“Love!”

Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Parkville
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our family of four absolutely loves this place. You get a ton of food for the price and the food is always fresh! Great happy hour too. My kids love the Oreos for dessert! Thanks Nick & Jakes! We will continue to patronize this wonderful establishment.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have eaten many times at this establishment. It has proven to satisfactory for a couple for the family and for the occasional large group. They have lots of parking whether it is across the street or just over in the nearby lot. The food is very good the service has always been excellent. The people (waiters hostess and other staff are very friendly and helpful) I have never been to their brunch but I have heard that it is wonderful. I would recommend this location to anyone that wants to have good food, friendly service and a great atmosphere. You can heard the noise from the bar so that you know it is active, but not obtrusive in the dining area. Prices are reasonable, the carrot cake is one fo the best in K.C.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Nice atmosphere, waited in the bar area for about 5 min waiting on our table, nice layout with all the games up on the bigscreens. Prompt service from the staff & pretty good selection for the brunch (a bit less than $20 a plate with drinks). The brunch buffet included the standard fare, plus deserts, a carving station, and made-to-order omelets. I was really impressed when the "omelet guy" brought some cookies to our baby, friendly staff.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

On November 16th five of us met at Nick and Jake’s in Parkville Missouri for an early dinner.

I had ribs. Per the menu they were baby-back ribs, but in reality they were pork loin ribs. They were a bit crisp (burnt!) for my taste but not so bad to reject. The entrée came with fries and a SMALL ramekin of slaw. (Why do restaurants bother? A decent amount of slaw is in order or just none at all!) I ordered a No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service alcoholic beverage. Coconut, mango and black cherry rum with pineapple and cranberry juice.

The fries were hot and the drink was appropriately nice.

Others ordered ahi tuna, smothered chicken, chicken pot pie and a straight-ahead chicken entrée with white rice and vegetable. The dinners per the guests were all very good. The pot pie could have fed an Olympic bobsled team!

The only glitch of significance occurred when one of us ordered a second No S, No S, No S. She requested less ice in the drink. It did appear that she got more ice in her drink than I did. Our waiter unfortunately did not appreciate her request and performed a slight roll of the eyes and an exasperated grimace. Not a high mark.

A general complaint from me beyond all the above is that the menu is a bit limited, but generally I think this place is good.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

There is nothing about Nick and Jake's that you won't like. The menu is diverse. Lunch is super as well as dinner. try it!

1  Thank Judy J