“Doesn't even compare to Riverside”
Review of Marley's Dinner House - CLOSED

Marley's Dinner House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I went to the Riverside Inn many times. I even attended a birthday party there where we had the whole place to ourselves. It had the best atmosphere; old pictures, antique furniture, a large walk out balcony overlooking the river and a history (built in 1923 and rumored to be haunted). The fried chicken was the best and it included grapes, cheese, crackers and olives as an appetizer (and of course the usual sides). I was highly disappointed when I went to Marleys. Their prices are outrageous compared to the prices at Riverside, which were very reasonable. Not to mention that the food quality wasn't even close to as good and it didn't include the grapes, cheese, crackers and olives. The atmosphere at Marleys is the same as the restaurant that was there before (nothing special). Tearing down the riverside inn was a horrible mistake, it was definitely something special. I will not be eating at Marleys again because the one time I ate there I felt robbed. I miss Riverside and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

1  Thank LuckyLibra37
Engel20132014, Manager at Marley's Dinner House, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you for visiting Marley's. I'm very sorry you didn't have the dining experience you desired. We are so thankful for all of our previous customers of Riverside who frequent Marley's. While we try to continue Riverside traditions we have made a few changes. We would give anything if we could be serving our fried chicken on the Finley as we had for many years. Riverside can never be duplicated but we hope to continue the tradition of serving great food, excellent service and a charming atmosphere. At Marley's we still offer a cheese tray and soup but is sold separately to keep cost down. The Inn had been closed for four years and our chicken is priced $2.00 cheaper at Marley's. We continue to believe in large portions. All dinners (excluding Paleo) include, Tossed Salad, Green Beans, Carrots, Potato, Corn Fritters and Dinner Rolls. We appreciate your feedback and will take your suggestions seriously . Thank you once again.

There are newer reviews for Marley's Dinner House

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Wifey and I like to have dinner at Marley's. The fried chicken is superb and it's plentiful as well. This will cost you a couple of extra bucks for dinner, but it's pretty good. You'll be seeing me there again! Opening time was circa 5PM...check before arriving. The restaurant fills up fast for dinner.

1  Thank Riley2002

Thank you so much for visiting Marley's. I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner. We work hard to uphold our reputation of excellent food and service. We look foward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Our family loves going to Marley's! You wouldn't know by looking on the outside but this place is a secret that everyone should enjoy. This is not your typical food chain that is over priced w/ small platters. We enjoy the fried chicken and even more on Wednesday evenings special, I think around $13. Every meal includes homemade breadsticks, salad, green beans, carrots, and potato, plus a half of chicken (seriously a breast, leg, thigh, and wing) plus homemade fritters and rolls. That is a lot of delicious food! The staff is amazing you really get the family feel when dinning there. Though the building itself doesn't have history, this place was dedicated to very special lady that worked at Riverside Inn and created the fried chicken. When my husband and I don't have the kids we enjoy relaxing at the bar that is secluded from the dinning area...we love getting away to Marley's it doesn't even feel like your in Ozark

1  Thank lynn p
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Not worth the price. The food was good, but go down to Gateway to get the same home style meal for a fraction of the price. Still has the style of the Mexican restaurant the suite used to be... Weird.

1  Thank Dani12378
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We brought friends from out of town to Marley's for dinner, and we all ordered fried chicken. I enjoyed every bite, from the herb breadsticks, fresh salad, bread, vegetables, to the wonderful chicken!! I was especially happy the carrots were still part of the menu. The coffee was hot and delicious and replenished often. Our waitress was friendly and attentive, but not hovering. We took enough left overs home for an entire meal the next day. The only disappointing thing about Marley's is the missing Riverside art, but everything else is there. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank cfos725