“Lambert's Cafe, Ozark, Mo.”
Review of Lambert's II

Lambert's II
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Ozark
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great food! Huge portions! Throwed rolls! What's not to like? Yes, I said throwed rolls! They bring them out into the dining room straight from the oven so they are still pleanty warm. The server just watches for patrons to hold up their hands, indicating they want, and are ready to catch a big fluffy roll. The server then tosses them across the room with pinpoint accuracy! (Well ok, most of the time he has pinpoint accuracy.) Sometimes he will even stop and juggle some rolls or do special tosses like over the shoulder or backwards. The home cooked food is served in VERY generous portions and is delicious. There are other servers roaming the restaurant with various "pass arounds" such as Fried Okra, Stewed tomatoes, fried potatoes, Black eyed peas, etc. These items are included with each meal. They have some unique things available on the menu that you won't find in other restaurants! You can't go wrong here! Yes, you will likely encounter a bit of a wait to get in, but it is usually not that bad. We were last there on a Sunday afternoon about 1:00pm and the wait was only 40 min. If you go expecting this kind of a wait up front, then you will not mind it so much. It IS worth the wait!! So what are you waiting for? Go catch a roll today!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,894)

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have been going to Lambert's since I was a little kid and they were in the old building- New building is much bigger and nicer- Be prepared to wait in lines...I have waited up to an hour before...There is a nice gameroom for children right by the entry- Sometimes a sweet lady is playing the piano while you dine....Soda/Water comes in huge jugs- Booths are also huge- Decor is very interesting and of course they "Throw" hot rolls at you.....They also have "fixings' that come around that you can add to your dinner at no cost.---Fried Okra- Mac/Tomatoes- Black eye Peas and Sorghum ....I always order the Hog Jowl (yummy) some people order bread and eat it like a bacon sandwich but either way is fine for me...As you leave there is a gift shop---Also not sure if it changed but they did not take Debit/Credit cards....I recall one time the ATM was out of serivce as well so while my family was eating I had to leave to go to the local grocery store to get cash out.... so make sure you have plenty on hand...I think our order was around 60 dollars......Kiddos love it....:)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We arrived at Lamberts and must have hit a lull time because we were seated right away. Our orders were taken promptly. The throwed rolls guy came around and it's always an adventure to catch them. These rolls are so good especially with the sorgham. They brought around so many "pass arounds" that by the time my dinner came I was pretty much full. Two of our group ordered the pork chops and really got 4 big slices of pork tenderloin. I got the fried chicken and was brought the biggest leg, wing and breast I have seen. All four of us left very full AND we had enough leftovers for dinner the next night and then some. If you are in the area, go to Lamberts even if you have to wait a while....so worth it!!!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My son and daughter in law took me here when I was in Missouri for a visit. When they told me the restaurant threw rolls at you I thought they were pulling my leg. But they actually do!!! And I must say they are the best tasting yeast rolls.
The restaurant has excellent country cooking with fun atomosphere. The price is very reasonable, especially with the size of the portions. There is a huge selection of different dinner choices, which also come with two side orders. Not only do you get two side orders with the meal, they have employees walking around with 5 additional sides that they offer at your table through out your meal. So you also can have up to 7 sides, with 2nd,3rds and fourths, if desired. The table side orders are, fried potatoes, mac and tomatoe, white beans, fried okra, etc.
Now for the rolls... They are piping hot, and an employee comes out with tray fulls of rolls on a cart. The customers raise hands if they would like a roll, that employee throws a roll to them, if you miss thats ok, they will throw another. Its a very fun atomosphere. Service is great, lots of attention.
They dont take debit or credit cards,only cash. I assume its to keep the costs down so they can provide their customers with the quantity of food they give at a reasonable price.
So if you would like a very unique dining experience with great food and value, come to Lambert's.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We eat at Lamberts anytime that we go through the Ozark area. You usually have to wait, but don't worry, it is well worth it! The food is so wonderful, the atmosphere is warm and inviting and it is a great time as well as a great meal. The rolls are as great as they say, and they come around to your table with great home cooked food like fried okra and potatoes, all kinds of things. If you're going through the area, don't miss out on eating at Lamberts! Believe it or not, the price is reasonable too. You can eat a great home cooked meal for less money at Lamberts than you pay for the stuff at Applebees.

Been to Lambert's II? Share your experiences!