“Hot food, friendly service ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marley's Dinner House - CLOSED

Marley's Dinner House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
“Hot food, friendly service ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Great friendly service, hot fresh food. I would go back!

Our server was so nice. She asked if we had been there, and we hadn't. She mentioned we could split and that made it awesome! My husband and I both love food :) so our $21 dollar meal would have been way more and probably less worth it if we had not
Of split. No splitting charge, 4 pieces of chicken, plenty of veggies, salad, and rolls to spilt. I felt expensive at first glance but go with a friend or loved one and split. So yummy.

4 Thank Kelsie Y

Ozark, Missouri
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I was treated to dinner at Marley's as a mothers' day present. It was great! I had the fried chicken. It came with a salad that was tossed at our table. Rolls and corn fritters also. The chicken was served with potatoes, green beans and carrots. Everything was hot and fresh. Great place to enjoy a special dinner.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Cindi C
MO
“Expensive n Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We felt the service was good: also the salad was nicely dressed. We had not been to Riverside Inn so we did not compare our experience to that. The chicken was OK but not worth $16.95. Won't return.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank SomethingElse329
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Real Deal Fried Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I don't know of Riverside or care as I'm new to the area...after reading all the reviews...
people let it go!
Stopped by to try this alleged Fried Chicken and was VERY impressed!! Savory crust, not too salty and very flavorful...big house salad, green beans with bacon, real mashed potatoes (didn't like the weird white gravy), some kind of sweet hush puppy and a roll for $16...heck yea!
If the price is too high just go to the gas station accross the street or Lamberts and get your grub on...I cant wait to again, again and again!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank DOMINARJVC
Ozark, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Doesn't even compare to Riverside”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I went to the Riverside Inn many times. I even attended a birthday party there where we had the whole place to ourselves. It had the best atmosphere; old pictures, antique furniture, a large walk out balcony overlooking the river and a history (built in 1923 and rumored to be haunted). The fried chicken was the best and it included grapes, cheese, crackers and olives as an appetizer (and of course the usual sides). I was highly disappointed when I went to Marleys. Their prices are outrageous compared to the prices at Riverside, which were very reasonable. Not to mention that the food quality wasn't even close to as good and it didn't include the grapes, cheese, crackers and olives. The atmosphere at Marleys is the same as the restaurant that was there before (nothing special). Tearing down the riverside inn was a horrible mistake, it was definitely something special. I will not be eating at Marleys again because the one time I ate there I felt robbed. I miss Riverside and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank LuckyLibra37
Engel20132014, Manager at Marley's Dinner House, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for visiting Marley's. I'm very sorry you didn't have the dining experience you desired. We are so thankful for all of our previous customers of Riverside who frequent Marley's. While we try to continue Riverside traditions we have made a few changes. We would give anything if we could be serving our fried chicken on the Finley as we had for many years. Riverside can never be duplicated but we hope to continue the tradition of serving great food, excellent service and a charming atmosphere. At Marley's we still offer a cheese tray and soup but is sold separately to keep cost down. The Inn had been closed for four years and our chicken is priced $2.00 cheaper at Marley's. We continue to believe in large portions. All dinners (excluding Paleo) include, Tossed Salad, Green Beans, Carrots, Potato, Corn Fritters and Dinner Rolls. We appreciate your feedback and will take your suggestions seriously . Thank you once again.