“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
Springfield, Missouri
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed here in April 2013 with my mom and sister for one night. It was very convenient to the outlet mall, where my sister wanted to go. It is also centrally located along the osage parkway, so it's about equal distance either way where you want to go.

They had already checked in when I got there, so I can't speak to speed of checkin. However, my mom gave good reviews of the cookies available on checkin, and I was very surprised at how comfortable the room was. As another reviewer said, nothing fancy, but very nice and comfortable. I also appreciated the easy to access designated smoking area on one end of the balcony.

Service was very nice and prompt, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how good the breakfast was. We had a great breakfast, and sat and chatted the next morning, with no one rushing us out or anything.

A good stay at a comfortable hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Osage Beach - Lake of the Ozarks, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We thank you for staying with us and hope to host you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here June 28-30, 2013. Our trip was for shopping at the outlet mall and golf. The location of the hotel was great as it's right across the street from the outlet mall and a five min. drive to area golf courses and dining. We arrived early and the staff provided us coupon books for the mall which saved us quite a bit of money.

It's not fancy but is clean and despite being booked full, was not loud at night. The breakfast was hot and they had a good variety to select from. It is more expensive than some other brand name or smaller hotels in the area but you are paying for the location which is great if you are there to shop.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AAAAwells
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Osage Beach - Lake of the Ozarks, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express - Lake of the Ozarks/ Osage Beach. We value your comments and are pleased that you had a good experience at our property. We hope to see you again soon.
Peoria, IL
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Nice spacious room, very clean. No fridge though. This room is exactly what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast area is a little small, but that is the only complaint I have. I did have an issue where the people in the room next to me were smoking in their room, and the staff did something to stop if for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jon K
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Osage Beach - Lake of the Ozarks, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
We are very sorry you had to deal with someone smoking in our non-smoking property. Sounds like our front desk staff was able to rectify that for you. Thank you for staying with us.
Richland, Missouri
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I showed up at around 12am. The price was a little steep compared to what I normally am willing to pay but the person at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Thanks to my veteran status I was able to get the price down to $89 from $120. Then to top it off the gentleman at the front desk upgraded my room for free.

The room was VERY nice, VERY spacious. The jetted tub was very enjoyable.

The breakfast included was pretty good. Much better than most hotels. I and my wife are paleo eaters and there wasn't much choice for us, but our food list is very specific so I don't hold it against the hotel. The banana's were nice and we had a couple other things that we probably shouldn't have but it was good.

Room Tip: Check in very late and if a nicer room is available, the front desk may upgrade you for free. I am s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 26DerekD
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Osage Beach - Lake of the Ozarks, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. The entire staff here takes great pride in this property and our guest service. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Right across street from factory outlets, free hot breakfast, clean! East access to just about everything (numerous golf courses, Lodge of Four Seasons, restaurants etc). Nice personal touch checking in, give you a fresh cookie & bottles of water for each. Great service!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators! We were right across from it, and it was pretty loud! Other th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stacey L
We appreciate your comments. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again real soon.
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We weren't supposed to stay at this hotel, but the "smoke free" hotel we had reservations with ended up being anything but smoke free. I was so happy to find the Holiday Inn and the front desk people were very nice. I explained to them what had just happened and they gave me a room key, so I could go check out a room to be sure it was really smoke free. It was. The entire hotel is smoke free and you can tell. It makes all of the difference in the world to me.

The room was clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. I did not get to try the breakfast, but my husband said it was good.

The only downside was the pool. It was very clean, but cold. The room thermostat said 74. That's kind of cold for a pool room. The pool itself was too cold for us adults to get in, but my daughter got used to it.

The location is perfect also, right across from the outlet mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jenby
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express. We value your comments and are happy we were able to accommodate your needs and expectations. We will notify our maintenance staff regarding the thermostat in the pool area. Once again thank you for your review and comments. We look forward to seeing you again.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the best I've stayed in in this area apart from Lodge of the Four Seasons, and it's right across from the Outlet Mall!!! It's clean and the pool is small but fine. There's also a fun play land type place right next door for the kids. I've stayed here at least 4 or 5 times.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank jeffcomom
We appreciate your comments and review. Our location is great for shopping and the play place next door is Miner Mikes. We encourage you to visit us again soon. Thank you for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osage Beach
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#9 of 12 in Lake Ozark
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Holiday Inn Express Osage Beach - Lake of the Ozarks? Share your experiences!