“Watch your stay/cancellation policy here.”
Review of American Inn Ozark

American Inn Ozark
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ozark
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Watch your stay/cancellation policy here.”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

When calling for reservations early on - months before needing, got the manager and in talking and getting all information needed for our group of 8 (final count was 5 rooms), we were told the cancellation policy was 7 DAYS ! ! ! WOW ! ! In trying to ''talk'' and understand this manager, he said, then 24 hrs. (with one room needing to be on ground floor). In cancelling within the policy - both 7 days and 24 hrs, he ''changes'' our rooms to upper floors and back to 7 days ! ! This should have been a clue to look elseware, but we continued, sinse it was a night stop-passing thru the area. Rooms were adequet - but won't stay here again. Manager very hard to understand, and ''changes'' the policies - - beware....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ddwess

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Missouri
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I rented two rooms for four of my workers working in the area. We needed to stay one more night, Sunday night, and the lady at the desk said "No Problem." The male owner or manager came up to my people and told them that they would not be allowed to stay on Sunday evening unless I faxed him my credit card information along with a picture ID of myself. They already had all my credit information. So, I booked them across the street at the Days INN, a much cleaner, nicer hotel. This male owner/manager after throwing my guys out, still charged my credit card for an additional night, told me after I found out that he would credit my account the next morning, but did not. This guy is a crook, you can't understand a word he says and I would never pay money to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank tomboMissouri

Travelers are raving about these Ozark hotels

Ofallon, MO
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Well after finally finding the hotel, we walked in the lobby and were shocked when we used a online website that offered one rate and said it was paid then when we checked in he took our credit card and ran it for a cheaper amount. We asked if he was charging us twice and he said no, they charge a higher rate w/ commission. So once we got our room we found our room to be very smelly, not just the smell of smoke (Smoking room). Then the bathtub had slimy scum on the bottom of it that needed to be washed out. We found candy nerds on the side of the bed that should have been vacuumed up prior to our stay. The window sill had black suit and dust all over it, the chairs had stains on them that were highly viable. Besides that the rooms were sort of quiet when things were not hitting the wall on the other side of us. The ice machine was all the way on the first floor by the lobby. Ok if you need a stop for a night, or a hourly thing but not anything other than that in our opinion.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stlouisx50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
Quality Inn
Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65
Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65
#20 of 49 in Springfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield

Been to American Inn Ozark? Share your experiences!