“Disgusting place!”

Travelodge Airport Platte City
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Reviewed August 18, 2007

After looking at the website we booked a room for our family for 2 nights here. The website pictures are very missleading! We got in late at night and when we opened the door the heat coming out of the room was awful and it was a hot summer day. We called desk and told them so they showed us another room equally as disgusting so we stayed put in our other room! After the air conditioning ran for 3 hrs. straight the room was still not cool. There was a pathetic fan sitting in front of the air conditioner so they obviously knew there was a problem. It was too late to go on elsewhere. It was a disgusting room! Floor was sticky, bathroom was gross, tub had a crack in it that had been patched but was still cracked. Was the most disgusting room I've ever been in. The people at the desk were awful to deal withl They would not budge on cost of room the next morning. Of course, they got our money for 1 night and we were out of there to a wonderful hotel down the road south a couple miles for less money for the 2nd night.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank KanawhaTraveler

Reviewed August 5, 2006

I am accustomed to staying at Comfort Inn in Platte City to use their park and fly package. Recently I accidently called Travelodge and reserved their package. I was NOT told of 24 hour cancellation policy, which is far outside local custom. I discovered my mistake when I arrived at Comfort Inn to check in. I and the desk clerk made phone calls to Travelodge asking for a courtesy cancellation. Travelodge was rude and immoveable. I called the national Travelodge organization. They have NO control over their motels; they are privately owned. This is my second bad experience with Travelodges this summer, and I'll not ever stay at another one.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank June N
Reviewed July 9, 2006

Unfortunately we got there too late and our kids were too tired for us to look for alternatives. Dirty carpet, mold on the shower curtain, threadbare towels, badly managed. BEWARE!!

Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank ValDenverCO
Reviewed July 2, 2006

To be honest with you we never got to the room. The lobby was dirty and foul smelling. The pool was extremely cloudy and unsanitary looking (unlike the picture in the advertisement). The desk clerk was rude. We just sucked up the loss and went to another motel.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank Dorothy C
Reviewed April 24, 2006

We stayed at the Travelodge because we had a very early morning flight. This motel was very cheap ($64.99) which included an indoor pool, coffee maker in room, free continental breakfast, free shuttle to/from airport 24 hours a day, and free parking while we were gone. The prices are not firm and you can "haggle" for a lower price. Generally the motel felt safe for female travellers.
The room was old with mismatched and clashing furniture. There was no unpleasant smell in the room. The upholstered chair was scary it looked so dirty. The bed and sheets looked very clean. I set a book down on the table next to the bed. When I tried to pick it up it stuck to the table (there was something dried and sticky all over the table). Both my friend and I made the mistake of going barefoot in the room. The carpet had a really grimy feel to it. The indoor pool had a strange cloudiness to it and was not used by any guest. It was hard to find any good restaurants anywhere close by the motel.

5  Thank girrlstravel
Travelers also viewed these Platte City hotels
Ramada Platte City Kci Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North
Super 8 Platte City Kansas City Area

Been to Travelodge Airport Platte City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Airport Platte City

Address: 504 Prairie View Rd, I-29 Exit 19 Prairie View Rd, Platte City, MO 64079-8355
Location: United States > Missouri > Platte City
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Price Range: $45 - $59 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Travelodge Airport Platte City 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Travelodge Airport Platte City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Platte City Hotel Platte City