“Not recommended”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Perryville
Stockton, Missouri
“Not recommended”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Motel is not very nice for the price they charge. No exhaust fan in the bathroom! What's up with that? The carpet felt damp as if it had just been cleaned and the room had an odd smell, sort of like old men's hair oil and old ladies talcum powder. Not very pleasant and made it difficult to sleep. The pillows were horrible, very small and no firmness to them at all. The bed was ok, but the linens had black stains on them like old mascara or something. We only had 1/2 roll of toilet tissue in the room when we checked in and when I asked the Mgr. for a new roll in the morning he argued with me, saying that "we always put an extra one in." Well, this time they forgot. We used the coffee pot in the room in the morning, and the maid left it dirty, and also did not leave any more coffee packets for the next morning. The coffee in the breakfast room was also horrible by the way. Breakfast was nothing special either. The second night, the carpet felt dry, but the odd smell remained in the room. Just glad we had plenty to do and only spent enough time in the room to sleep and shower. Next time, we'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
missouri
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed for three nights for business in the hotel....soiled bedding....furniture and carpet in poor repair....strong disinfectent odor in rooms...hotel door keys repeatedly fail....breakfast just fair....uncomfortable beds....no fitness center...was told.."just do laps around the hotel"....we won't be back

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jackson, Missouri
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stopped to inquire about a room. We asked if there was first floor handicap access and whether there was an AARP discount, to which the clerk replied curtly, "Nope". When we asked whether this was the best rate, she replied "This is as good as you're gonna get". On our way out, we noted the empty parking lot and pointed it out to the clerk, who just shrugged. We then went next door to the Super 8, where we were greeted warmly, given a really nice room on the first floor for a much better rate, and offered freshly baked cookies. This is how it's done, folks!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Littleton, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2011

There was such a strong air freshener smell in the room and hall that it was difficult to breathe as I am asthmatic. In the words of the front desk clerk "We ain't got no elevators." Room had a moisture/mold problem. Breakfast was average for a CI. Internet service wasn't possible because it required a password and the front desk clerk didn't mention it at check-in. When I tried to log on, called the front desk for password, the phone had been put on hold at the front desk, so password was unavailable. Gave up! Drive 20 miles south and stay at the Jackson Comfort Suites for about the same money!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I read the reviews before checking in and didn't expect much. What a nice surprise...clean and nice! The rooms were not overly deodorized and certainly ok beds. Continental breakfast....good. Real good coffee. Nothing fancy, but much better than expected.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, il
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I was in town for business. The choices had to be Comfort Inn, Super 8, or Americas Best. TA reviews favor Super 8, but a co-worker favored Comfort Inn.

Clean but a little worn. Big room, king bed, sofa, coffee table,desk, decent desk chair, plenty of room to spread out my papers. Didn't try their internet connection.
Bed was good enough, as was the shower. Other than check in/out, had no occasion to deal with the staff. Best thing was the new flat screen TV with lots of cable channels.
Room had a fridge.

Maybe ask tor a room in back to see if you can get away from the road noise. Super 8 is right next to the interstate BTW.

Breakfast. Coffee was good. Had a bowl of instant oatmeal and an English Muffin. Worked for me. Also could have had apple, banana, orange juice, generic fruit loops or brand flakes, hard boiled egg, glazed donut, bagel or toast. Also took a pass on the coveted waffle, even though there was no line. If none of this works for you McDonalds is across the interstate.

And now that I mention it, if you're here at dinner time the picks are Ponderosa, Pizza Hut, McDs, Burger King, KFC and Taco Bell. There are some others, but I don't recall them all. Super WalMart is across the road from the hotel. Price was right. And this building has 2 stories and no elevator.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Geo550
Amite, Louisiana
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Booked 2 rooms and they gave us one on ground floor, one on second floor. I guess that was my fault because I didn't request they be together, but who would think that would even be an issue? Then there is the fact that there is no elevator in a 3 story building and the stairs are located at each end of the building with none in the middle -- of course our room was in the middle. Don't park in front if you can help it if you end up on the 2nd or 3rd floor -- you will have a long walk to the stairs. Park on either end of the motel if space is available.
Continental breakfast was adequate, but there was only one waffle maker and there was usually a line. One waffle took 3 minutes, so you can do the math. Desk clerk was also in charge of keeping the breakfast area stocked, which doesn't work well when people are trying to check out and others are ready for breakfast.
The phones in one of our rooms did not work, neither did the hair dryer. Housekeeping took all the dirty towels, but for some reason did not leave fresh ones. I don;t know what happened there.
I am not saying I would never stay there again becaue everything did at least appear to be clean, but it just did not seem to be very well managed. I think I will try the Super 8 next time because I was just not that thrilled with this Comfort Inn.
Perryville doesn't have but 3 hotel/motels, so there is not much choice. I would only suggest it, but I don;t know about recommending it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perryville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sainte Genevieve
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in Sainte Genevieve
#3 of 3 in Perryville
Madison Inn Lodge
Madison Inn Lodge
#1 of 1 in Fredericktown

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!