American Inn Ozark
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ozark
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I came out to Missouri, to work from Texas and three days into my stay I broke my ankle in two places and my thumb. I originally stayed at the comfort inn until I broke my ankle. It was to expensive and the owner was not friendly. I moved to the American Inn in Ozark, and stayed for a month visiting with doctors. Not only was the owner " Anil" friendly and hospitable but he also treated me like family. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The owner noticed that I was on crutches and asked me if I could use extra pillows to elevate my leg. I enjoyed the brand new heat and air unit that was recently put in. I took advantage of the breakfast each morning from great waffles to cereal, bagels, toast and good coffee. I noticed on the reviews that JM said the food was horrible especially the eggs and sausage, first of all American Inn never served eggs or sausage but the comfort inn did maybe, that is where JM actually stayed. Just wanted to verify JM's bogus review. Overall I give the American Inn an A+.

Room Tip: The rooms leading directly outdoors.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Southlakekim

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed at this motel for alot of times. And have been happy all the times I have stayed here. There is no problem that I have ever had. The beds are comfy the OWNER is amazing he would make us waffles in the mornings. May not be any eggs or meats available but there was fruit bagels waffles orange juice and amazing coffee. I would continue to come back here and stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I lived in this Hotel for 6 months arriving from California to make a new home in Missouri. I just read comments from two reviews and I am confused. JM stated the eggs were hard, sausage wasn’t warm, and milk seems spoiled, are you sure you are talking about the right hotel? In my 6 months stay they have never served eggs or sausage and the milk gets used so fast it would not have a chance to spoil. The owner makes really good waffles occasionally, which I have heard many guests rave about. Katie there is hot water in the hotel; I am not sure what happen to you? In my 6 month that I stayed I seen a lot of customer come and go very satisfied with the hotel. I personally got to know the owner who is makes a big effort to satisfy his customers, has a warm and friendly attitude. I personally recommend the hotel otherwise I would not have lived there for 6 months while searching for a home to buy.

Room Tip: The hotel has selected rooms that can be entered from the outside and inside of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dale L
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place was clean and if you need a night off the road for a quick snooze, then this is what you need. Dont expect to take a warm shower though. There was no hot water. The linens on the bed were all wrong. The fitted sheet was too large and kept coming off. The comforter was thin at best. There was a spare thick blanket in the drawer, but it didnt appear to have been cleaned in a good while. No disposable cups, coffee maker, fridge, hair dryer, microwave in room. For 60.00/night these are things one expects. Breakfast was late. I had to ask to get breakfast going so I could feed my kid. I felt if I was paying so much for the room I was going to get the "continental" breakfast I paid for as well. Not a great stay. We had one bed room and there was not even a couch to spruce up the room and offer seating. Just a hole where something needed to be. No coffee/kitchen table. Not worth the price of staying here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katie C
Reviewed December 17, 2012

It was such a pleasure to find the American Inn in Ozark during our recent trip from California to Missouri. The room was clean and comfortable. My husband and I were finally able to relax and enjoy ourselves. The manager was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed including the extra pillows we requested. Our cat was welcome here. The continental breakfast was very good and the menu was slightly different every morning we stayed there. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Ozark, Missouri.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Wonderfull Accommaditions, Great Service, & Courteous Staff. The breakfast was a contenential breakfast just as we were told at the time of Check Inn. Rooms were very clean and comfortable they even made out pet cat feel at home Wonderful overall expeience. Very honest and respectfull Staff who were diligent in their job of making our stay a plesent one If you are in the Ozark or Branson, MO area I Highly recommend this Motel for your stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Room was clean & bed pretty comfortable.
Breakfast was pitiful at best. White bread for toast, 4 cereal choices, bananas, juice, coffee, and milk. Was told there would be waffle maker- NOT! Told there was bagels- NOT!
No coffee makers in room. No cups inbathroom. No hairdryer (was available if you asked at the office- not much good after the fact.)
If you just want a room to sleep- OK. If you want more- NO GO!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
Quality Inn
#20 of 51 in Springfield
13 mi away
Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven
Americas Best Value Inn- Ozark/Springfield

Been to American Inn Ozark? Share your experiences!