“Happy Days”

Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Diner
Good for: Families with children
“Happy Days”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The building appears to be from the 1950's, not built new to look old. With a previous experience we dined inside. This time we stayed in our car. They offer curb service so the customer never has to leave their car. This is completely different from "drive thru". Both experiences offered good service. The hamburgers with fries was also pretty good. Four hamburgers with two bags of fries including tax and tip totaled about 20 dollars. We considered that to be pretty reasonable. Overall, this was a step back in time.

• Visited February 2014

Washington, Missouri
“Go for the food, not the decor!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Originally we intended to eat inside... however the rock hard benches and weird ambiance made us decide to get everything to go and eat in the car in a bit more comfort. Seriously delicious food. You can't really mess up onion rings drenched in cheese sauce, but... those burgers are absolutely to die for.

Granite City, Illinois
“Yum!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My fiance and I stopped in for lunch (the one in St. John) and it was great! Loved the burgers, regular fries, and malt. Nostalgic for sure- we plan on going there for lunch on Tuesdays for the rest of the semester :)

“Still tasty”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My boyfriend had never been so we stopped by for lunch on a Saturday early afternoon. The place was busy! He had a patty melt and onion rings and enjoyed both. I had the single burger which was delicious. It's a thin patty, much like a steakburger. I also had the curly fries, which are very yummy. (The regular fries are pretty average.) We both had chocolate malts which tasted good, but not exceptional. These were served is frosted glasses and are too think to use the straw!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“My favorite St. Louis burger spot”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Always consistent and just plain simple food with great taste. It is a classic, but the owner Ron, as glad as I am that he has kept the place going, has let the facility slip. I understand if money is tight, but I can see how customers can be put off by the shabby old joint. I will continue to go.

• Visited August 2013