“Amazing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Lawrence, Kansas
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I ate there twice in two days. I think I gained ten pounds. Amazing down home cooking. No complaints. I would drive 2 hours out of my way to eat there.

Visited December 2012

Oklahoma City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun environment and good food”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stopped at the restaurant on the way back home from our Branson trip. We did have a one hour wait but it was worth it. My family loved the food and the service was good. We loved the homestyle food and the rolls rocked. My teen and parents got a kick out of the rolls being tossed.. I bought rolls and a cinamon roll to go. The next time we visit Branson, Lamberts will be a stop.

• Visited November 2012
“Fun schtick, a little better than average food”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family and I stopped at Lambert's II on the way to Branson. We intentionally scheduled our stop around 1:30 in hopes of avoiding the lunch rush. We were pleased to find that we had a 15 minute way, considering we were a party of 7.

Upon entering the dining area we were pleased to find it fun, friendly, up beat and a little loud. Almost as soon as we sat down, "hot rolls" were announced and we turned to begin the fun of catching them. Not only was that fun, but the fruits of our catch were excellent. The rolls are among the best restaurant rolls I have ever had. All the family agreed, they are almost as good as mom's.

The meals are plentiful and overflowing, to say the least. At our table we sampled the chicken fried steak, fried chicken, meatloaf, hamburger, chicken leg, among several sides. We found the service very attentive and always had our drinks full, plenty of "pass around" sides offered, and all the rolls we could desire.

Definitely a stop for the experience. I wouldn't rate it on my list of top 10 meals, but I did enjoy the experience and for that would rate it as a top place to visit and eat.

Hamilton, Montana
“Fun time and good food.”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This is a tourist stop and it is a fun experience. Yes they will throw the rolls at you. Large restaurant with the 50 flags hanging from the ceiling, good music playing and a ridiculous amount of food. One you get your food they will walk around and offer you a spoonful of fried potatoes, black eyed peas, macaroni, fried okra and your beverage comes in a gigantic jug. Good silly fun with alot of food.

saskatchewan
“The Throwed Rolls are a Good Catch”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Little I did I think I'd find myself eating a huge rack of ribs at 11:00 a.m., but "When in the Ozarks" it seemed like the thing to do. Had I been aware that there would be an endless supply of deep-fried okra, macaronie and tomatoes, pan-fried potatoes and those flying rolls, I might not have opted for the ribs. Nevertheless they were excellent and a good value for the money. My wife and I weren't so keen on the turnip greens, but that was the only negative thing about the eating experience at Lambert's. We're very glad we arrived early because they were lined up out in the parking lot by noon. If I'm ever in the Branson/Springfield area again, I'll be sure to return.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Lambert's II? Share your experiences!