“My two day stay”
Review of Budget Inn Palmyra

Budget Inn Palmyra
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Palmyra
Reviewed June 13, 2013

On 6/11/13 I checked into the Budget Inn motel, because my vehicle was in the shop for repairs. Upon my arrival, the front desk clerk was very nice and courteous. The facility was very clean and neat.

My room was nice and clean and the staff was exceptionally hospitable.

Palmyra Mo is an area that has no public transportation, not even a taxi cab. The owner personally took me to the store.

The restaurants in this town do not deliver. (Not even the Chinese Restaurant!) But the owner took me to the restaurants. They were very generous of their time and I truly appreciate the warm and hospitable atmosphere here.

My room was clean, safe and affordable. I had a nice flat screen t.v. and plenty of t.v. channels to watch. I had a microwave oven, refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. Plenty of clean towels, soap, shampoo, and body lotion too. They also had free WiFi.

If I am ever again in this area, I will certainly stay here, because of the warm make you feel at home environment.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here just because we had visitors and needed somewhere we all could stay comfortably, The price is ok, but not for the conditions of the room, They are smoky and not clean, we had holes in the walls and funk in the bathroom and on the mirrors, We do not recommend staying here unless you check this out upon staying, they were talking of renovating the place, hopefully they have, do not know we have not been back to stay.

Room Tip: very noisy anywhere due to being close to highway
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We don't care if a hotel is a 2 star or 4 star but we do use reviews to choose where we will stay. We stayed one night at this hotel based on the reviews we read and found them not to be true at least of the room we were given. The room was small and old and appeared somewhat clean on the surface however the refrigerator was dirty inside and the microwave had left over cooked on food in it which made us wonder about other things such as carpet and bedding etc. We stayed the night but will not be back.
WE DO NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTEL

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Don C
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful, but we couldn't get the room warm enough to spend the night. We only stayed a little over an hour and then had to go somewhere warmer. It might have been ok if it had been warmer outside. The window air conditioner/heater could not keep the room warm enough. Cold air was streaming in around the door and picture window. Not sure if all rooms were like this, but it didn't matter. I guess you get what you pay for. Would advise against staying here in cold weather.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

In January, my family had reason to need multiple rooms for several days in Palmyra. The Budget Inn is in a great location; very comfortable beds; clean pleasant decor, super accomidating owners. We'd gladly stay here again. Barb C

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I were traveling South on Hwy 61, she was on the phone making reservations for a motel in Hannibal, it was getting late, the phone kept cutting out due to poor coverage, I saw the sign, we pulled in. WOW! We have paid a lot of money for rooms over the years and staying here made us feel so ripped off in the past it isn't funny. The service was excellent, the room decoration was excellent, the bed was excellent, the amenities were excellent. DO NOT stay at this motel if you want to feel as if you have been getting a good deal on accomodations in the past. DO stay here if you want a great deal on an excellent, clean, well decorated room for the night. After speaking with the owner/operator I can certainly imagine extended stays would be as wonderful. The only regret I have after staying here is I feel challenged as I am yet unable to adequately categorize the decorative motif.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Easy access-not too far from Hannibal, if that's where you'd like to go. Rooms are nice & very very clean; also have everything you need, beds are so comfortable-slept great! Rates are very reasonable, owners/staff are very friendly, helpful and will do their best to get you what you need. We really liked the town also and would definately stay there again, hopefully for a longer time. Don't care about a fitness center but a pool would have been GREAT!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Americas Best Value Inn- Monroe City
#5 of 10 in Hannibal
Days Inn - Hannibal
Days Inn - Hannibal
#6 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to Budget Inn Palmyra? Share your experiences!