“Cleanliness”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ozark
Durango
“Cleanliness”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. The housekeeping ladies were very nice and seemed to do a thorough job with our room. The young lady, when we checked in was very friendly. I do have a problem with foreign run businesses. I do not like to give my money to help support countries that like to kill Americans. I had a very odd and unnerving experience one night. One evening, one of the managing family members (male) was reclined on the couch when I came inside and never looked at me. My little dog and I were up the second have of the 2nd flight of the stairs when I and my dog heard this loud noise from downstairs. I got inside the landing doorway and stepped aside. The family member was on the phone talking quietly and when he saw me he stopped short. I continued on to my room and he stayed in the hall behind me a short distance. He finally went by after I got to my room. Very strange.

The breakfast area was clean, but to tight quarters to be useful to more than a couple of people at a time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shelley W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Napoleon, Missouri
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stay at this Comfort Inn because it is close and convenient to friends that we visit in Ozark. This stay hotel/service was a little improved. Rooms appeared to be cleaner than last few visits. Coffee pot was clean, although I stil run through a pot of hot water to make sure. Check-in was accomplished without waitinig for 15 minutes. The young woman that checked us in was nice and courteous. Our key cards actually worked this time - never had to go down and ask for key cards to be made over - so big improvement on last time. Pool and hot tub area was clean and water was warm in pool, which is one reason we keep going back. However - there were never pool towels in the pool area - so once again had to go to front desk and get towels. To me this is still a big problem - walking wet and cold through lobby area and waiting at front desk for pool towel. Breakfast was not as good as normal. Eggs were cold, biscuits were cold. Very crowded in breakfast area as it is a very small space. The woman working in breakfast area seemed very nice and friendly. Will we go back? Probably, cause there isn't anything better in area unless you go into Springfield. But hoping to see improvements each time we stay.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms don't smell like cigarette smoke, although hallways always smell like cigaret...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gigi B
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April 2013, and i had a wonderful time! The desk clerks were very nice and enthusiastic. The room was super clean and well looking. The best part is the breakfast and pool room. The biscuits were warm, the waffles were wonderful,and so were the sausages. Also the pool room had was indoors and actually blue unlike my last hotel. The only thing from my perspective they needed to improve was getting a better desk for the computer in the lobby(which was new from the looks of it) and matching the carpet in the down-stairs with the up-stairs.But overall, I loved the stay and will come back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Henry196
Howard City, Michigan
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here in March 2013. The room was clean. The staff was excellent, always willing to help. Even though they work long hours they were always accomadating. The only draw back was the breakfast it was good but was not planned very well. They ran out of gravy for biscuits for a short time. But I have found this at other Comfort Inn's as well. Need to assign a staff member to do only the breakfast and nothing else. It seems that management is assigning additional duties along with breakfast duties. But over all it was good place to stay and will return. Also is close to Lambert's Resturant, which is an excellent place to eat. Home of The Throwed Rolls. Also there are about 5 Antique Stores within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
comfortinn773, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel! We appreciate your review and are glad you had a nice stay. We are so sorry for the problem with the biscuits, we have since then hired a staff member just to work at the breakfast. We have never run out of an item before and this was a first time for us also. We hope you come and stay with us again, without any issue.
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel is very old. It does not have an elevator. They tried to put us on the 2nd floor but we protested because we had a lot of things to carry into the room. There is not much to choose from in the area so we ended up here. They told us that it usually costs $89.00 a night but we could stay for $79.00. The Drury Inn we stayed in in Fenton was $89.00 a night a far exceeds this hotel in every aspect.

First of all it is old and smells bad. The pool area is falling apart and is very dimly lit. You can hardly see when swimming at night. Lots of rust along the edge of the pool and the hot tub. The furnishings were old and mismatched. The beds were uncomfortable and old. The pillows were smashed and gave no support. The TV is an old tube TV. The coffee was weak and the breakfast was cold. I mean COLD!

I give them 2 stars because when I complained about being on the 2nd floor when there is no elevator the girl quickly gave us a room on the ground floor. Nice customer service. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
comfortinn773, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We are so sorry to hear about your bad stay. We had renovated the building just a few years ago, and are getting all new furniture at the end of this year. We cannot help that there is no elevator, but are glad that this issue was solved when you requested a downstairs room. We warn our guests that the bottom floor is partly smoking so that is why we automatically give room upstairs, and we apologize if this was a problem for you. Also, regarding the pool room, we have since then installed another light and it is much better lit. We think you may have mistaken the paint color as rust, because the tiling around the pool and spa is just painted in that color. Additionally, we didn't really understand what you meant by our "old tube tv's" as we only got new flat screen LED Sony TV's last year. If you could please clarify, then we can solve this issue. Again, we apologize for your bad stay and hope to fix it in any means we can.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had reserved a room over the Choice Hotel's website and booked for one night in Ozark for a wedding of a friend's son. The wedding was at 2:00 pm and we arrived a couple hours early and tried to check in earlier than the 2:00 check in time. We were told by the young woman at the desk that it was company policy not to let anyone check in early. When asked if there was a room that we could at least get dressed in she told us the restroom would be the only thing. We have stayed at many Choice hotels in the past and have never had trouble checking in early if the hotel wasn't crowded which this one wasn't. We left and tried to find another hotel in the area that would allow us to check in early and had no problem doing so. When we went back to cancel the room for the night, the desk clerk was very uncooperative. She told us that we had to cancel the same way that we booked the room. Looking at our confirmation it said that the room couldn't be cancelled on line and that we would have to contact the hotel. She told me that she couldn't do that and then I asked what number was I to call since the only number on the confirmation form was their number. She then snipping at me said you have to call Priceline.com or Hotels.com which ever one I had used. At that point, I told her I had booked through the Choice Hotels website and then she grudgingly cancelled our room for the night. I don't think the girl had ever heard about good customer service or if she had she didn't apply it that day. Another couple that we knew also had reservations there and experienced much the same thing. Definitely would not even attempt to stay there again and would think twice about using any Choice Hotel again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
comfortinn773, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We are very disappointed to hear that you had such an experience with our employee. We train and test them regularly to see if they are properly and respectively accepting customers, and are not happy to hear that such an issue occurred with you. We have talked with the employee that you had a problem with and they have had to deal with the consequences. It is indeed in our policy that we do not accept guests earlier than the check in time unless we have clean rooms, and it is possible that we did not have the room you had requested clean at that time. Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you do not blame all Choice Hotels for one bad night, and also hope you can give us a chance to fix all of your issues.
Nixa
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have come to this location several times over the past 10 years. We have always received good service and usually stay in the "Jacuzzi room" on the second floor which has always been clean and fresh. The place is always quiet and the room rate is acceptable. The pool facility is nice and clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G C
comfortinn773, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel again and again to stay at! We appreciate your business and always look forward to seeing you every year. We are glad that you enjoy our rooms, facilities, and breakfast, and hope you continue telling others about the wonderful experiences you have here. Thank you for your review, and see you next time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
American Inn Ozark
#4 of 49 in Springfield
Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65
Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65
#20 of 49 in Springfield
Quality Inn - US65 & East Battlefield Rd.
Arbor Suites Medical Mile
Arbor Suites Medical Mile
#33 of 49 in Springfield

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!