“Not much of a choice in ozark”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ozark
Oak Grove, Missouri
“Not much of a choice in ozark”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for years when we come down to visit family. At least once a year. Truly there is such a limited choice in this area without traveling a distance that this is probably the best of the worst. It does appear clean, I have no problem with cleanliness of beds or rooms. I did think that they could keep the coffee maker in the rooms cleaner, as I had to clean it before I dared brewed my coffee. The bathrooms are a good size with a vanity the whole length of the bathroom. Rooms are a nice size. Breakfast is about the same at any free breakfast. Someone was always present to refill juices or milk, which is nice. Front desk could use an additional helper at checking or check out time. We had troubles with our room key not working, as did most of the guests while we were there. Keys worked about every fourth time you tried. Think we went down for keys to be remade three to four times on an overnight stay. I even suggested to the front desk clerk that she needed to contact the owner or boss, because people were going to start getting mad at her which it is not her fault they have faulty equipment. The one good thing about this pool that keeps me coming back is that the pool area is very nice. The temperature is comfortable and the pool water is actually heated to a nice temperature. Would be nice if they had the pool towels in the pool area. We always seem to forget them til we are wet, then have to walk to get them at front desk while dripping. Location is good, right off the highway, and easy to get to. Not far from a walmart or eating places.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
comfortinn773, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank your for reviewing your hotel and coming here repeatedly. We have addressed many of the issues you had during your stay, and hope that you will have a more smooth one next time. We have fixed all our doors and do not have problems with keys anymore, and have made it mandatory to have two employees when we have an abundance of rooms. We have also had all our equipment checked in the hotel, and even added a rack for towels in the pool area. Next time you come here, please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to help make your stay more comfortable. We value your thoughts and ideas, and look forward to seeing you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Napoleon, Missouri
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for years whenever we visit friends/family in Ozark. However, each time we stay we always say it will be the last. They do have non-smoking rooms, however the whole hotel smells like cigarette smoke! Even though we stayed in a non-smoking room, you can still smell cigarette smoke in the room, the smell comes in room anytime you open the door as the hallways reek of tobacco smoke. Our last visit was in November and when we arrived we had to wait 10 minutes for the front desk clerk to get off the phone with a customer making reservations. At 3:00 pm they need to have 2 front desk clerks, but I've never seen more than one. We were finally checked in, had 2 connecting rooms. Only one card key would work, so went back to front desk and reported problem and she made another key. This time it worked and we were able to get in our room. However, that was the last time our key worked. Kept going to front desk and clerk kept making us new keys. Fortunately we had left connecting door open so were able to go in through sister's room to get to ours. Never got a key that worked. Talked with several other customers in hallway who had keys that would not work. An older couple got so agitated, so helped the elderly man to the front desk where they made him another key, which worked, but next day was not working. Beds are so/so, usually too tired to really care and sheets have been clean as I always pull the covers back and check; they did smell freshly laundered. Breakfast was okay, half frozen muffins, bagels, cold cereal, but we don't expect much from a free breakfast. Breakfast area is really small, so when hotel is busy there is no place to sit. There is a nice TV in lobby, but who spends all their time in the lobby when paying for a hotel room. The day we checked out I had to turn the a/c on, which caused the lights in the room to blink off and on about every 3 minutes. Smoke alarm in our room was hanging from ceiling and not connected. Now for the good part - the pool area is wonderful! Always nice and warm, pool water warm and usually clean. The tile around pool is starting to crumble, but this last visit was the first time I had seen that, so hopefully will be repaired. Hot tub is hot and clean. The pool area is why we keep returning, very nicely decorated and the kids love the pool. Only problem is that they will not keep the pool towels in the pool area, so you have to go dripping to the lobby to get towels and usually have to wait several minutes before getting helped. Still up in the air if we will return here or not, keep hoping a Fairfield (Marriott) will be built close by, as there isn't many choices near where our friends/family live unless we want to go into Springfield or down to Branson, which would make us a 30 minute trip to get to and from family.

