and chips, main courses, 2 beers, came out to about $50. Then again, we did eat a lot and take a lot home with us. Still, I expected a smaller bill.

The atmosphere has a good feeling and is somewhere between Mexico and a Sports bar. I was able to watch the game on TV when I wanted, but also able to enjoy conversation. The dress was very casual and pretty much "come as you are" since we were in post workout gear. The service was average but our server was very nice to us. She smiled a lot and seemed to really care about our needs. I'm pretty sure the owner or manager was standing in our area the whole time because he kept greeting people and stuck his head in on us once.

I enjoyed the place and I will probably go back again.

1  Thank TFalc0n

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food was excellent but even more impressive was the friendliness of the waitress. We were tired and a little sad that our visit to KC was coming to an end. She made our last impression a good one.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The service was fast and friendly and the food was very good. Took out of town guests there and was very pleased. Looking forward to return visit!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I took her patents here for lunch before flying out. The menu is very large and the lunch specials are a great value. The service was a little slow but friendly. The portions were nicely sized and the food was fresh and tasty. We will be returning the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Good food, service, margaritas, Corona's and they have three types of Cabo Wabo tequila on hand.

Try the spinach quesadilla and fried taco.

I'd go back.