“pleasant stay”

Americas Best Value Inn- Ozark/Springfield
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ozark
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Stayed for a weekend while playing in a ball tournament. The hotel was very convienient to the fields. We found the hotel to be clean and tidy. The staff was very helpful. They helped alot with coordinating the reservations for a ball team of 15 year olds and the 18 rooms that we had. They offered a continential breakfast but we did not try it. The pool area was indoor and a little cramped for the large crowd that we had. They did have a nice size lobby with tables and chairs that were good for team meetings. The room did have a fridge and microwave which was a plus. Overall, I would recoomend this hotel. It was very nice for the price.

• Stayed: June 2009

Reviewed May 14, 2009

We have been staying at this Days Inn for over 11 years. Whenever we are in the area to visit our daughter and grandchildren we stay st this hotel and have always enjoyed the stay. We tried all the other local hotels which have changed brands and owners repeatedly while the Days Inn has remained. None of the others was a pleasant experience.

Our grandchildren come over and stay with us and spend time at the indoor pool. They are children and can be a little wild at times, as 9 - 13 year olds can be, and the management has always been tolerant and patient. We have to ask for towels for the pool, but they are gladly given. There are rules for the pool which we appreciate for the safety of our grandchildren and others using the pool.

The continental breakfast is about what is expected for a $60 room and better than many I have stayed in across the country. I travel for business regularly and have stayed in five star hotels in major cities around the world, along wth small hotels such as this Days Inn and, relatively speaking, this hotel can hold its own with any of them.

We also have found that this is a convenient location on I65 just south of Springfield, but without all the traffic. Lamberts is one exit north - home of the throw'd rolls. We can get to Springfield in 10 minutes for shoping or dining. We can get to Branson in about 30 minutes for shows. We can get to Silver Dollar City in about 45 minutes for fun at this outstanding theme park. And we are right at the entrance to the Ozark mountains for outdoor adventures along with Table Rock Lake for boating and fishing.

We look forward to many more years of staying at Ozark Days Inn to visit our small family.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I've stayed in many hotels in the past. Many were much more expensive (some even twice the price) than this one, but I can say one thing...I have never stayed in a cleaner room than the one in this hotel. I read some of the negative reviews about this hotel before I stayed there, but I decided to give it a try anyway. Boy, was I surprised! The staff were as friendly as can be...very hospitable and accommodating! We had a few questions about Lamberts restaurant as we had never been there before and the manager went out of his way (even though the hotel was busy) to THOROUGHLY explain where the restaurant was, and he even gave us a coupon for a free cinnamon roll. The room I stayed in had a refrigerator and microwave...some amenities even significantly more expensive hotels do not provide. The room included free high-speed wireless internet. The pool and spa were very clean. The water was crystal clear unlike some of the 'cloudy' water I have seen at many other hotels. To sum it up, the hotel was very well taken care of (unlike a lot of others), and the staff were very friendly...which made me feel at home! I would give this place a 10 out of 5 if I could!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2009

I have stayed at this Hotel an average of twice a month for the past 8 years and have always been very impressed with the Owners,housekeeping,food,and pleasant atmosphere.I stay at Hotels twice a week and this is the best by far.The pool and hot tub are a great attraction and are always clean and inviting.You have a wide selection of eateries and shopping that are in close proximity to the Hotel.The Hotel is very easy to get to from Hihgway 65 and can be seen from the exit. This is between Branson and Springfield,Mo..One main attraction for this area is Lambert's Cafe (home of throwed rolls).I'm confident you'll be pleased with tour stay,I always am.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 6, 2009

Our stay at Days Inn was a pleasant experience. The front desk was helpful and answered our questions about places to eat. The room was clean and they even had a breakfast which helped us get on the road and not have to stop along the way to eat.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2008

This hotel was booked by a person in our group of about 20 that was looking for quality as well as value for a weekend tournament in Springfield, MO. We were looking for pool amenities for the kids as well as a value priced room for the adults. Customer service was believed to be a given, it was a Days Inn after all. WOW were we proven wrong! The staff was RUDE! We thought maybe it was limited to the reservations or check in staff, little did we know it was independently owned and the family that owned it was not only management, but maintenance and housekeeping as well. Upon filing a complaint with Days Inn, we were informed this was an independently owned franchise, and as far as we're concerned, Days Inn would profit significantly by excluding them from ownership! Because of this experience, we may never include Days Inn in our travel plans again, and we've stayed at several! They had more rules posted than an international airport! We had children, of which they were informed upon check-in, and were put on the second floor and when our kids ran in the hall before 8 pm, we were scolded. We requested a first floor room, told them we couldn't guarantee the kids may not jump, stomp, etc. We were told we were more than welcome to leave, no first floor rooms were available. Trust me, we would have, had there not been at least 6 more rooms in our group due to arrive. Towels for the pool were sacred, don't leave the continental breakfast without a lid on your cup...the rules were unbelievable! After we called in our concern that the heat didn't work on our second night of staying there as we tolerated it after the child complaint the first night, the front desk, I believe was the manager's wife, as they spoke a foreign language amongst themselves, advised someone would be up. I asked if they knew how long. I heard angry shouting in the background, in a foreign language, and when the manager showed up, he didn't speak to us until I asked if we had done something wrong. After removing the cover and banging on the appliance he said no and left. Granted it did work for the second half of our stay, but how crappy do you really need to treat people who are paying you to stay there? Another person in our group was asked to put up $150 in cash, although the rooms were guranteed in reservations, because he chose to pay in cash. During our stay, our 6 year old had the flu, managed to get sick on both beds. I bundled up everything that was affected, and left a note on the beds advising what had happened and why I had stripped the beds. Having worked in resorts before, I felt this was the responsible thing to do. Housekeeping was only able to replace one of the bedspreads...evidently there was a flu epidemic in the motel, because I realize, bedspreads are never laundered after every stay at most places...but it might be a good idea to have more than one spare! Point being...if it sounds like a good deal, it's not! And evidently Days Inn isn't interested in the fact that their name is on this motel, as they have had limited response as well! And it truly amazes me this place carries a 3.5 star rating after 6 ratings before this, when my math puts them at about a 2.8! I wish I had taken pics of all the posted rules, but didn't have the foresight to do so...I figured Days Inn would take some responsibility and try to make things right, because I realized the staff on location didn't care at all about customer service. My advice...if you ignore the reviews and give them a chance anyway...good luck to you!

Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank Den4
Reviewed February 16, 2008

We spent 2 nights at the Days Inn in Ozark Missouri during the February ice storm. We only live a few miles away - but were out of power for 4 days and decided we weren't much for "camping" at home....

I would have been happy with very basic services, but was pleasantly surpised with the Days Inn. They have an excellent staff, nice indoor pool / spa, large clean rooms, and a continental breakfast. It was a great deal @ $60 / night.

The hotel is walking distance to a Shoneys, Taco Bell and Rib Crib. It is a 10 minute drive to Springfield and 30 minute drive to Branson. The indoor pool is nice enough that I'll get a room in the future just to take my 3 year old grand daughter swimming.

Thanks Days Inn!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
American Inn Ozark
American Inn Ozark
#3 of 4 in Ozark
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 4 in Ozark
Super 8 Nixa/Springfield Area

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Ozark/Springfield? Share your experiences!