“Great atmosphere and food”
Review of Lambert's II

Lambert's II
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Ozark
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Lambert's not only has great food, it is also a lot of fun. They serve good home style food in huge portions. The taste reminds me of the food I enjoyed growing up. They also have several things that makes it a lot of fun to eat here. They have servers walking around with pots full of free food such as; fried potatoes and onions, black eyed peas, macaroni and tomatoes, sorghum molasses as well as fried okra. This also the home of the famous "Throwed Rolls". A server will be walking around the restaurant with a cart of delicious, hot, homemade rolls. You just wave your hand and he will zing one across the restaurant to you. It is a lot of fun. I took my Marine Biology class here after they toured the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery. They loves it. In addition, the restaurant gave us a huge free order of hog jowls. My students were a little leery of them at first, but once they tried the hog jowls, they loved them. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,864)

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had a fun time at Lambert's Cafe! The food was great and definitely tasted like home cooking. Of course, Lambert's is known for it's Thrown Rolls, and they are wonderful -- if you can catch them! Our server was very nice and helpful, and we certainly appreciated her and all the little tips she gave us on ordering our food. We did have about a 25 minute wait to get in, and more of a wait once we were seated, so it's not a place to go if you're on a time limit. Also, we browsed in the gift shop a bit and the cashier was not very friendly or helpful, so we did not purchase anything. All in all, though, it was a pleasant experience.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The wait time can be long, however we went during a less busy tourism season and we were seated promptly even with 11 people. The food is excellent and the staff are great. Even if you go doing the busy traveling season the wait isn't too bad and you will enjoy the great food, the side dishes and of course the throwed rolls:)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great food! Huge portions! Throwed rolls! What's not to like? Yes, I said throwed rolls! They bring them out into the dining room straight from the oven so they are still pleanty warm. The server just watches for patrons to hold up their hands, indicating they want, and are ready to catch a big fluffy roll. The server then tosses them across the room with pinpoint accuracy! (Well ok, most of the time he has pinpoint accuracy.) Sometimes he will even stop and juggle some rolls or do special tosses like over the shoulder or backwards. The home cooked food is served in VERY generous portions and is delicious. There are other servers roaming the restaurant with various "pass arounds" such as Fried Okra, Stewed tomatoes, fried potatoes, Black eyed peas, etc. These items are included with each meal. They have some unique things available on the menu that you won't find in other restaurants! You can't go wrong here! Yes, you will likely encounter a bit of a wait to get in, but it is usually not that bad. We were last there on a Sunday afternoon about 1:00pm and the wait was only 40 min. If you go expecting this kind of a wait up front, then you will not mind it so much. It IS worth the wait!! So what are you waiting for? Go catch a roll today!!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have been going to Lambert's since I was a little kid and they were in the old building- New building is much bigger and nicer- Be prepared to wait in lines...I have waited up to an hour before...There is a nice gameroom for children right by the entry- Sometimes a sweet lady is playing the piano while you dine....Soda/Water comes in huge jugs- Booths are also huge- Decor is very interesting and of course they "Throw" hot rolls at you.....They also have "fixings' that come around that you can add to your dinner at no cost.---Fried Okra- Mac/Tomatoes- Black eye Peas and Sorghum ....I always order the Hog Jowl (yummy) some people order bread and eat it like a bacon sandwich but either way is fine for me...As you leave there is a gift shop---Also not sure if it changed but they did not take Debit/Credit cards....I recall one time the ATM was out of serivce as well so while my family was eating I had to leave to go to the local grocery store to get cash out.... so make sure you have plenty on hand...I think our order was around 60 dollars......Kiddos love it....:)

Been to Lambert's II? Share your experiences!