Room Tip: We have stayed on second floor and bottom floor - not sure if any are better than others - all smell...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Ozark hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 9, 2012

WORST HOTEL STAY EVER. No elevator and no ramps in this two-story hotel; entire place reeked of tobacco smoke, including our “nonsmoking room” (I woke up with a sore throat); heat/AC didn’t work (desk clerk couldn’t help, and apparently there were no maintenance personnel on site); side door to parking lot had a card reader, but the door could be opened without a key; room keys worked only once, then had to be reissued; adjustable shower head didn’t work; no screens in the windows; the soap bars were ridiculously small; the sofa sagged in the middle; and there was no desk in our suite. I asked the desk clerk (who was very courteous, but who was wearing a baseball cap, shorts, and no name tag or any other indication that he worked there) if we could extend our checkout time to noon; he said he “didn’t know.” This hotel needs to be razed and a new one built in its place (with a different operator). I can’t begin to tell you how disappointed I am in Choice Hotels for allowing this property to be part of its chain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We weren't sure where we were going to stay and pulled off to see if they had availability. It was okay, the pool was not cold and the hot tub was not overly hot, but comfortable. I had to go ask for towels for the pool because there wasn't any in the pool area. I think that they have new management. Breakfast area was okay, there wasn't any peanut butter for the bagels. Beds were comfortable, tried to turn the heater on and you could tell it hadn't run for awhile, it had a bad odor coming out of it so we didn't use it. If you get a room on the highway side, make sure that you have ear plugs or want to run the fan/heat/air all night. The highway noise is a bit bothersome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were checked in by a very young girl (we later found out she is the owner's daughter). The facility was old & very dated, but seemed fairly clean. It was EXTREMELY hot in the hallways, but our room cooled off quickly. We called downstairs to see if they had a rollaway, they did, but didn't know when they could deliver it as she was the only person working. My son went & helped her get it out of a closet and he brought it to our room.
Upon check-out, we were charged $10 for the rollaway. When we called and asked there was no mention of an upcharge for a rollaway. I certainly don't think I should have been charged for it if I wasn't told there was a charge AND I had to send someone in my family to get it. The woman who checked my husband out was rude. I went to try to work this $10 charge out with her and she was extremely rude and arrogant. She kept cutting me off and wouldn't let me talk. She told me I should have checked their website to see if there was a charge for the rollaway. She basically told me I was stupid to think that I wouldn't be charged for that. Everytime I tried to talk she would cut me off. I finally waited until she was finished and explained how I felt she was being rude. I told her I would be contacting Comfort Inn and she said she was an independent owner. She said she had never dealt w/rude customers like me. She needs to learn customer service and I suggested she train her employees (family) in customer service as well. WE WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!! It wasn't just that we were charged without warning...it was her attitude and condescending manner in which she spoke that completely turned us off.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Dee C
Leesburg, FL
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Large screen TV in lobby with comfortable seating, coffee and tea 24/7, friendly staff, clean rooms. No elevator, but staff accomodated my ground floor request. All King beds are on the second floor. Queen beds are on the ground floor. Surrounded by antique malls in easy walking distance. Close to Branson or Springfield.

Room Tip: Ask before you book if you need a frig for medications. There isn't one provided in this motel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ggleesburg
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed May 14, 2012

1. Our room was excellent and what we reserved.
2. Permitting smoking in the hotel and smoking rooms is a BIG negative. That smell is everywhere! I strongly recommend you ban smoking in the building and convert smoking rooms to non-smoking.
3. The TV in lobby needs repair.
4. The pool was very nice and adds considerably to the hotel.
5. The breakfast was so-so. I wish you had a bigger dining area. It was crowded very early.
6. The price is outstanding.

Room Tip: Well worth the price. Second floor has less smoke than first floor (at least it seem that way).
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Bruce W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
American Inn Ozark
#7 of 49 in Springfield
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
#11 of 49 in Springfield

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!