“Enjoyed the Old Riverside Chicken Dinner”
Review of Marley's Dinner House - CLOSED

Marley's Dinner House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

There were 6 of us on a Friday night in a large booth for 6. We all had the speciality fried chicken dinner with all the trimmings. Enjoyed the food. There is a lot of food so most would be wise to split if you select chicken. Being use to the old Riverside location which had atmosphere, it is not quite the same. The new location is fine--just not the same!! Next time I will try something else. I just had to have the chicken on my first time to the new Marleys.

3  Thank Finngrey

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My father and I went to Marley's on a Tuesday evening just to try it out. I was completely impressed with the wait staff (specifically our waiter, Brian) My father ordered the fried chicken and requested no salad as a starter, Brian brought him out a cup of soup to start with free of charge because he did not want to leave him with nothing. I ordered a top sirloin medium rare and when it came out it was a little past medium rare. It was a wonderful tasting steak so I did not complain or say anything at all but when Brian came to check on us, he noticed that it was not medium rare and said he would take care of it. He came back to explain that the chef is very particular and wants to make all food perfectly so he put another steak on the grill for me and took care of the charge. It was a wonderful surprise that the wait staff and restaurant management take care of their customers and make sure that your experience is a wonderful one!! Highly recommended!!

3  Thank Tristin R
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

… We won't be going back.

We met friends for dinner on a Saturday evening. We arrived at 5 o'clock and settled in for an enjoyable evening of conversation and food.

Our server was friendly and efficient, and the food was tasty. However, there were some things about Marley's that were disappointing.

Our greatest disappointment was with the ownership of the restaurant. The owner seem to hover around the dining room orchestrating the activities of servers in a way that made us uncomfortable. Also as the evening went on, by his hovering around our table he made it very clear that he was ready for us to give up our table for other patrons.

Were it not for the price of the meal (in total around $75 Per couple without alcohol) it might've been reasonable to expect us to turn the table quickly. But we were there for a dining experience not a fast food experience.

Next time, my wife and I will opt for a different restaurant. There are plenty of options available where we can enjoy an evening of dinner and conversation without feeling rushed and where the value of the meal is more evident.

1  Thank Kent A
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We went to Marley's. It had received some favorable reviews as being a successor to the fabled Riverside Inn.
The good. The restaurant is a nice place, even cloth napkins add to the overall impression. Service as great. Our waitress took very good care of us.
The rest of the story. The first thing we experienced was sticker shock. We expected your everyday family restaurant and what I thought was the place has aspirations to be a supper club. Imagine fried chicked for $16.00 a plate. And while the fried chicken was good I could have had equally good chicken at Popeye's for 1/4 the price. My wife and daughter also had chicken breasts with a type of cream sauce. Also each about $16.00 a plate. Those were just about the least expensive items on the menu. Along with the chicken came a green salad, green beans, baby carrots and potatoes. The beans and carrots were particularly good. They came with a sweet glaze that gave them a bit of a smokey flavor. The potatoes were also tasty and not just bland. The salad was mixed right at the table. I watched as it was prepared and saw only a few of the ingredients, oil and what appeared to be parmesan cheese. After tasting it I asked when the vinegar had been added. The waitress said she did that before bringing it to the table. Seems she added about 2 or 3 spoon of parmesan. It was salty. I mean I've had salt that was not that salty.
Bottom line: The place is a little bit pricey, and for the steak and seafood entres more than just a little pricey. If cost is no object the food for the most part is pretty good. If value is important there are many alternatives.

2  Thank Richard M
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Well worth the 30 minute wait on weekends! A very comfortable place to have a meal. It is good as a special date or just feeding the family. Their fried chicken is famous. The menu is limited but, what they do, they do it very well. We are weekly patrons.

3  Thank Cindi C