“Can't Fix This”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pacific
Austin, Texas
“Can't Fix This”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad hotel overall, but what was severely lacking was customer service. This place is in the middle of a major renovation. Rolls of carpet adorn the lobby and the second floor (where we stayed) had freshly laid carpet that stunk of adhesive and was littered with debris from the work that went into putting in the carpet. They could have at least vacuumed.
What really got me was, amidst all this upheaval, not one person from the staff ever apologized for the mess. Customers who pay full price for less than quality accommodations should be offered a discount and an apology and, reservations made through Choice Hotels should inform the customer of the renovation and offer us another option. We took it all in stride, but by morning, when a big rig parked outside our room idled loudly and literally shook that entire end of the hotel, I was in no mood for anymore disruptions. So, when we were leaving, the elevator was being operated by one of the "workers" and told us we would have to wait until he came back down. When he did, a two members of the cleaning staff with a large rolling tub insisted we gather up our bags and make room on the elevator for them, making it extremely crowded. No "please", or "I'm sorry", or "thank you". Just "move". So, I am writing this to persuade future guests to reconsider staying at this property that shows an utter disregard for it's guests. On top of that, it is loud. The traffic noise from I-44 is relentless (and we were staying on the backside of the hotel). Apart from that, it was just an average Comfort Inn. There are better options available.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VinGins
Nick P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear VinGins,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback about your stay. We glad to know that our Hotel is "Not a bad hotel overall". As you can see from previous feedback we take pride in our customer service. I want to appologize on behalf of our staff performance not meeting up to your expectations. We are now finished with our renovation. I will be sure to speak with our staff to correct these problems so it will not happen again. Again we are sorry we fell below your expectations. We hope you keep us in your considerations the next time you are in this area. Thank You for chosing Comfort Inn Near Six Flags St. Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Easy to find, central located near Hwy. 44 housing service needs to understand the customers desires. Must understand the English Language. Sometimes the room was completely cleaned some times, half done.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Don't think we have stayed in a Comfort Inn and was very happy with the accommodations. Easy access off the expressway, VERY clean, comfortable beds, friendly check in and being dog people didn't even mind hearing dogs bark in the am on their way out. Recommend highly! Near six flags!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I called the Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis because we were looking for a place near Purina Farms, where we were to attend a dog show. Jan, the day manager, answered the phone. Her friendly manner gave me a good feeling and convinced me to stay there. I am glad I did. The hotel is a easy three or four mile drive from the venue. The Comfort Inn had everything I like in a hotel. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The television had lots of channels including HBO. I always worry about internet access when I stay somewhere and I realized I hadn't asked about it when I booked the room. I turned on my laptop and was very pleasantly surprised to find the fastest wireless connection I have found in an hotel to date. I did a speed-test and got over 20mb each time. We had two boxer puppies traveling with us and the Comfort Inn accommodated us all.
I don't write many reviews but I feel I can recommend the Comfort Inn. Call and don't forget to ask for Jan!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ChicagoRick
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Located right off the highway, Pet Friendly, Great Breakfast, and Rooms were equipped with Micro/Fridge. If coming in for dog show, I would reallyyyy suggest this hotel over the one near Purina Farms. Pool needed a little work, spoke to gentleman at the front desk and he said they were waiting for winter season to come to work on it. Conference room was filled with rolls of carpert so I think they are about to change there carpet and windows were taped off outside for painting. Hotel looks like they are going through a renovation process. Great hotel overall!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at how nice and clean and quiet this Comfort Inn is. It is right along the highway, and yet it was not noisy at all inside the building. Very clean, with a pleasant, helpful, and knowledgeable staff. We will stay here again if we are working in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacific
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
The Wildwood Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Comfort Inn & Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield
Super 8 Union
Super 8 Union
#1 of 1 in Union

Been to Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis? Share your experiences!